Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Anybody have experience with PF tek?
    #68882 - 12/18/99 07:39 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

If I were you I would go with the Magic Mushroom Growers Guide Tek. That is what I have been using since I started. I it also easy like the PF Tek but I know it works good. I have had no problems with it. The PF Tek has alot of things in it that are not that important and don't really have to be done to be successful.

------------------
Why is it that we kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#68884 - 12/18/99 08:40 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I have found it to be extremely easy. Although I have heard the MMGG tek to be easier, in reading the documentsI found it to be easy either way. Which ever makes more sense to you.

------------------
Peace
Blue

Anonymous

#68885 - 12/18/99 09:15 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I followed the MMGG- it's so similar to the PF tek that you can use either and get almost identical results.

You can get substantially bigger yields casing, but my advice to any 1st-time grower is to go with straight cakes, because it's so simple and allows you to spend your time watching the mushrooms grow, learning what they need environmentally and how they react to changes, instead of spending your time tending a more elaborate growing tek. The simpler the method, the more easily you can "get to know" your shrooms, if you will.

Second time, definitely go with casing, though!

My personal experience: Started 12 1/2 pint jars, cracked two during sterilization. Of the 10 surviving, 3 were contaminated and 2 suffered from some unknown malaise, leaving 5 to fruit in my 10 gal. aquarium with perlite on the bottom and saran wrap to seal the top. I aired them out once or twice a day, but otherwise did nothing except walk in each evening and pull a handful of shrooms off the cakes.

Total yield from 5 cakes over the course of 5 weeks (spores to shrooms): 27 grams dried.
Temp. 68-72 F.

Very very rewarding, in a number of ways.

Best of luck!

GT

[This message has been edited by GorgeousTortoise (edited December 18, 1999).]

Anonymous

#68886 - 12/18/99 09:35 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks you guys, i'll check out the MMGG tek as well.

GorgeousTortoise, how well did the five cakes fit into the ten gallon aquarium? How much room was left and how many more cakes do you think could have fit?

Anonymous

#68887 - 12/18/99 01:26 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't put any more than five in a 10 gal. Four would be a better idea. For one, the fewer in there, the more oxygen and thus less you have to air it out. Secondly, in terms of space, I got away with five cakes only because they were all staggered in their fruiting, which is to say that at no one time were they all fruiting. If they were, they would never have fit. At most three were fruiting at a time, while the other two were between flushes.

If you were careful with this type of "staggering", you could probably get away with 6 cakes in a 10 gallon.

Which brings up a question I've had about casing... which I'll put in a new post.

GT

OfflineTriGuy
Skeptic

Loc: Georgia
    #68888 - 12/18/99 01:41 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Techno Trancer: try this: http://www.shroomery.org/findorgrowthem.asp?View=docs&doc=36 with the additional first step of starting some liquid mycelium growth medium to get a fast start.

Anonymous

#68889 - 12/19/99 01:25 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the info GT and i'll check out your link TriGuy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck