Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSillyHead
Ego-Destruction/Death
    #726949 - 07/06/02 05:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Who here has experienced it? I've been trying, but I guess I just can't get my mood/environments right.... hmmmm..

--------------------
All your shrooms are belong to us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrangeDays
Bob
Re: Ego-Destruction/Death [Re: SillyHead]
    #726980 - 07/06/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Try taking mushrooms and using a guide book , such
as "The Psychedelic Experience" and "BE HERE NOW".

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #727519 - 07/06/02 09:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Don't read any books on it. They'll only impose someone else's idea of egolessness on you. It's like trying not to think of pink elephants... the more you try not to, the more you think about them. Besides... McKenna, Leary, Ram Dass, or whoever were all egotists who only wanted a cult-like following, which they got (open a new thread if you want to argue this with me). I don't know how much experience you have with entheogens, but you should have tripped on lower doses (still psychedelic though) around 10 times.

Make sure you fast beforehand.
Make sure you are clear-headed before the trip (not depressed etc...).
Have a sitter available.
Take over 5g of mushrooms in a dark room (no light).
Breathe.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#727657 - 07/06/02 09:53 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think i have experienced ego death, but I did totally lose my ego for a few hours at a festival after eating a 2 grams of shrooms. I am quite sure of this. At a certain point my inner dialog shut down and i begun thinking of everything and everyone as a whole/conected. The realization that the ego is only a paper thin self defence mechinism with no real perpouse was reiforced.
It didn't die though cuz at the end of my trip it popped back in and my inner dialog came back on. It was quite a comedown and unpleasant experience. But i got over it and was greatful for what i had learned.
just thought i'd share

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ego-Destruction/Death [Re: Anonymous]
    #727683 - 07/06/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What did you learn?

--------------------

OfflineSillyHead
Re: Ego-Destruction/Death [Re: Sclorch]
    #728452 - 07/07/02 05:35 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the recommendations. My exp is limited to some LSD and some DXM Citrate (Very small quantities), no shrooms as of yet. I'll probably have another go at it in a few weeks though.

--------------------
All your shrooms are belong to us

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #728497 - 07/07/02 06:15 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i was chattin to this guy in the pub last week and he said he thinks he experienced ego death. It only lasted a second but he said it seemed more real than this around him now. for that moment everything was clear.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #728532 - 07/07/02 06:38 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I experienced it for sure...Not only myself, but others agree that at times you can experience it without even realising it for some time. It is very dramatic and yet at the same time because of it's drama sometimes the brain ignores it and you can feel it's presence in your spirit/mind and not know what it is.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #728597 - 07/07/02 07:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I experienced it, for the first time, yesterday.

Me and my gf had the whole house to ourselves, and we took 6 grams each.
(prepared with a blender.)

Due to the blender method, it hit us within about 15 mins.
At first it was great. The visuals, everything.
But then i lost it. I lost reality. My vision was CLEAR (everything looked normal), but my mind was gone.
I had many basic thoughts, but i can hardly remember any of them. Some words that pop into my head are: Being a 'god' form. Questioning the birth-death cycle. Eternal 'dying'. Everything begun with chaos, and will end in it. Loops.

I trashed around my gf's room like crazy. i flung my arms around wildy (i thought i was swimming in the chaos. Like all molecules were the same.) I managed to slap her around a bit as she tried to bring me back. I got into the hallway, and fell down the stairs, on my back (my gf held my head up supposedly, which probably saved me from a concusion). and then downstairs begun the 'death' part. I screamed and moaned in agony. My gf even threw water on me, which didnt do shit really.
I forgot what i was thinking about, but it did feel like i was doomed to die eternaly in some mental hell. It feels like going insane. It feels like your going to live eternaly, trapped in this hell.
But i tell you what.
When i came out of that. I was laughing with tears in my eyes, because i've been 'reborn' and knew the 'secret'. The secret of the 'cycle'.
It really felt like i was god, but that everyone else was god too. But nobody really knew it. Or something like that.
I beleived in reincarnation before (even though i'm totaly anti-religious), but now i beleive in it even more.

This was a great experience, which ended up in a lot of cuts and bruises.
That feeling of being reborn, and being sent back into this world was great.

I can only say that when you 'let go' and go limp falling into the abyss, try not to TOTALY let go............of your bladder especialy. ...........three times especialy. XP

I -am- willing to repeat my experience. Because i now know what to expect. And i might try and go more calmly and philosophicaly.

Just put on your seatbelt.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #728809 - 07/07/02 09:06 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

A peacefull ego-death? experience

Once I was tripping at my favored place with my soulmate and former scholar in shamanism.
When I felt the peak comming up I concentrated on a huge fern in front of me which suddenly bursted into patterns. In the middle of these patterns was a bright white light. I felt like something was asking me: are you ready? And I answered: Yes! The bright light took more and more room 'till it was the only remaining thing I saw (my eyes where open). A VERY peacefull feeing came over me and I heard a loud, pulsing noise. Then I must have fainted or so (I wasn' t conscious of myself anymore), my fellow tripper said that I just sat there with my eyes wide open. Half an hour later, I felt like I was shot through a tunnel and I was back. I felt a little tired but very comfortable. I don' t know if this was a so called ego-death experience, but since then I hope when I have to die, I will be conscious. I hope, the same voice would ask me then if I was ready, and I also hope I would be able to answer yes without any fear.

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #728872 - 07/07/02 09:33 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I believe have experienced ego death one time with the help of some mushrooms and marijuana. I had been eating light foods and fasting 3 days before I tripped. The dose wasn't that large either maybe about 15 - 20 various Panaleous Mushrooms mosty Pan Cyans.

Well back to the experience....I was just sitting on the ground in the forest when all tension on my mind and body was released. I was in a state of pure bliss, any question in my mind was immediately followed by an awnser, I lost my fear of death and realized that my spirit would live on forever. I felt a great love for all forms of life and realized we are all connected by the same energy. The words "Be Here Now" and "Living in the here and now" actually begun to take on meaning. I even started walking differently, it felt like I was gliding around the forest.

This feeling of being so high and free stayed with me for about a week. I was reborn into reality. All abilities were heightened: concentration, mental visualization, endurance, etc. Everything seemed different, the forest I just walked into, my room, my parents, school. I was free from worries and desires, the days moved by more quickly, I was never bored or tired and I slept alot less. Well theres some of what I have experienced, I dont if it was ego death, but I do know it was great!!

I respect the Mushroom for the wisdom it has given me. The mushroom has awakened my spirit and its going to soar over all limits and boundries.

Edited by cxz (07/07/02 09:42 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Ego-Destruction/Death [Re: RuNE]
    #729293 - 07/07/02 12:41 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I managed to slap her around a bit as she tried to bring me back.
I too, like to use the old "Mushroom-Induced Ego Death" line in order to slap my bitch around. Works quite well!

My gf even threw water on me, which didnt do shit really.
Water? What a wuss! Keep a beaker of hydrochloric acid handy. That will have an effect, even on mushroom-induced psychosis. It may not help the tripper, but it gives them something real to scream about and is sure fun to watch.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Ego-Destruction/Death [Re: Swami]
    #729631 - 07/07/02 03:54 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I think i experianced it. Eitherby drugs, or near death or both? Im not sure if it was ego loss, but if it was not total loss...but at the time it was horrific in its simplicity. Maybe i am just insane.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ego-Destruction/Death [Re: Swami]
    #730063 - 07/07/02 07:13 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Swami: Water? What a wuss! Keep a beaker of hydrochloric acid handy. That will have an effect, even on mushroom-induced psychosis. It may not help the tripper, but it gives them something real to scream about and is sure fun to watch.

For a second there, I could have sworn I was reading Bukowski.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract