Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
middle class mediocrity
    #6948873 -

I spend alot of time people watching in the bar, I suppose it has drastically changed my outlook on life. It occurred to me the other night, that the people that come into the bar are all middle class, everyone of them. And in being middle class, they will all experience the same middle class experiences and do the same middle class things, and despite personal differences generally live the same kind of mundane life. They will all go to work at some shitty minimum to slightly above, minimum wage jobs, come home to their tv's and watch prime time, and go to the bar friday night for a "wild" time. They will never exceed that. Some however will fall below that, and I realized how stupidly easy it is to fall out of the middle class mediocrity as I watch several of my patrons blow lines in the bathroom, and I think it would be really easy to drop out and become an addict and experience something other then that middle class humdrum, not that I would, but I imagine that many people do, and those people feel something else, they experience something else, which in some way might be experiencing more in life.

I also realized that its near impossible to rise above the middle class, these people will never get ahead, they'll never reach that elite lifestyle, I suspect their children won't either and it will be the perpetual rebirth of the middle class.....


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6948888 -

You keep referring to the middle class as "they". Do you not consider yourself middle class?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: adrug]
    #6948914 -

I don't go to bars.I'm not paying 3-5 dollars a beer.Then driving home, and most people at bars are not the best people to be around.


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Brainiac]
    #6948924 -

Yeah I don't understand how suburban bars are even legal. It's illegal to drink and drive yet you have to drive everywhere in suburbia. It's quite the crock of shit really. And ganja is still illegal.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: adrug]
    #6948931 -

Oh yeah, I know I'm middle class, which is partly why I'm on about this, its slightly depressing. I think I'm just using the term "they" because as I type I'm picturing the people that come into the bar, not to mention I don't really do "typical" things, like watch tv or go to the bar....


--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6948932 -

What's this elite lifestyle you speak of?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6948951 -

Gillette said:
Oh yeah, I know I'm middle class, which is partly why I'm on about this, its slightly depressing. I think I'm just using the term "they" because as I type I'm picturing the people that come into the bar, not to mention I don't really do "typical" things, like watch tv or go to the bar....



I imagine the upper class people's lives can be just as mundane and boring as the middle class or the lower class, although probably in different ways. Class status doesn't equal happiness or fulfillment. There are plenty of people who are thrown into that middle class or lower class category who are content. I don't strive for upper class. Fuck those people. I've been around them, and not only are they no better than the rest of us, they're usually worse.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: adrug]
    #6949329 -

I don't think that mediocrity is confined to the middle class.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6949450 -

Fuck, its all routine, people stick themselves in a routine thats comfortable and leaves no room for excitement.

If people changed their monotony of life by doing something different, go camping, go fishing, go golfing, play tennis. It doesnt matter just change the monotony of life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6949452 -

I wouldn't mind being middle class when I am on my own.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Tangerines]
    #6949464 -

I wish I could make it into the middle class.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6949501 -

There are many ways to get rich. But you wont if every time you get a pay check you spend it at the bar. Wealthy people are to busy to go to the local bars. They own restaurants, buy wine by the case and have social parties.

When i was 21/22/23 i was at the bars all the time, cuz i thought it was new and fun. But now i hate them. The only time i like going out is with my friends. I used to just go because any where was better then home. But now my thinking has changed.

it's about forming good habits and discipline


These are poems circulating throughout the nation
Everybody's bad and everybody's tough
But how many people are intelligent enough
To open up their eyes and see through the lies
Discipline themselves, yourself to stay alive?
Not many
That's why the universe sent me today on this stage
With this to say
The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer
And in the final hour many heads will lose power
What does the rich versus the poor really mean?
Psychologically it means you got to pick your team
When someone says the rich gets richer
Visualize wealth and put yourselves in the picture
The rich get richer, cause they want to rich
The poor get poorer, cause their mind can't switch from the ghetto
Let go, it's not a novelty
You could love your neighborhood without loving poverty
Follow me, every mother, father, son, daughter
There's no reason to fear the New World Order
We must order the whole new world to pay us
The New World Order and the old state chaos
The Big Brother watching over you, is a lie you see
Hip-Hop can build it's own secret society
But first you and I got to unify
Stop the negativity and control our creativity
The rich is getting richer, so why we ain't richer?
Could it be we still thinking like niggas?
Educate yourselves, make your world view bigger
Visualize wealth and put yourselves in the picture!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6949507 -

All the rich people here voted for Bush.  Do you really wanna be like that? :ameridillo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6949573 -

I'm a middle class son coming from a middle class family.

I crave nothing more than to be financially secure. I don't crave to be rich...although I sure as hell wouldn't mind it. :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6949593 -

All the fooled people voted for Bush, but yes, rich pushes you further that way.

Mediocrity can describe anyone, Paris Hilton is less than mediocre because she doesn't do shit. If you move up, take risks, I don't see you as mediocre because you want to advance yourself. Middle class hoping to be middle class though and not trying is mediocre. Effort is the key, put some effort into life it pays dividends later.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: trepanib]
    #6949600 -

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6949782 -

You're classifying people by the amount of money they have rather than their character.

i don't blame you, i do the same sometimes. We've been raised in a society built on money. Unless we have a big house, fast car and a beautiful family... we're failures. I still feel that to this day even though i try to convince myself otherwise.

As I come of age I am realizing that it's not what everyone else is doing... what am I doing? this is my life. This is my 90 years on this planet. So fuck it if I'm "middle class". I go to the bars and I have a good time. I work a shitty job because unfortunately the things I like cost money.

But everyone forgets how fortunate they really are. What if you were paralyzed? blind? All of a sudden middle class sounds fucking grand.

You can view everything around you as being shitty and useless, or you can just accept that you were born into this time and it's not your fault that money makes the world go round, what brad pitt does in his spare time is more important that third world countries (well in the media at least), global warming is on the rise, people get addicted to drugs, being a virgin is something to be ashamed about, china supports the world, (made in china... eh?), america is invading and killing iraq, and the cost of fuel is constantly rising due to a monopolizing motherfucking oil company gangfuck AND The most powerful country in the world is being led by the most powerful idiot.

what's the morale point of this thread again?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: adamj]
    #6949791 -

I get snoty sometimes.  But it's only because i care.:):snub:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: middle class mediocrity [Re: Gillette]
    #6950107 -

Generalization is stupid, and so is that post

Life is what you make of it, you can be middle class and still do wild shit


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* wuts your class?
( 1 2 3 all )
keeponsmoking 3,662 41 05/17/04 06:50 PM
by Anonymous
* Advice Needed: Taking Shrooms Before Art Class
( 1 2 all )
SaintR 3,326 23 03/02/18 11:23 AM
by basqueshaman
* LIBERATE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!
( 1 2 3 all )
BrAiN 3,700 48 01/04/05 07:07 PM
by trendal
* Plead to Women who care to listen...Respect yourselves
( 1 2 3 all )
orizon 10,230 44 01/18/09 01:16 PM
by 4ohdmt
* Show yourselves
( 1 2 3 all )
Ripple 1,608 45 03/19/04 07:03 PM
by shriek
* Can you please post pics of yourselves?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
SoulSurfer 7,338 87 10/26/04 12:08 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* A class A excuse is needed.... Chazzersize 994 9 08/20/04 08:38 PM
by Chazzersize
* taking arabic class downforpot 941 11 11/28/04 08:55 AM
by butterflydawn

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,914 topic views. 3 members, 12 guests and 162 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.