Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineguitarshredder
Stranger
How to induce fruiting?
    #732973 - 07/09/02 07:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I have about 7 jars with brown rice and the pes strain. I am using the quart jar method. I have had them going about two months and they just won't fruit. The mycelium is super thick and they are definately fully colonized. I tried putting them in a hot garage to fruit but it didn't work. One of the jars is fruiting, but half assed. Is is because they've been going so long that they are running out of moisture. I spray the tops of the jars at least twice a day and give them 6-8 hours of flourescent light a day. Any help on getting them to fruit would be awesome, thanks.
guitarshredder

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Re: How to induce fruiting? [Re: guitarshredder]
    #732986 - 07/09/02 07:50 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not familar with a quart jar method but here we go. It sounds like your allowing your mycelium to colonize in the bottom of the quart jar and fruit towards the open area in the top. If so, I would ease up on the spraying of the jars. You said you spray them like 6-8 times a day, this is too much. I think your sealing up your mycelium layer from accessive water content. It gets matted and hard on top like a dried out marsh mellow, you know the outside gets crispy. This mycelium will not pin or produce fruits. You want the mycelium to be wispy and cloud like in appearance on top. I would maybe look into a deep scratch technique if this was your case. If not, check you temp and light conditions. Other then that, with decent air exchange you should get some pins.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: How to induce fruiting? [Re: guitarshredder]
    #732990 - 07/09/02 07:54 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You don't want hot. You want cold. Cool temperatures cause them to fruit. Around 75-76 degrees.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation