Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&*
    #3644349 - 01/18/05 06:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I just recently learned that in order to transfer from my community college to "real" college, I'm probably going to have to take another 2 years just to fulfill the math requirement.  I can't wait another 2 years.  Part of the problem is that I started learning math in French all the way until high school, and I wasn't so great at it then.  I just barely squeaked by with a passing grade in high school.

Basically I'm going to have to go back 10 years and start learning hand-written arithmetic if I want to transfer to a conventional college the way the system is set up.  I fucking hate (advanced) math.  I'm so bad at it, it is worse than death. (I'm actually only half-kidding about that last statement)  I'm pretty good at almost everything except mathematics, and I don't plan on majoring in a field that will require mathematics beyond what I can accomplish with a calculator.

I'm so fucking pissed off right now I can't even see straight.  I actually entertained the thought of buying a gun for a moment. 

FUCK MATH  :thumbdown: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :thumbdown:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3644376 - 01/18/05 06:49 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I dropped out of high school, and I'm pretty happy with the decision.

If I ever go back to school, I'm only taking classes that I want to. Fuck brainwash.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: Adamist]
    #3645183 - 01/18/05 09:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

That sucks, but anyone can get through college algebra if they try. I know it's a bitch, but just work at it.

Upper division mathematics on the other hand, I would stay far away from that unless it comes naturally for ya, heh.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: Holydiver]
    #3646264 - 01/19/05 12:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

you should have quit highschool. even the founder of the educational system of the United States said that the system was being constructed for the lack of discipline that the mothers and fathers of the students did not have. in my opinion...it's a factory. it takes 13 years to completely break a child's will into molding him or her into a perfect specimen for the slave wage economy. you will stare at the clock all through school waiting for the bell to ring so the teacher can dismiss you, and you'll be doing the same thing 10 years later at your job.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: trick]
    #3648189 - 01/19/05 02:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trick said:
you should have quit highschool. even the founder of the educational system of the United States said that the system was being constructed for the lack of discipline that the mothers and fathers of the students did not have. in my opinion...it's a factory. it takes 13 years to completely break a child's will into molding him or her into a perfect specimen for the slave wage economy. you will stare at the clock all through school waiting for the bell to ring so the teacher can dismiss you, and you'll be doing the same thing 10 years later at your job.

It's a factory?  More like, you'll be lucky to be sweeping floors at a factory if you drop out of high school.  What is all this talk about mind control and the education system and dropping out?  I don't understand where this mentality comes from, but...

This is how I look at college:  I am me, nothing is going to change my values or my personality.  I need to complete my degree to have a good shot at being competetive in a decent career field.  This is an opportunity to improve my life.

Education is a means of planning ahead so you don't spend your life living paycheck to paycheck.  Ever seen someone supporting a family living paycheck to paycheck?  It's really ugly.  They'd kill for the opportunity to do it all over again so they didn't end up in that rut.  And if they don't feel any remorse about their shitty situation...well then they can be comfortable with their chosen lifestyle (or lack of).

Feel sorry for you guys that think dropping out (especially high school :shocked:) is the way to go - you have a rude awakening coming one day.

--------------------

Edited by HolyDiver (01/19/05 03:02 PM)

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: Holydiver]
    #3648606 - 01/19/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HolyDiver said:
I am me, nothing is going to change my values or my personality unless I let them.

Fixed.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: YidakiMan]
    #3648730 - 01/19/05 04:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

YidakiMan said:
Fixed.

Uhhhh :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: trick]
    #3650957 - 01/20/05 12:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trick said:
it takes 13 years to completely break a child's will into molding him or her into a perfect specimen for the slave wage economy. you will stare at the clock all through school waiting for the bell to ring so the teacher can dismiss you, and you'll be doing the same thing 10 years later at your job.

thats a rather sad and bleak perspective. some actually enjoy class and learning you do realize.

Offlinerelativexistance
 User Gallery

Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: Land_Crab]
    #3650967 - 01/20/05 12:22 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yo know if you study hard enough the college that you are attending may have a placement exam that you could pass and fulfill your math requirements. i think that is something you should take a look into.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: relativexistance]
    #3651118 - 01/20/05 12:54 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have to agree with Trick a little bit. Some people can get what they need in life out of school but some can not. School only offers to specific people. What about subjects that do not relate in school. What if you want to make a living to be a pro skater or some extreme sport. But wait you don't have the time to make your dream. That MATH is in the way...

Offlinerelativexistance
 User Gallery

Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3651199 - 01/20/05 01:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well I agree with the fact that for some that school isn't their thing and they choose a different path however I disagree with the idea that it just prepares people to be "slaves" because I feel there is endless freedom in knowledge and that is what school can provide; and slavery I view as the lack of freedom. Well in the sense that you gain knowledge and from that knowledge you can gain even further knowledge down the line. This isnt to say that you cant gain such knowledge without it though because I believe you can, its just that people are all different and operate accordingly so.

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: Math, school, and the system. !@#$%^&* [Re: relativexistance]
    #5416950 - 03/18/06 09:36 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

O schools are most definately a propaganda machine. And a LOT of what you learn in school is worthless as well. But as long as you realize that there is plenty to learn outside of school, and as long as you can recognize government bullshit, you should stay in school. Theres alot of valuable knowledge there as well. Even if it IS all worthless though, you should put up with it, just for the credit, so you can get a decent job. Sometimes you just gotta go with the system, at least a bit.

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being