Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
LSD users for prohibition?
    #7105191 -

I found out recently that a lot of my friends that use LSD and use other much more dangerous drugs, think that LSD should stay illegal. They claim that a lot of people cant handle themselves on acid, and if they have a bad trip everything in the world will go to shit and there will be chaos. i was extremely disheartened to hear them say this.

I asked them why alcohol was ok to be legal and LSD wasnt, and one of them actually thought alcohol was better for you physically. do i just hang out with stupid people?

Sure people will have bad trips, but i dont think it compares AT ALL to all of the drunk driving deaths, or anything that alcohol does. Do any LSD users on the shroomery feel that LSD should stay illegal? Im completely for the legalization of it. I am just so depressed that some of my friends think LSD should stay illegal. any comments?


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7105216 -

Drewwyann said:
do i just hang out with stupid people?




Most likely. I've experienced alot of the same with people. Sometimes they'll listen when you correct them, but most of the time they don't.


--------------------
:deemsters:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7105293 -

I think lsd should be legal but I doubt it will ever be legal or else a really really really long time away.
if it was legal i really doubt it would cause increased chaos, if anything the opposite
except for maybe like unstable people and them going mad like your friends were saying...but I dont really see those people taking it

I actually just saw one of my closer friends last week and we got in a convo about mushrooms. he knew I did a grow this previous winter/spring and he was talking to me about maybe starting one of his own. we then got into how mushrooms affect your brain and psychological changes during a trip and long term after.
he basically said mushrooms fuck your head up and only sees mushrooms as having fun.
I dont really care that he would eat them just for fun like anyother drug at all, I eat them for fun and other purposes.

he was under the impression psilocybin eats your brain like Ecstasy or something

I tried to explain to him my knowledge on it and just brushed it off


--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

Edited by mikeytro (06/28/07 10:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7105297 -

I'm not for an all-of-a-sudden blanket legalization. I think education is an important precusor to legalization. I don't think acid should be legalized tomorow. In a few years? Sure. As long as the way people in this country think about drugs is changed on a fundamental level first.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7105553 -

I dont think you should compare a bad trip to drinking and driving. People are allowed to drink, they arent allowed to drink and drive because they are impaired.

If LSD was legalized we would have DUI's with LSD as well. People are just stupid (such as your friends).

But, you can bring up the fact that there have been few LSD related deaths than alcohol related deaths. You can tell them that there are fewer long and short term side effects with LSD than alcohol. Infact, dont tell them anything just send them to erowid.


--------------------


There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7106466 -

Drewwyann said:
I found out recently that a lot of my friends that use LSD and use other much more dangerous drugs, think that LSD should stay illegal. They claim that a lot of people cant handle themselves on acid, and if they have a bad trip everything in the world will go to shit and there will be chaos. i was extremely disheartened to hear them say this.





I don't think the legalization of psychedelics would cause widespread problems.  If someone has a bad trip, they are just less likely to take it again. Psychedelics are self-regulating in this way; they don't always guarantee a good time. Obviously they aren't for everyone.  I wish alcohol was like that; someone has a bad alcohol experience and thereafter they stay away from it... doesn't usually happen though.  People go back to it.

We also have to remember that legalization of a drug does not necessarily mean that people don't use them already... whatever problems would arise are probably already happening for the most part.

I supposed LSD is a bit different, given that its availability has been severely affected by its prohibition :ohwell:

Like OMR said though, there is no sense in abrupt, across-the-board legalization of drugs.  Education is the way to protect people from the harmful effects of drugs.

To answer your question, I don't think it would make sense to legalize LSD until  North Americans get over their habit of blaming others for anything bad that happens to them.  A large-scale ideology of personal responsibility must pervade the population before it would work.

That said, I don't think it makes much sense to punish people for the use of drugs like LSD.

Let's start with legalizing cannabis and see where that takes us.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7106500 -

I think LSD should be legal, but if it were to be suddenly legalised, all kinds of idiots would destroy themselves abusing it. It needs to be gradually brought in, first through research and education and eventually total legalisation.

This could be done over the course of a decade or two if any government actually cared to make logical, harm reducing legislation relating to drug use, instead of carrying on an endless "war". Ideally, all drugs would be legal, but since a lot of people are too stupid to use LSD and other substances responsibly, it will take a while to implement.

Culture and education are the first steps. Just look at the situation in Holland. Why are mushrooms and Peyote legal, yet there's only the occasional fool abusing them? Because the Dutch education and culture pertain to responsible, moderate drug use. If kids were taught the truth about drugs from a very young age, all substances could be legal and there would likely be fewer cases of dangerous drug abuse than there are now.


--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7106509 -

EllisDSox said:
I think LSD should be legal, but if it were to be suddenly legalised, all kinds of idiots would destroy themselves abusing it.



People are responsible for themselves. No reason why it shouldn't be instantly legalized. Idiots destroy themselves abusing anything. We don't need an institution to take us by the hand and lead us through baby steps towards having our own liberty. Its our right as a sovereign entities, and that right already exists.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #7106567 -

The scheduling should change for sure.  I use LSD recreationaly, but not everyone will or should.  I do believe it has medicinal uses, and for that alone, it shouldn't be completely prohibited.

We need more psychological studies involving LSD.

Also, your friends are jackasses. :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: Cowgold]
    #7106577 -

While I feel that personal freedom is very important, it also requires personal responsibility.  Not everyone can or will take responsibility for themselves and will always spoil shit for the rest of us. 

Kill them and we can be free.  :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7106619 -

fireworks_god said:
EllisDSox said:
I think LSD should be legal, but if it were to be suddenly legalised, all kinds of idiots would destroy themselves abusing it.



People are responsible for themselves. No reason why it shouldn't be instantly legalized. Idiots destroy themselves abusing anything. We don't need an institution to take us by the hand and lead us through baby steps towards having our own liberty. Its our right as a sovereign entities, and that right already exists.



:rolleyes:  And here at the Shroomery, isn't the #1 thing to encourage the responsible use of drugs?  This isn't about institutions leading us by the hand. This is about people understanding there is use, and there is abuse.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7106667 -

Sure it is. Instituting a gradual legalization process is exactly how I represented it to be. I didn't speak agansit education, but do you expect that people should read every single post at the Shroomery about mushrooms before they can legally be permitted to consume them?

Of course not. It isn't the responsibility of the federal government to ensure that we are educated as to the nature of our actions before they can permit us to engage in them. :rolleyes: It is our responsibility. Perhaps you should look up the definition of liberty.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7106671 -

fireworks_god said:
No reason why it shouldn't be instantly legalized.



True or false? If one selects false, then one subsequently does not feel that human beings are sovereign entities responsible for their own actions.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7106673 -

fireworks_god said:
fireworks_god said:
No reason why it shouldn't be instantly legalized.



True or false? If one selects false, then one subsequently does not feel that human beings are sovereign entities responsible for their own actions.



False - and please don't define what my feelings are about humanity depending on how I feel about a certain something.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7106699 -

An unreasonable request, as it automatically follows. Logic. If/then.

Quote:
lib·er·ty      /ˈlɪbərti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lib-er-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties. 1. freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control. 
2. freedom from external or foreign rule; independence. 
3. freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice. 
4. freedom from captivity, confinement, or physical restraint: The prisoner soon regained his liberty.



Let's emphasize the most relevant definiton of the word liberty...

Quote:

3. freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.




Two more relevant quotes that might be of interest...

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.



Quote:
Jefferson believed that each individual has "certain inalienable rights". That is, these rights exist with or without government; man cannot create, take, or give them away. It is the right of "liberty" on which Jefferson is most notable for expounding. He defines it by saying "rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."[14] Hence, for Jefferson, though government cannot create a right to liberty, it can indeed violate it. And the limit of an individual's rightful liberty is not what law says it is but is simply a matter of stopping short of prohibiting other individuals from having the same liberty. A proper government, for Jefferson, is one that not only prohibits individuals in society from infringing on the liberty of other individuals, but also restrains itself from diminishing individual liberty.



The fact that others may take irresponsible action that violates the rights of others does not give any government the authority to violate my own right to liberty. :sorry:

You either think human beings have a right to liberty and that the government subsequently cannot infringe upon that liberty by making certain usage of a substance illegal (usage that does not infringe upon the rights of others), or you think the government has that right and that, subsequently, human beings do not have the right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

So, yes, anyone who answers false definitely doesn't think that human beings have a right to liberty. It automatically extends. :shrug:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7106702 -

Nothing is automatic. Logic is not universal. :sorry:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7106706 -

i prefer that lsd is illegal.

US vs THEM setup of illegal drug use is perhaps more important than the drug taking itself.

jesus can you imagine if the you had big bussiness selling you acid AND encouraging poeple to watch television all day and buy into whatever shit they were advertising at the moment... poeple would go along with it like lemmings.
at least when you do drugs you have to accept that you're a criminal, and poeple will try and stop you/harm you/punish you. it sets you up to realise other forms of manipulation and abuse by those who seek poker.

edit: also it would destroy an economy that many well meaning slackers with not many other skills depend on... and it would put the profits in the hands of whichever evil company had the best marketing compagine.


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (06/29/07 10:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7106714 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Nothing is automatic. Logic is not universal. :sorry:



You cannot hold two naturally conflicting statements as both being true. It belies the nature of reality. The sun cannot be in two locations at once.

Care to demonstrate precisely how my conclusion regarding the statement is false? Seems I made a pretty substansial point regarding liberty.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #7106732 -

truekimbo2 said:
jesus can you imagine if the you had big bussiness selling you acid AND encouraging poeple to watch television all day and buy into whatever shit they were advertising at the moment...  poeple would go along with it like lemmings.



People's choices as to how they will live their life are their own. Why would it matter to you what they did, as long as it didn't prevent you from living your own life?

Quote:
  at least when you do drugs you have to accept that you're a criminal, and poeple will try and stop you/harm you/punish you.  it sets you up to realise other forms of manipulation and abuse by those who seek poker.



I personally don't like having people try to stop me, harm me, or punish me for following my living right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I can become aware of other manners in which people attempt to manipulate and abuse me by my own, without having to be subjected to even more, undue manipulation and abuse. :what:

Quote:
edit:  also it would destroy an economy that many well meaning slackers with not many other skills depend on...



:shrug:

Quote:
  and it would put the profits in the hands of whichever evil company had the best marketing compagine.



Only if people decided to do business with them. Individual choice. Why does it matter to you how others spend their money, provided that it doesn't interfere with your own rights?


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LSD users for prohibition? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7106752 -

i think that trukimbo has a pretty valid point. the whole LSD underground would be shattered if it were to be regulated or legalized. Though if there was a skilled chemist he/she would then be allowed to make a much larger amount and higher a much larger amount of workers to help the job, and though the price would drop dramatically, it would make up for itself with quantity and quality.

I dont know though. i just think he makes a good point. Though i dont think that it woudl be easy to make money on for a large corporation because there would be so many sources for it after prohibition ended.

I do hate big business, but i hate people locking each other up for stupid reasons as well.


--------------------


Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How Prohibition Increases the Harm It Tries to Reduce Annom 1,986 8 11/18/03 04:05 PM
by DailyPot
* Nobel Prize Winner who used LSD
( 1 2 3 all )
Help on the Way 10,576 53 05/24/04 02:46 AM
by Annom
* Famous psychedelic & other drugs users
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 15,138 45 07/06/09 07:00 AM
by entheogensmurf
* Thomas Jefferson Quote Crass 789 5 09/26/03 01:52 PM
by Crass
* Free Cognitive Liberty News To Your Inbox World Spirit 780 0 03/17/05 01:31 AM
by World Spirit
* Famous / well-known drug users ? papayafuzz 1,695 17 10/31/03 12:42 PM
by TheSlapnCapn
* LSD, dogs and me. gotta love RAW LeastResistance 1,286 4 10/22/16 05:03 PM
by tarlin
* Jefferson Airplane
( 1 2 3 all )
glimmi 7,908 48 11/28/12 04:52 AM
by gonzo422

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,863 topic views. 8 members, 25 guests and 229 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.