Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: trying to fruit pf pints, temp? humidity? cold shock?
    #26750 - 08/02/00 03:27 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

You know, my hampster's dominatrix had the same problem. The only fruiting success that she had was when she waited for in-vitro primordia formation. Once her jars were fully colonized she moved them into indirect light and placed them in the refrigerator for a couple hours a day. Her cakes were covered in pins before they were birthed.

Cakes that she birthed without in-vitro pins, she could never get to fruit. She always ends up having to salvage them by breaking them up and casing them.

------------------
Cogito, ergo sum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#26752 - 08/02/00 04:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

My trick's cakes stalled like that once. Are you sure they have enough moisture? That's what her's needed. Hope this helped.

:smile: Take a look at my pictures

------------------
..... LEGALIZE .....
See my pictures here.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

Offlinecactus
journeyman
    #26753 - 08/02/00 06:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Little Boots,

So you put your jars in the refridgerator before you birthed them? That sounds like a good idea... I always thought most people cold-shocked after they broke up their cakes and cased them, putting the casing trays in the fridge. But I guess cold-shocking the jars before their birthday would do some good too... you say you had much success with this method?

thanks
c

Anonymous

#26754 - 08/02/00 06:50 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Once the pf cakes were fully colonized, the cakes were place in the refrigerator for a couple hours everyday/every other day. This was done until primordia formed. This took from 5 to 10 days. While they were not in the refrigerator, they sat in indirect light for 12 hours a day. The room temp was 80 deg. F.

When birthed, they had about 10-15 primordia per cake. Those cakes produced well.

Whether it works, or was coincidence, I was very happy with the results.

This is done on cakes that are not going to be cased. When casing is to be done, I do not shock while the cakes are in the jars.

------------------
Cogito, ergo sum

Anonymous

#26755 - 08/03/00 07:40 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Most, if not all cultivated mushrooms fruit at lower temperatures than the optimum for the growth of mycelium. Usually, a drop in temperature is accompanied by rain or an increase in humidity. Primordia have a low tolerance to corbon dioxide and need ample fresh air. and while the mycelium has no requirement for light, many species need light to initiate pinheads and to mature into healthy mushrooms. given that the substrate has sufficient nutrients, the interacton of water, humidity, temperature, fresh air, carbon dioxide and light all play determining roles in the pinning process.

all i can say is read paul stamets' book TMC! there is much more to the process but why should i go into it when you are the one that should be reading the book.

[This message has been edited by sean1234 (edited August 03, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags