Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
need info on length of time alkaloids stay in your system
    #6945040 - 05/20/07 11:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I can't seem to find any info on this, but I need to know how long salvinorin-A and psilocin/psilocybin stay in the system. The reason for this is my wife, who is breastfeeding, would like to have experiences with these two substances, but doesn't want to expose our daughter to them.

Now, please understand, my daughter, who is almost two, doesn't breastfeed more than three or four times a day. She eats solid food and only breastfeeds when sleeping/tired or upset as a comfort. What I'm trying to get across is that this isn't her only source of nutrition, so it's not like she couldn't go a day without breastfeeding, as she has done when staying with our parents at different times.

My wife doesn't want to smoke weed because it stays in the system for a very long time, stored in the fat cells in your body. We're wanting to know how long the above mentioned alkaloids stay in the body, and whether or not there is sufficient evidence available as to their metabolic rates and whether or not they are fat soluble. Seems that salvinorin-a may be fat soluble, as it comes from plants and to make extracts you need to separate it from the fats in the plant. Of course, this may not be the case, but I'm just trying to get more info.

On the other hand, I don't believe fungus contains any fat, so I'd imagine the psilocin/psilocybin is not fat soluble, but would like to know if anyone has this info for sure.

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: need info on length of time alkaloids stay in your system [Re: PinheadX]
    #6945088 - 05/20/07 11:25 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

not a good idea to breastfeed for quite a while after you take mushrooms, or any other kind of drug for that matter. Even with the quick half life in alcohol I would be cautious. Stay away from that one man, trip when your kids off to college :wink:

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Re: need info on length of time alkaloids stay in your system [Re: ManianFH]
    #6959476 - 05/23/07 11:08 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

fuck that... I'm not waiting 18 years give or take. Spending the weekend with the grandparents is long enough for them to be away for mom and dad to enjoy a bit of chemical stimulation.

There are heavy prescription drugs that are okay to ingest WHILE breastfeeding, as in during the actual sucking out of milk. Using drugs that don't stick around in the system, or that are not passed in the breast milk is fine as long as the substance is metabolized fully. Also, the frequency and duration of nursing has a large part to play here.

see here:
http://www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding/disease/drugs.htm
and here:
http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBMarApr00p55.html

I'm not going to get into a huge debate about this, as I am WELL aware of what is and is not safe (wife is a huge breastfeeding advocate). I'm just looking for specific info regarding these two substances, so as to either rule them out completely, which I don't think is absolutely necessary, or to have a temporal "safe zone" with which to plan usage around (like a weekend stay at the grandparents).

Oh, and alcohol is "safe" to drink while breastfeeding as long as it's in moderation, and the mother doesn't feel the effects while actually nursing the child. They recommend a glass of beer or wine to stimulate the production of milk, because of the brewers yeast contained in them. I'm not saying alcohol itself is a good thing, but it's not as bad as you seem to think.

I appreciate your overall concern about the effects of drugs on a nursing child, but to just say "stay away" is not exactly scientific or even remotely informative. I'm not at all trying to be a jerk about it, but to just paint it with a broad brush is reminiscent of DARE propaganda.

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: need info on length of time alkaloids stay in your system [Re: PinheadX]
    #6959622 - 05/23/07 11:48 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

hey man your life, your kids.

im definately not a dare advocate or any of that shit, and give you credit for at least asking about such an obscure ethical issue, but nonetheless man... personally theres no way in hell i would do that shit if it could (even remotely) have an adverse impact on my child's well-being or mental stability.

Edited by mickdawg666 (05/23/07 11:49 PM)

Invisibleadrug

Re: need info on length of time alkaloids stay in your system [Re: ManianFH]
    #6962428 - 05/24/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I highly doubt that whatever salvia alkaloids might be left over in breast milk will have any affect on a breastfed baby.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: need info on length of time alkaloids stay in your system [Re: adrug]
    #6964242 - 05/25/07 01:21 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know anything for a fact, but I'm willing to guess that no one's ever done a study of whether or not salvinorin shows up in breast milk. It's a pretty under-studied substance, unfortunately.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract