Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Initiate pinning w/ cubes??
    #706773 -

Got an overlay problem w/ no more casing material to make another layer. I figure the temp hasn't droped enough to initiate pinning. RH must be around %90 from the large amout of conensation on the sides of the tupp.

It is 2 smaller style (1 foot x 5 inch x 6 inch [deep]) casing trays in a 73 Qt. Sterilite contaner w/ Perlite. The weather here has been terribly hot w/ no chance of it breaking just yet. Could I make sanitary ice cubes (distilled water w/ a bit of H202) and place them in the perlite to drop the temp a tad? Or is this a bad idea.

-XiC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Initiate pinning w/ cubes?? [Re: XiC]
    #707384 -

Well thx for all the info everyone! NOT

I did it anyway.

-XiC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Initiate pinning w/ cubes?? [Re: XiC]
    #707479 -

Most people would agree that cubes dont really need any cold shocking at all.

I believe that the introduction of fresh air and light is enough to make them pin. Course Im sure they might trigger faster if the air is less than 80 degrees. The ice cubes will work for a very short time, but Id just say to put a fan in the direction of your box or something to keep it a little cooler at least.

How hot is your house?!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Initiate pinning w/ cubes?? [Re: angryshroom]
    #707512 -

I agree. I think that what you may be experiencing is common though. Total amount of time to pin may be equal regardless of cold shock, but at higher temps the casing is more likely to overcolonize during that time. Therefore the cold shock isn't as much to induce pins as it is to slow the (over)colonization of the casing.
Plenty of fresh air and light are all that will bring pins IME. Nothing else really speeds it up noticably and consistently. Give 'em air, but keep the humidity up. If you've already got overlay I don't think the temps will matter much. However, if you are just starting to see some overlay, a temp drop could be helpful. Not sure about the best way, but I would recomend an air conditioner.


--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Initiate pinning w/ cubes?? [Re: mycofile]
    #709094 -

Well, as little as it may have helped; the cubes went in. I figured they might help raise the RH as well. A fan & an AC are on it. The reading on my digital thermo strip in the chamber is 78F. Much cooler than the 86F room it used to be in. I figure I can do no better than that, so I will just keep it there and fan & mist 3 times a day.

I think PF is begining, the little white balls of fluff?

-XiC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Initiate pinning w/ cubes?? [Re: XiC]
    #709323 -

WoOt!!


--------------------
There is a Fungus amoung us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wavelength of light that initiates pinning in cubensis? Heruuka 1,959 3 01/14/03 08:06 PM
by H2O2shrooms
* initiating pinning 40oz 2,411 11 05/04/01 07:06 PM
by gratefulredhead
* Initiate pinning via dry shocking powderfinger 1,415 5 07/02/02 04:24 AM
by Waldarbeiter
* MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING
( 1 2 3 all )
Hannibal88 19,152 40 07/05/13 05:22 PM
by RogerRabbit
* !?! Info on Advanced Pinning Techniques !?!
( 1 2 all )
Shroomasta 8,136 20 05/19/02 03:15 PM
by don_juan
* pan cyan pin probs? Raadt 4,062 17 03/28/03 11:39 AM
by Champion des Champignons
* Will azure pin easilly indoor? ThE_JafF 1,550 9 08/16/03 03:41 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Pinning Hormone?! lemunhed 1,534 15 07/24/03 05:09 PM
by Sev

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
1,849 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.