Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Loc: usa
to dream of snakes...
    #7019485 - 06/07/07 02:10 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Ok I had two dreams last night that had a snake in them. The first one was just someone saying they seen a snake and I saw a picture of a snake. Then the second dream there was a large snake who was talking and drinking with me. And then it shed it's skin. Does anyone know what these dreams may imply. Or if they imply anything at all??

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

If we lived in luxury we would grow soft.

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: to dream of snakes... [Re: fantasylndvictm]
    #7020524 - 06/07/07 07:30 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Mabye it was a message about humans needing to 'shed their SKIN' too.

--------------------

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Re: to dream of snakes... [Re: backfromthedead]
    #7020544 - 06/07/07 07:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

That could be possible. I think it possibly could be a sign that maybe it could be a sign that somebody in my life that was once not a good person has changed. IDK I looked it up and it said its a sign of there being someone to trustworthy in ur life. Stuff along those lines. It didn't say anything about alcoholic snakes shedding their skin though lol

--------------------
"How do we know whether the life of any creature has fulfilled its destiny? I have known the very old to die in bitterness and despair. I have seen young children die before their time but leave behind such a legacy of love and joy that grief for their passing was tempered by the knowledge that their brief lives had given much to others."
"You have answered your own question,Tanis Half-Elven, far better than I could," the Forestmaster said gravely. "Say that that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving." -Dragonlance "Dragons of Autumn Twilight"

No human being truely knows their full capacity to love until they become a parent.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7020572 - 06/07/07 07:44 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I don't believe in this dream interpretation, such as if you dream a tree it means that and so on.
It must be judged on the context. For instance, if you recall talking to somebody about snakes, seeing one (in reality or TV soon before your dream), then it's pretty clear why you had that dream.
Again, what counts in a dream is the feeling it gives you. i.e. one can dream about a snake and feel rejection, fear or disgust or one can dream about a snake and have a friendly attitude towards it.
And since the feelings differ so much regarding the same dream character (for example), how can it have the same meaning?

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male

Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: to dream of snakes... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7020649 - 06/07/07 08:13 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Re: to dream of snakes... [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7020757 - 06/07/07 08:40 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

True enough. I can agree with that. But I had nothing to do with snakes happen to me before I went to sleep. So I dont know why I had a dream about a snake. I liked the snake though. He could drink alot lol and I wasnt afraid of him. I like snakes really. They dont scare me in real life so I wouldnt expect them to in a dream. Except if the snake is just roaming around. I wouldnt want to had a snake slithering around in my bed while I'm sleeping ya know lol

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7020815 - 06/07/07 08:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like you met a snake man aka a person from this world that met you in the dream world. you really have to look into the feelings of everything, this guy was probally trying to give you a deep life message specially since this dream envoked you coming hear asking for guidance. few meanings of snake are
Messanger of the Rainbow Serpent, Elusiveness, Manipulates lightning ,Transmutation ,Exploration of the mysteries of life ,Primitive or elemental energy, Protection from religious persecution. Goddess energy ,psychic energy, creative power, Immortality, Connection to or forms the magic cord by which the shaman travels to the soul world. but it sounds like you met my friend tho shes a serpent lady and drinks alot. any who whats wrong with having a snake in your bed, as long as you dont piss it off they just might want to cuddle and get some love lol it aint easy being a snake these days. you gotta love your animal brothers and i dont mean beastiality

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#7020872 - 06/07/07 09:07 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

It is very important to remember your dreams, and write them down,
because it leads to Lucid Dreaming, which is the key to surviving Death.

But theorizing on the "meaning" of Dreams counteracts their purpose and reduces their effectiveness.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: to dream of snakes... [Re: Middleman]
    #7020950 - 06/07/07 09:23 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

i wouldnt say surviving death is that great man. im waiting for my death and it just wont come. i just want to rest even if i just can have a day of not being alive that would be nice but im certain after this body expires i just get a fresh one...

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: to dream of snakes... [Re: thedudenj]
    #7021011 - 06/07/07 09:34 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

the point is to not have to come back...

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7021018 - 06/07/07 09:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yeah i know but some people forgo that so that others can achieve that

--------------------

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

#7021065 - 06/07/07 09:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

I respect & love my animal brothers. I wouldnt want a snake in my bed because I move around alot and would definetly piss it off lol.
I didnt realize all these different meanings. Well I never thought of someone coming into my dreams. If they gave me a message I dont think I got it. All they really did was say they need more alcohol so itd be easier to shed their skin lol. They said some other stuff but I couldnt remember it and we laughed alot :smile:.
Ur friends a serpent lady? does she travel into peoples dreams often? :smile: Well if it was her she was pretty cool. I've been looking into Shamanism. I find it quite interesting.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#7021142 - 06/07/07 10:12 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

you would be supirsed i move in my sleep and i woke up with my friends kitten under me when i slept on my belly. i was certain that thing should of been crushed in my moving around but no it was just over joyed to have been able to sleep there.

my friend yeah she does more then she even knows she does drugs so she doesnt have to rememeber all shit she does. her dreams shes in other poeoples bodies and experainces them dieing alot of time, i dont blame her for wanting to block it out the other night she got shot 3 times and felt the full pain of it. when i was under 6 years old i got to felt the pain of having all your skin melted off i fell into the sun and became a skelton that wouldnt melt just skin and muscle and everything melting off it was intensely painful. on this plane of existance i still havent felt anything that painful.

anywho im assuming that was about letting go of something in your life maybe and attitude,ideal or misperception or mearly a wake up call calling you to be aware

the time for the world to wake up draws near strange shit happening will increase and increase till that point.

--------------------

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

#7021170 - 06/07/07 10:19 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

yea I think I am comming to some turning point in my life. I'm sort of at a cross roads i would say.

--------------------

Offlinealarmist
fade like a sigh
Loc: canada
    #7021698 - 06/08/07 01:43 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

interesting timing of thread
i was actually bit by a snake the other night while trying to save my cat (who is deceased) from the snake

--------------------
there's no love in fear

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #7022048 - 06/08/07 06:54 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

That a strange synchronicity...

I also had a vivid dream of a snake last night.

It was me and my father who I haven't seen for years and we were holding this strange black snake - at points the snake was freaking me out, at other points I was holding it.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #7022941 - 06/08/07 01:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Yes. I had a series of dreams in which I conversed with a huge snake who called itself Python. I was undergoing Jungian analysis at the time, and I decided to continue dialogue with Python using the procedure called Active Imagination. If you are interested in the process, which begins in a way that makes you feel self-conscious initially, but then shifts into a very altered state wherein you no longer feel that you are 'playing the other character,' then get a copy of the book Encounters with the Soul: Active Imagination as Developed by C.G. Jung by the late great Jungian analyst, Barbara Hannah.

For anyone to give you an 'analysis' of your dream, the waking situation of your life must be known in detail. Otherwise general symbolic meanings for the images would just be laid over your own dream. These symbolic meanings, called amplifications, can be offered by the analyst, but only the analysand knows which one is the correct one. Books like 10,000 Dreams Interpreted are useless and deceptive. Dream images have different valences depending upon the life-situation of the dreamer. I would say that you've had a 'Big Dream,' one that is calling your attention to a Complex in your unconscious using archetypal images. I suggest that you begin to write this dream down, and follow up with any additional sequences. If you wish to contact your serpent again outside of the dream-process using Active Imagination, check out the book.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
Loc: Earth
    #7022954 - 06/08/07 01:51 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

How do you know that lucid dreaming has any correlation to death?

In my opinon, the only thing that really dies is my body. My soul will continue to exist forever whether I master lucid dreaming or not.
I feel that we all survive death because death is an illusion. Its meaning is taken to literal.

I also think that whether or not I reincarnate back on Earth has way more to do with how I lived and the lessons I learned in waking life and not how many lucid dreams I had.

--------------------
"It's not until we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything." TDFC

Edited by postanaldrip (06/08/07 01:56 PM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: to dream of snakes... [Re: postanaldrip]
    #7022967 - 06/08/07 01:56 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

gald some one understands death abit more then most people here

--------------------

Offlinefantasylndvictm
yup
Female User Gallery

Re: to dream of snakes... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #7024427 - 06/08/07 09:47 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

What is Jungian analysis? I've been trying to keep a dream journal but I'm not to faithful in writing in it, when I write down some of my they just seem so ridiculous my dreams are off the wall and dont make much sense. I remember my dreams fairly easily.

I have actually used the book 10,000 Dreams Interpreted, I found alot of things even contradicted other things in the book. What is a 'Big Dream'? Now that I think about more past dreams, I have had dreams about snakes before, but a long long time ago. I think I'll have to look into this book.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order