Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Automated FAE and RH
    #7190027 -

I am looking to automate FAE and RH in 4 70 liter tubs (1 x 2 x 1.5)
I already have somewhat of an idea on how I'm going to do it but i would like some input.

I plan on using some type of long tub (4 feet long to cover the width of my 4 tubs) and fill it with water and put in a floting fogger. There will be 4 fans mounted a foot apart on the top of this tub and there will be 4 pipes coming out of it (one in each tub). So this would cover RH and FAE from the fan and it could all be put on a timer to make sure all the tubs RH stays at the right level.

Anyone see why this wouldnt work or have any suggestions ... I plan on making up a drawing tomorow to show what I'm talking about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Automated FAE and RH [Re: TrippinOnAcid]
    #7190584 -

A Cool Mist humidifier works great at serving both of those purposes. It provides both humidity and fresh air exchange.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Automated FAE and RH [Re: soulsizzle]
    #7190591 -

I dont reccommend running hoses from a cool mist, from what I have heard/ read here, it tends to cause the motor to burn out.

I run my setup through a martha, so I had the option of leaving the coolmist and ultrasonice INSIDE the FC. which is working fine right now.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Automated FAE and RH [Re: Banez]
    #7192656 -

Banez said:
I dont reccommend running hoses from a cool mist, from what I have heard/ read here, it tends to cause the motor to burn out.



That's really a matter of personal preference and experience. I've been piping my cool mist in for a few years now. I've only replace one and that was due to other, unrelated issues.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Automated FAE and RH [Re: soulsizzle]
    #7193888 -

Another issue is 1 cool mist will not provide RH for 4 tubs (1.5 x 2 feet) but a fogger setup would and will e a cheap alternative with the added benifit of a huge resvoir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Automated FAE and RH [Re: TrippinOnAcid]
    #7193899 -

I'd run 2 cool mists, and run 2 hoses from each to supply both humidity and FAE. Also, the resevior of most cool mists are easily expandable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Automated FAE
( 1 2 all )
agar 8,643 36 03/23/06 04:49 AM
by Citric
* A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More! Edge 30,427 16 08/22/18 09:54 AM
by drprobablyno
* Automated FAE Timer by TIMEX Astral Piper 2,870 9 06/08/07 07:18 PM
by El_Flying_Mohawk
* Automated FAE (pics) Slappy McCrackin 1,915 7 08/15/08 06:39 AM
by veda_sticks
* I love cute little fans for automating FAE
( 1 2 all )
agar 5,911 32 07/21/06 01:52 PM
by pfgdude
* Super simple automated FAE for Shotgun FC? gardensgrow 1,410 3 07/11/08 01:25 PM
by medicine man
* automated FAE PMP??? help spacemanps 606 1 01/08/06 01:07 PM
by spacemanps
* Automating FAE in Greenhouse type setup rawtoxic 1,397 1 01/19/07 05:51 PM
by Sillicybin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,097 topic views. 15 members, 179 guests and 239 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.