Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineandrewcubensis

DAMN THIS GRAIN!
    #730658 - 07/08/02 05:18 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

grrr!
i have continually tried to use grain with constant failure. i am wel versed at pftek and the like, but i want to do some bulk work. I have 2 bags of birdseed sitting here unopened and a bag of "irish" hay :P the seed is "hagen budgie seeds" and it looks EXACTLY like this pic http://www.fungifun.org/grain/pics/finch_seed.jpg

i am using the "grain for simple minds" tek anno gave me. i am using a pressure cooker but it only goes up to 10lbs pressure instead of 15. i have used it MANY times before with pftek with great sucess.please ,dont say "go get vermicluite if it works" as its so hard to get here and its quite expensive.
The problem with my grain isnt that it gets infected, it actually does fuck all the spores dont even take to it every time i cook the grain in the p cooker the grain is nearly all broken kernels so i reduced the time to half an hour which helped a little but the spores still dont germinate ( if thats the term ). i have used the syringes before on pf cakes and they work fine. Whats wrong with this, guys, am i missing something?!
Someone reply ASAP as ive all my gear here ready to make some jars

PS: sorry this is sooo long :O

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: DAMN THIS GRAIN! [Re: andrewcubensis]
    #730673 - 07/08/02 05:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>the grain is nearly all broken kernels
Then you will nedd to reducte the amount of water used.
But even if the grain is broken up, it should still colonize if propperly sterilized...
Also try to presoak it for 12 hours.(fill in jar, let presoak for 12 hours and pressure cook.)

Offlineandrewcubensis

Re: DAMN THIS GRAIN! [Re: Anno]
    #730676 - 07/08/02 05:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

surely if i reduce the water content then there will be more dry grains at the top. is that not bad?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #730692 - 07/08/02 05:41 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>if i reduce the water content then there will be more dry grains at the top.

When you shake the grain after pressure cooking, the drier kernels at the top mix with the wetter kernels from the bottom and equalize the water content over the cooling period.

Make several jars with different amounts of grain, have a log on what you?re doing and then you will find out "your" water content.

Offlineandrewcubensis

Re: DAMN THIS GRAIN! [Re: Anno]
    #730701 - 07/08/02 05:45 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ok man, will do. ill let u know how it goes ok ?

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
    #730730 - 07/08/02 05:55 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Just Soak the seed over night (don't cook it). Then, rinse & drain. Drain it WELL -- in a wire collonder until you cannot shake any water from it. Then fill jars 5/8ths to 3/4 full -- & -- if the seed still looks real real real wet in the jar -- nuke the jars for a few minutes w/o lid, let some steam escape to reduce water content, add filter under the jar lid & add a double paper coffee filter over the lid (use rubber band to hold cofffee filters tight to the jar & PC from 45 to 90 minutes. The Raccoon is not familiar with that brand of seed. He uses bulk 50 pound bags from PetCo and/or feed stores. Works like a charm -- every time. Are you sure the spores you are injecting are viable? SixTango

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlinewhackedout
journeyman
    #730808 - 07/08/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Andrew, use the pf style jars to innoculate your bulk. I picked up the idea of using a cheese grater to shred the pf style cakes and it works killer. 1" dung cover with a layer of shredded pf cake, another 1" of dung, another layer ext. The tek I use calls for a bottom and top layer of dung, one in the middle, and two layers of shredded cakes. This works killer dude.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale