Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The hardest part of quitting smoking
    #6830306 -

I am currently trying to not smoke. im not a big smoker. usually cmoke primetimes like once a day during the week. then when i get drunk on weekends i smoke all night. anyways. the hardest part for me always seems to be the tricks my mind plays. for example.ill think of my self doing sumthing.and then all of the sudden ill think. man that would be so much cooler/funner with a smoke.or like if you picture yourself in a fun situiation. my mind always instantly puts cigarettes in the picture with it. and without ciggarettes its no longer a fun situation. the dependance is overwhelming. how long will this last before i can be my own man again. will it ever go away??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The hardest part of quitting smoking [Re: julius18]
    #6830388 -

ive heard five years, to go away, but one puff will send u spiraling back so u have to be really careful

best of luck too, and i hope you succeed:D

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The hardest part of quitting smoking [Re: Fiblessop]
    #6830397 -

If you can, try Zyban. The best part was I never noticed I quit smoking. Actually, it was Wellbutrin, but Zyban is the same medication...different dosages, different names for different uses.

Anyway, I took my pills, kept smoking...then one day, I noticed that I had a pack of cigs that was sitting around for a long time...it took about a month before I realized I wasn't picking up a cig anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The hardest part of quitting smoking [Re: HighTek]
    #6830399 -

yea, then what happens when you stop talking the meds?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The hardest part of quitting smoking [Re: daytripper05]
    #6830407 -

By then, it was already out of my system...I didn't care to smoke anymore. I didn't want to smoke anymore. Zyban stimulates the dopamine receptors in the brain...the same chemical that nicotine does. But they cut your dosage, not just cold turkey. Course by then, I developed a caffeine addiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The hardest part of quitting smoking [Re: HighTek]
    #6830420 -

a triple skull fracture, 6 days in the hospital, and miserable for a solid month was enough to kick my addiction.

it's true though. After being that close to death and in the much pain, life it so much more beautiful without a goddamn cigarette.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The hardest part of quitting smoking [Re: julius18]
    #6830421 -

I remember trying to quit in high school and finding myself trying to take puffs off my pen.


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The hardest part of quitting smoking [Re: julius18]
    #6830429 -

I never had a problem with that but, but then again I'm amazing


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quitting Smoking
( 1 2 all )
JustSomeGuy 4,435 20 07/23/16 08:38 AM
by Buddy Boy
* Quitting Marijuana
( 1 2 all )
frank_grimes 5,958 34 02/02/03 05:35 AM
by Killjoy
* Who smokes weed everyday?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 16,462 88 05/11/11 07:01 PM
by Anthony917
* who smokes cigs and why?
( 1 2 3 all )
bandaid 7,817 50 07/19/04 10:43 PM
by Entropic
* Would you be too afraid to smoke a bong in public?
( 1 2 all )
Baby_Hitler 7,334 30 09/17/03 10:08 PM
by Retchers
* quitting ciggs easier than quitting weed kaiowas 1,246 13 08/07/04 04:23 PM
by DrunkenCowgirl
* Poll: How many people smoke cigerettes?
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 6,544 39 05/17/04 11:09 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* haven't smoked in a month! Anonymous 2,398 19 07/20/04 11:45 PM
by Skunk420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
905 topic views. 5 members, 26 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.