Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Internodal space quest.
    #688258 - 06/19/02 02:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

what would be a small and large internodal space?? thanks

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Re: Internodal space quest. [Re: cantankerous]
    #688311 - 06/19/02 02:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

forget that earlier question... here is my friends setup. he has about 5 weed plants set up against a window that recieves the morning sun( desert sun). he is using 10inch pots as the biggest pots available. no artificial lights. soil from ace hardware with some kinda pellets in it to provide long term fertilization. his plants are about 2 weeks old and about 7 inches high with three groupings of leaves so far( not counting the ones on the very bottom). he has no way to buy lights or do anything like that. he figures that when it comes time for flowering he can get the morning sun and then stick em on the other side of the apt. to get the afternoon sun. any suggestions for this setup. any idea of the yeild? Please any advice at all...thanks

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

Invisiblelowrider
ridin high
    #692672 - 06/21/02 03:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Depends on how large he's going to grow them. Also the intensity of sunlight plays a big factor. Without enough strong sunlight, you won't get much bud. Make sure he puts them on a timer when flowering. 12 light/ 12 dark. And dark needs to be COMPLETE dark.

Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Re: Internodal space quest. [Re: lowrider]
    #692795 - 06/21/02 04:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

maybe i wasnt clear...he is using sunlight only, the window. he will be giving them twice as much time in the sun when it comes time to flower. i almost think its good not being outside since temps. are in the 100s + every day. so with the intensity of the sun ( never rains in a desert) even inside the window i would think that should be good for decent buds. the plant has grown to about 10 or so inches ( guesstimate, with about three sets of leaves) in about 3 weeks and the whole rest of the summer is ahead.

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

#692798 - 06/21/02 04:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i.e. he cant put the sun on a timer, he can though put up a sheet or something when inducing flowering if need be.

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#699124 - 06/24/02 10:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Internodal spacing is the space between the petioles or the leaf stems. If you have them in the window then the morning sun would be the best. You want the plants to be in the sun for as long as possible during the vegetative stage of growth. Once the plants are about a foot tall you should induce flowering by cutting down their light to 12 hours a day. The photoperiod or amount of time that a plant is exposed to light shouldn't vary much from day to day or the plant will be stressed. Also make sure to keep the plant in total darkness during the dark cycle in flowering. The plant needs 12 hours of UNINTERRUPTED darkness to flower properly. I don't know how bright your window is or what your knowledge of growing is but you can expect anywhere from a half ounce to an ounce and a half for a 2.5 ft plant.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Re: Internodal space quest. [Re: Dankman]
    #699640 - 06/25/02 06:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

thanks, the part i am really concerned about is the "12 hours of uniterupted darkness" it will be hard to achieve a space for that to happen and with only using natural sunlight. oh well it will be figured out.

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

#700113 - 06/25/02 11:59 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Just put the plant in the closet or make a frame and cover it with black trash bags to place over your plant if you don't have room in your closet. If the plants get stressed they have a higher tendency to become worthless males.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Re: Internodal space quest. [Re: Dankman]
    #700259 - 06/25/02 12:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i have read that if your using natural light then a small amount of light hitting the plant during darkness wont matter nearly as much ( mel frank book). i thought about just keeping the plant on the floor in the bedroom, it is pretty dark in there and i dont turn on the lights with a piece of cardboard in between it and the rest of the room, then put it back in its regular spot but for less time to achieve flowering. i just want to grow a little bit o'bud!

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

OfflineMistyMystic
Birdbrain
Male
    #15973058 - 03/20/12 08:34 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

i dont know for sure, but i have always felt that window is not nearly enough. not even close to enough.

i see windowsill plants "survive" u want ur plant to "thrive"

its a completely different situation. any plant can survive, some are super pathetic looking and i guess its no REAL judgement it could be the most wise plant on the planet but reality is its skimpy and underfed and probably die if the wind blows too hard.

my dream is to GREENHOUSE grow. that would be amazing. all organic everything, natural sunlight, natural air, natural magnification of light. amazing interior space to hang out in.

a windowsill doesnt cut it.  advise to friend, get a small box computer or whatever, buy a fuckload of those LED lights that people are hot on these days (if u have no money find it cheap or like literally steal some... not even kidding, just fucking steal some shit that u need)

and u will be in love. theres nothing like being with your plant and helping it grow using all the science and technology you can possibly muster.

still a dream of mine to complete a box for indoor... even just for one TINY ass plant to thrive . even a small plant can thrive... right. in fact i may just do it now... no real worry for one computer sized plant . wouldnt even smell that bad. if anyone caught me i would throw it at them.

--------------------
shes got legs.

OfflineMistyMystic
Birdbrain
Male
Re: Internodal space quest. [Re: MistyMystic]
    #15973079 - 03/20/12 08:37 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

and in addition...

light fuck ups during flowering cause stress.

stress causes the plant to fuck up its phase.

in my personal experience its like that tip joke.

were you start with a stack of dollars and take one away every time the waitress does something wrong.

well, you are the waitress. every small fuck up costs you. and more importantly it costs your plant.

i had some flower half way, and then just decide to hang out for a week. U know what a plant hanging out for a week mid flower does?

IT STANKS. it costs u time, money, electricity, planning, u dont know wtf is going on anymore, u cant feed it properly because it is LOCKED .

yes. plant locking...then u try to fix whatever nturient problem there is but you cant, WHY? because you are on a timer with your plant. You can get it going again but the damage is done, and u have no time to fix it as it has a set amount of time to live once flowering has been induced. Especailly in medium sized plants.

i mean an absolute monster could probably survive almost any lock out that you do to it and still produce massive killer buds. but thats a plant the size of a small tree.

OfflineNalim
aka. Nast
 User Gallery

#15976083 - 03/21/12 01:39 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MistyMystic said:
my dream is to GREENHOUSE grow. that would be amazing. all organic everything, natural sunlight, natural air, natural magnification of light. amazing interior space to hang out in.

Don't complicate things. Greenhouses keep heat in and light out. You want the opposite unless you are in Ireland or somesuch.

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

OfflineMistyMystic
Birdbrain
Male

Re: Internodal space quest. [Re: Nalim]
    #15978334 - 03/21/12 10:57 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

oh really? I just remember my grandmothers greenhouse when i was just a baby. it was at the back of the house sort of like a walk out into this half domed greenhouse and you could just take a chair and hang out in a warm moist environment and the sun would be beaming in... mmm

how nice it would be to wake up and sit with the ladies for an hour every morning, maybe read with them for a bit...

Offlinemikesethnobotany
3rd Year Medical Student
Male

Loc: Missouri, USA
    #15978432 - 03/21/12 11:19 PM (5 years, 4 months ago)

:oldthread:

9 Years ago? Talk about grave digging sheesh.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Portable Greenhouse

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden