Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Fruit discoloration?
    #7013591 -

My fruits appear to be turning a bit brownish on the stems, some of the smaller ones are actually quite dark (as seen in the lower part of the first picture).. is this something to be worried about? Humidity does fluctuate quite a bit depending on how often I mist, and it has been a bit low lately, but I wouldn't think it could cause the dark discoloration small pin.





Edit: Now I'm nearly sure it was a humidity problem. The section on the big fruit in the top image that is discolored was sort of where growth on that shroom stopped.. and when I started misting a bit more frequently it started growing again, and the stem above that point is a bit thicker and white as snow. I also plucked the tiny majorly discolored one and it felt pretty dry to the touch. I'm going to leave this up just in case I'm wrong though, and it's always nice to have more opinions :smile:

Edited by Malawar (06/05/07 09:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: Malashroom]
    #7013639 -

seems like a humidity and fae problem since they are skinny and tall whats your humidity?


--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #7013662 -

i dont think you have anything to worry bout but you might be dissapointed with your yields these babies really shrink when dried


--------------------
why do we park in driveways?and drive in parkways?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: dirtracer24]
    #7013681 -

could possibly be verticillium

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: Malashroom]
    #7013691 -

This tray is near the end of it's life anyway, was my first run, and has been fruiting at random for about a month, never really had an actual flush. I'm just letting it run until I can get its replacements ready :smile:
So this is basically my learning experience. And this color was something new, so I had to ask :P.

FAE is high but humidity was kind of low (I can't measure it accurately since my cheap hygrometer seems to be broken), I had been lax on misting for a couple days so lack of moisture is still my top guess.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: jeetered]
    #7013695 -

naw i dont think so the pic for verticllium looks way diffrent,and his casing layer looks dry as hell,tall and skinny is a for sure sign of not enough fae ime


--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #7013824 -

There's plenty of FAE, so much that the humidity is suffering :/
The strain is Lipa Yai, which apparently tends toward growing tall and skinny compared to other strains.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: Malashroom]
    #7019513 -

The bigger fruit grew a bit more, the cap opened slightly.. and then the base of the stem on one side turned dark, dark brown.

:frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: Malashroom]
    #7019523 -

It looks like its leaning on something? Maybe its just the stress of the top pulling it over thats causes the discoloration?


--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fruit discoloration? [Re: Malashroom]
    #7019551 -

The two pictures in the original post are two different fruits. The one in the top is the one I was just talking about and I plucked it out cuz it does seem like it might be afflicted with verticillium and the fruits around it are still doing ok, so I wanna try and keep it from spreading too much. I did have a couple flies frolicking in my FC last week so vert is seeming more and more likely, though it doesn't seem like a major case yet. In any case I'm going to drown my FC in bleach and bake all my perlite before I use the FC again after this tray :/

I still need to get one more print out of this tray before I can toss it but at this rate it looks like I'm going to be printing a 1/4" cap :/

Edit: it also seems that general consensus is that a fruit cannot be rendered inedible by any contam unless you let it rot, in which case you'll probably get food poisoning.. I just want to double check on this. A dark brown spot on a growing stem can't be anything other than damage or verticillium, can it? :confused:

Edited by Malashroom (06/07/07 02:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Black discoloration? Katrina 1,415 5 11/17/04 10:33 AM
by Katrina
* White film/fuzz on caps? (pics) archivist 11,672 6 03/27/19 01:35 AM
by Voodoojuju
* Verticillium? The Bellows 5,709 14 09/20/09 08:19 AM
by The Bellows
* Verticillium, should I clean now? cinemaphonic 998 0 01/02/12 12:16 AM
by cinemaphonic
* black discoloration in top of stems on matured fruits... fourHoDmt 872 2 12/19/03 04:32 PM
by angryshroom
* discoloration of cakes Mourningdove 1,244 2 03/22/06 11:33 AM
by Sinthetic
* Picked some fruits, mycelium blues, blueing up stems of remaining fruits??? pics GnuBobo 1,235 5 05/02/05 11:23 PM
by JazzMatazz
* Discoloration on cake and perlite. Ghosty 2,219 14 08/11/03 11:34 AM
by GestaltAssault

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,835 topic views. 13 members, 48 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.