Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefeared
Stranger
when to fruit my PF cakes?
    #717761 - 07/02/02 09:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

hello all, this is my first post here. I have some cakes fully colonized at 24 days past inoculation, with some more following close behind. I have read some places to wait 2 weeks past the time the cake fully colonizes, and another that says start fruiting right when its colonized. When is the best time? My plan is to use a rubermaid type container with an inch or so of perlite soaked on the bottom of it to keep the himidity up, not so sure on the light source yet, since that container may or may not be clear. Any help for my newbie self would be appreciated. Oh, no contaminations in any cakes so far!

--------------------
There's nothing like the feeling of an 800 horse street car....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: when to fruit my PF cakes? [Re: feared]
    #717782 - 07/02/02 09:47 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

My suggestion is to wait an additional 7 days so you can make sure that the inside of the cake is colonized and that the mycelium has an aggressive foothold on all avaiable nutrients, therefore, maxing out your first flush. I also suggest you dunk your cakes!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Offlinefeared
Stranger
Re: when to fruit my PF cakes? [Re: phrozendata]
    #717789 - 07/02/02 09:52 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Cool. Now any ideas on my fruiting chamber???? Any negatives to using just perlite soaked and layed on the bottom? How often should I open the top to let air in? I definitely plan to either dunk, or inject the cakes......and I have read about using sterilized water that has been made into a tea with straw or similar substance to allow more fruiting......comments?

--------------------

OfflineI_and_I
journeyman
Loc: stuck in the middle
    #717794 - 07/02/02 09:53 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

first make sure the contianer is clear it doesnt need to be but it help alot. if you have good natural light(through a window) then you dont need a light. but if you dont a flourecent will be fine. mushrooms dont need much light at all actuall if you can see your cakes than thats enough light make sure they have real good air exchange that i think is most important. if you doing this in the closet but can expose them to light when noones around that will be enough light that only if buying a light is out of the question.you fruit your cakes when there a 100% colonized you will see the whole cake cover i mean totally covered with mycilium.good luck on your growany other questions????

Offlinefeared
Stranger
Re: when to fruit my PF cakes? [Re: I_and_I]
    #717833 - 07/02/02 10:17 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You mention good air exchance, but what is considered good? I want minimal maintenance here. Open top once or twice a day??? Poke some holes? What should I do there? Also, how long will it take for the cake to be spent with rewetting it? How much time does it take for each flush? THese are puerto rican strain right now, with some penis envy (thats the name their sold as) on the way.

thanks.

--------------------

OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
    #717910 - 07/02/02 11:00 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Check out the dunking teks for rehydrating or also you can inject water in them.
Search for both of those.

Air exchange is crucial. If you arent using a cool mist humidifier or have holes covered with filters towards the bottom you probably need to fan even more. But even if you have all that taken care of you should still fan as much as you can.
With a simple set up, try to fan 3 or 4 times a day.
I always have problems with the air exchange and not doing it enough. You really should make sure.
If you stick your head in the chamber (which I do NOT suggest - but I already have), towards the bottom you can feel the humidity and lack of fresh air. You dont want that. You want it to be cool down their just like the top of the fruiting chamber. Sometimes you can wave your hand near the bottom, and you can feel the stale air.

Offlinefeared
Stranger
Re: when to fruit my PF cakes? [Re: GreyMatter]
    #717943 - 07/02/02 11:19 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm, any way to automate? Such as using computer fans or something? I am worried that any fans would allow the humidity to drop too low. Automation is great!

--------------------

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
    #718059 - 07/02/02 12:38 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ive found that the bubbler setup does a pretty good job at creating new air. although you will have to still fan, you dont have to do it near as much, i would check into that if i where you. as for automated, the cool mist humidifier is your best bet.
peace
rain

Offlinestaindblue
enthusiast

Loc: GodsCountry
    #718084 - 07/02/02 01:04 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

A bubbler works great, i shove it right in the wet perlite(i keep it really wet)
The tub I'm using already had slotted cut outs under the grab handle now i don't actually know how much Co2 is being pushed out but my theory is more O2 is being pulled in but i still fan and i don't worry when i'm at work and can't get home for lunch or get home late.
Oh, one thing about this is either getting some inline filters for this or making a hepa
box for the airpump so it draws air through a filter.
i think one of the vendors here carry the in line filters

Offlinefeared
Stranger
Re: when to fruit my PF cakes? [Re: staindblue]
    #718104 - 07/02/02 01:17 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Bubbler setup??? Any links? Its prolly in the faq huh? Im lazy, he he. More info!

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #718107 - 07/02/02 01:18 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Don?t be lazy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom