Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Picked some fruits, mycelium blues, blueing up stems of remaining fruits??? pics
    #4125805 - 05/03/05 12:36 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Is this normal?  Harvested the mutant from the other thread.  Then, within a minute, the stems of these unpicked fruits blued up like a smurf's buttocks! 

Is this indicative of anything (e.g. potency loss, environmental conditions, not enough moisture, etc.) or does it just happen?  Never seen this before. 

Thanks!  :grin:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Picked some fruits, mycelium blues, blueing up stems of remaining fruits??? pics [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4125885 - 05/03/05 12:51 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

no, its not normal. Id say they are aborting. How often do you mist, and do you mist so heavily, that you really wet the pins? If so, this might be the problem.
But, then again to quote Roadkill: "I mist the shit out of mine, and never get aborts"

But blue means aborting, so in any case harvest tonight, if they havent grown by then.(Or next morning depending on where you live)

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: Picked some fruits, mycelium blues, blueing up stems of remaining fruits??? pics [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #4125923 - 05/03/05 01:01 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Mmmm... this doesn't jive with what I've observed.  I've seen blueing mycelial substrate recover and form hyphal knots over top of the blueing.  And also the blueing on stems of a given (growing) fruit go away. 

Aborts tend to have discoloration all through to their heads/caps.  This isn't like that--it's like "sympathetic blueing" due to injury (picking) from the shared mycelial network.

edit: clarification :laugh:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Edited by GnuBobo (05/03/05 01:03 AM)

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: Picked some fruits, mycelium blues, blueing up stems of remaining fruits??? pics [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4125951 - 05/03/05 01:10 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i say let em grow. if the caps start to get that blackish-aborty look then pick em, but otherwise i say toss back another :beer: and dont sweat it.

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4125954 - 05/03/05 01:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have only when I picked a few fruits and left the casing out for a few minutes. Depending on how dry the air in your house is, 10-30 minutes sitting out is enough. Or maybe just if you left the chamber open and the humidity dropped to room humidity...something like that....if its not related to misting. Either way, bluing is not indicative of aborting...though aborts do blue.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
    #4125993 - 05/03/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

it's like "sympathetic blueing" due to injury (picking) from the shared mycelial network.

thanks for the info, thats really interessting!
I wasnt saying pick immediatley, but if they havent grown in 12 hours , then it would be safe to say he can pick.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation