Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Air Stone, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Chair
Uncontrollable Temperatures And How To FIx It
    #704683 - 06/27/02 08:04 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so I live in probably one of the cooler places in the world, but for some reason I have been having a hell of a time with controlling my temperature in my fruiting chamber... NO it isnt too cold.. Its too hot.

I have been averaging 85F or above for like 2 days now and have finally managed to find a tedious but successfull way to drop temperature without introducing so much outside air that I raise my contamination possibility.

My setup is simple, I use a cool mist for air exhange and humidification, I also use a air stone and 2 air pumps, just to keep it all exacting. Lately it has been about 90 or so degrees outside, which isnt that bad, my problem is that Im in a corner room and the sun beats down on that corner of the house all day so this room gets kinda hot.

I didnt seem to be having problems with my fruits... they all were big, hearty and grew fast. In the past 2 days though I have noticed a change in the way my setup is working and now pins/immature fruits are getting all knarly with uneven thickness in various areas on the stem, worse off they are all laying down...... This is mainly evident on a PR casing.
My other casing are pinning but I noticed a darker colored tone to the immature pins/fruits... the caps seem darker, and even though they are growing they are moving very slow. It is evident to my semi-trained eye that something is wrong.

what I did is put ice cubes and a shit load of them in my humidifier. What I also did is dump a shit load of ice cubes into the resevoir under my fruiting chamber.. Temps now after 1 hr ago of adding ice have dropped from 85-87F to 80.2F.

Now I do understand this is tedious... I mean think about it ever 3 hours now or maybe less Im gonna have to have new ice cubes and Im going to have to dump more in.

Does anyone have a better idea? I saw these mini refrigerators on ebay and I was thinking of buying it... Its only 30 bux and there very small somewhere around 10 inches by 6 inches... These things are tiny.... I was thinking of ripping the door off the sucker.. and then attaching the mini refrigerator to the side of my fruiting chamber the open cold part facing inside my chamber flush with my chamber, ofcourse sealed well..,. I think it would help lower temps.... I know it sounds dumb as shit.... but what can I do?

Anyone Have any ideas? Experience dealing with too much heat?

Thanks
indi

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: indicaz]
    #704693 - 06/27/02 08:15 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

Re: Uncontrollable Temperatures And How To FIx It [Re: vatoloco]
    #704716 - 06/27/02 08:26 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

looks like im gonna have to buy an air conditioner.
and give the corrupt electric company more of my money.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offlinegroingrinder
mycophiliac

Re: Uncontrollable Temperatures And How To FIx It [Re: indicaz]
    #704887 - 06/27/02 09:34 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

looks like im gonna have to buy an air conditioner.
and give the corrupt electric company more of my money.
----------------------------------------------------
Since this portion of your house gets sunlight all daylong maybe you could find photovoltiac panels that would charge a deep cycle storage battery which would in turn feed one of those 12 volt refrigerators that truckers use. You could put your humidifier inside of it and cut out a hole for the hose to your terrarium setup and seal around it. That way your humidifier would blow cold air into your terrarium. I have seen these at wal mart that are big enough to put a kaz cool mist humidifier into. They also plug into 120 volts with the adapter.

--------------------
Let's not confuse truth with reality.

Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

Re: Uncontrollable Temperatures And How To FIx It [Re: groingrinder]
    #704910 - 06/27/02 09:49 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

your right the fridges are called cool keepers. They are tiny can fit just about a six pac..... I think that might work for me, or maybe a coleman electric cooler.

I was thinking the same idea. It should probably work

thanks!

indi

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Uncontrollable Temperatures And How To FIx It [Re: indicaz]
    #705131 - 06/27/02 11:13 AM (15 years, 4 months ago)

My parents have one of the cool keepers. Looks like a tiny fridge and holds a 6 pack. These things get VERY cold. Won't freeze the drink but damn close!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Air Pump, Air Stone, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation