Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCureKat
Stranger
Loc: Pacific NW
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: atomic1]
    #1948911 - 09/24/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Very clean and logical post. I think this one is my favorite. It seems like this system would be harsher though (although less likely to get contaminated); does/would it negatively impact the number of flushes you can get out of the mycelium?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: CureKat]
    #1950626 - 09/25/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

DUDE!

i still wana know what these flushed give out!!! good pinset or not?

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

OfflineHannibal88
Aryan Psychonaut
Loc: farfromvalhalla
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: CureKat]
    #1977008 - 10/03/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CureKat said:
Very clean and logical post. I think this one is my favorite. It seems like this system would be harsher though (although less likely to get contaminated); does/would it negatively impact the number of flushes you can get out of the mycelium?

Since I posted that, I've made some more observations. I've had more problems with contaminants than problems with pinning.

As a follow-up, I have had success with this system with about 10 pans. While the cycling hasn't always resulted in pinning one day later, the pinning *has* begun within three days.

I personally recommend buying the White Rabbit (www.triplehelixshroomery.com), so that you can control your temperature without removing pans. I'm planning on buying some of them soon, so I'll be posting more on this in a while.

OfflineHannibal88
Aryan Psychonaut
Loc: farfromvalhalla
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: PooPs]
    #1977022 - 10/03/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PooPs said:
how's the pinset on that?

do you get a nice even pinset? or just a few random pins?

i think weight wise.. the 2 weeks might be worth the while if you get double the yield per flush!

if you do get a good pinset tho... cudos!

Aside from a couple of contaminated pans, I generally get very good pinsets. My observation has been that the more mycelium there is on the surface, the more complete a flush you'll get. You obviously don't want overlay, but letting the pan sit at high temp for an extra day or so might help the mycelium grow in.

Basically, bottom line:
Everything pins at about the same time, but the size of the flush seems to depend on how well colonized the mycelium is. This makes sense, since it's the condensing of mycelium fibers that forms mushrooms, so the more mycelium, the more efficiently it's going to grow.

Invisiblew. murderface
7/7/07

Loc: mi
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: atomic1]
    #7145665 - 07/08/07 09:24 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

im defiantley gonna try that, but i was waiting on my first ever grow and i got anxious plus i saw some blue in the mix which i now know as bruising in the myc. but anyways i just flushed it before it ever pinned for only a half hour under the faucet and in lonly two days i started to see pins and my dads are still not pinned so idk if what i did was good or not but it definatley seems like it was a good thing ill see for my second flush and how much i get outta it. this is fricken awsome. Cheesey Frickenbit im out

--------------------
Eat right stay fit DIE anyways.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH - FASTER PINNING VIA TEMPERATURE CYCLING [Re: Hannibal88]
    #7145679 - 07/08/07 09:29 AM (16 years, 8 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Please don't bump four year old failed threads. Sometimes, cubes pin in spite of what we do, rather than because of it. Follow proper procedures and you'll have success. Cubes are NOT a cold weather species that benefit from temp cycling. They fruit in the wild in spring-summer-fall, therefore temp cycling is irrelevant. Provide the proper humidity and air exchange and they'll fruit, even if you colonize at temps in the 60's and fruit at temps in the 90's. That's a fact.
RR

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies