Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
a failed dubstep song
    #7289671 -
Log in to view attachment

its about 1/3 done...

i'm curious what genre of music would this be?


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a failed dubstep song [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7289702 -

I don't even really know what the hell you'd call it, but I do know that I like it.


--------------------
This post approved by:


Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a failed dubstep song [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7291439 -

i would call it tripphonic techno hop!!! It sounded pretty cool man. I had my sub going and cranked up my speakers, it would be fun to listen to tripping with the range of tones you got on it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a failed dubstep song [Re: fliped]
    #7291491 -

some of the things i want to do to it but will probably never get around to it: add some more bars to the melody, play around with the lfo's on the synths and bassline

the main thing i want to do is i have the compressors turned way up on a bunch of the instruments, so when i change the volume it mainly changes the level of distortion.

does anyone know an easy way to hand adjust a knob throughout a song in FL studio 5?

i've just been using formula controller and i'm very unhappy with using that.

(when i try and use the overdub option, since i use the same patterns over and over again it only saves the knob adjustments for that pattern, and not for each seperate instance the pattern is played...)


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a failed dubstep song [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7296248 -

Electronica? I liked it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a failed dubstep song [Re: PinballWizard]
    #7296528 -

i work with FLStudio 6 so yeah, I can help you out. You should be able to automate per pattern, all you need to do is right click the know or slider you want to automate and click the Edit Events thing. From there you just draw in the automation values to suit how you want to change something during the song.


--------------------
This post approved by:


Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a failed dubstep song [Re: Skeeblix]
    #7297557 -

hahahaha, yeah i knew about that, i'm so lazy though i don't want to have to draw into that thing over and over and then test and retest...

i'll do it though. do you have AIM? my SN is truekimbo. i've really wanted to look at other people's FL projects so i can get new ideas for how to use the software. i've been using it along time but somehow i never really learned to much other than how to make the sounds i want.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: a failed dubstep song [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7298278 -

I don't do too much with automation yet, I'm still particularly raw when it comes to any knowledge of sound synthesis. I alter a lot of the premades to my liking, but when it comes to designing my own waveforms and the like I always come out with stuff that sounds kind of awkward.

Tweaking automation to suit a track can be tough, especially if the sound you're looking for requires variances in more than one value.

I do use AIM, but I'm 700 miles away from my PC with FL on it right now. In a couple days, I'll be back home, and I'll be more than happy to share some of my limited experience with you. I'm sure we both have things we can learn from each other. I'll toss you a PM with some contact info in it, and I'll probably end up adding you on AIM so we can talk.


--------------------
This post approved by:


Premedman1 said:
:lol: I just shat my pants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A new song (dnb/ambient influenced) DannyT 987 12 10/17/05 04:28 AM
by stefan
* Your DNA Is a Song: Scientists Use Music to Code Proteins ivi 1,088 3 10/28/05 10:17 AM
by Simisu
* Capturing hallucinitory songs from the psychadelic realm orizon 1,143 9 01/25/04 01:43 AM
by djd586
* Thoughts on the new A Perfect Circle song?
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 3,309 27 11/07/04 01:10 AM
by plexus
* MORE THAN one of my "Home-made acoustic guitar songs".. JacquesCousteau 1,649 17 01/06/04 03:25 PM
by JacquesCousteau
* recommend some songs
( 1 2 all )
John 3,672 22 09/24/04 12:47 AM
by felix
* Can anyone Title this song? Phobos 1,896 10 07/01/01 11:01 AM
by Anonymous
* Song Lyrics... HAL_9000 1,926 11 08/30/02 10:17 AM
by Smack31

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
783 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.