Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Parafilm, Petri Dish, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: B+ Fruiting On Agar!!!
    #71419 - 01/12/00 02:28 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Excellent work, Shroom Mage! I'd love to get my hands on your strain once it's perfected! Oh, and as for the large green blobs of contamination, I see those around sometimes too. Inhalation of their burning fumes seem to cause a profound increase in appetite!

ShroomGod

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#71421 - 01/12/00 02:49 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hey ShroomGod...Thanks :wink:...And your right...I am hungry!!!

I will be soliciting 4 of the more experienced grower's here at the Shroomery to test it for me...here pretty soon. I've put you on the list...and I do appreciate the help. I'm too close to the project and will need objective opinions...although the data looks promising. I believe it shouldn't have trouble with other substrates, but it has been selectively developed for Rye Grain substrates. So it would be nice if several substrate mixes were attempted. What I have found so far on Rye Grain is...substrate/ mycelium inoculation to full colonization of spawn bags is about 8 days at 85 degrees. Casing (1/2-inch Ryche Mix) to first pins 5 to 7 days. Pin set to harvest 5 days.

But I am not sure how stable it is after only 30 generations...the key characteristic indicators were not met till generation 20.

Anyway thanks for the input. For those that want to view my lab notes on this project and other projects thatare on-going, they will be posted at my new website this weekend (Mage's EntheoMycology Site). I just published it this week and it needs a lot of work...but I have several things to share and a site seemed appropriate. Here's the link:
http://shroom-mage.com

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

[This message has been edited by Shroom Mage (edited January 12, 2000).]

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #71422 - 01/12/00 03:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Man, see this is why I love mycology......the work done by us experimenting mycologists is just amazing....
ShroomMage, Very good work....I have not begun to do half the things I will be doing and its people like you who make me want to do it even more....Keep up the good work!

------------------
"To all the weed I've smoked......yo this blunts for you"

"To all the people I've offended.....Yea, FUCK YOU TOO!
~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #71423 - 01/12/00 05:57 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hey mage,

What's up with that mycelium? Is it from spores or transfers from another dish? Or is that just how B+ grows? Isn't it kind of weird looking? I'm just wondering because the mycelium in my petris (GT's and azures) looks nothing like that, it is thicker and denser and looks altogether different. Nice work tho!
DH

Anonymous

#71424 - 01/12/00 07:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Dethed...yes the mycelium is drying out. During this part of my project I take primordia and cut it into several pieces...using different environmental conditions to investigate for optimum environmental conditions. The pic I posted was one of several that was left on my desk. The mycelium started drying out about 4 days before the pic was taken. If you look closely of the pick with the flat cap, you can see bluing caused by stress over inproper humidity.

As far as healthy mycelium goes, it displays strong ropey growth when under proper conditions. It was not my intent to allow this too happen...I had planned to process the petrii sooner, but I'm waiting for a replacement HEPA filter for my flow hood and I didn't want the hassle of dealing with my old glove box...and I didn't want to move it to my Myco Chamber, it would defeat the purpose...but next time I will use Parafilm and see what happens.

I'll post some picks of various strains at my new web page soon...although to me the mycelium of cubies all looks the same to me. Where the difference will be seen is between Azure, Cubies and Tampanensis.

Here's the link: http://www.shroom-mage.com

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Anonymous

#71425 - 01/12/00 08:37 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I'll try again.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

[This message has been edited by Shroom Mage (edited January 12, 2000).]

Anonymous

#71426 - 01/12/00 08:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Here's another pic. Ever seen a B+ look like this? Pretty heavy print too...but it was left to drop about 36 hours. Can't wait to see what they look like when grown on substrate :wink:

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Parafilm, Petri Dish, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation