Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SPace Required
    #67981 - 12/10/99 12:09 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

space: from the size of a shoe box (ala shroom wiz, don't even need a terrerium) to the entire east wing of the White House (He never said he didn't swallow in college :wink:

Light: strain specific to a certain degree. from 1 hour to 24 hours can be made to work if you have to. Hell, after light initiates pins it isn't even "required", but you'd end up with some pretty funky growth without it. Ask Moe (Howard that is) about his albino burrowing shroom experiment.

Most likely the answers you really wanted to hear: A decent set-up could probly be made to go either under stairs or in a closet, and light should be on about 8 hours a day or whatever is convenient.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurader
Stranger
Re: SPace Required [Re: mycofile]
    #67983 - 12/10/99 03:06 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Thank You Very Much mycofile....

What Would u Recomend as a Strain and setup for a first time grower?

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #67984 - 12/10/99 04:14 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

What about SOS???? I have a set up I think is about as close to cheap and easy to conseal as well here it is.

Find a good sized box.....one that could hold 6-12 1/2 pint jars is good....make sure its about a good foot high though, cut all the flaps off and use plastic wrap as the cover. Line the inside of the box with a heavy duty garbage bag. Fill an aluminum baking pan (the really cheap ones in grocery stores or dollar stores) with about 2 inches of perlite wet to the right amount(since you cant see the water through the aluminum just make sure the perlite is damp not soaked)place inside the box.....

Now you will need 2 liter bottles and 1 liter bottles (24oz ones will do)

take the 2 liter bottles and wack the bottoms off with a sharp knife (make sure to remove all the paper on the outside and sterilize with 99% or close to.....rubbing alcohol)

leave the bottle caps on the 2 liters on....take cottom balls and stick 1 or 2 in the very top of the 2 litter bottle. (see Im turning the 2 liter into a greenhouse basically)

now, take you 1 liter bottles or 24oz bottles and measure about oh 4-6 inches from the bottom and wack the tops off. This is where you colonized cakes will go when there ready to be birthed. Now once you put them in there new home I suggest casing but you dont HAVE too.

All you need to do now is place you colonized cakes in the 1 liter or 24oz bottle bottoms place them on the perlite and then place the 2 liter bottle tops over the 1 liter or 24oz bottle bottoms.

the 2 liter tops will help keep it humid and allows the condensation to run down the side of the bottle back into the perlite without drips falling on your cakes.(Hense the reason for the cottom balls) without using a drip sheild which reduces your grow space.

Now add a fish tank thermometer(the type thats glass and floats) to check the temp and see if a heat source will be needed to reach the proper temp...if you do need a heat source heres what you could do.....

You will need a heating pad, a towel or 2 and another box bigger than the one your useing as your grow chamber.

Take the bigger box and place a towel on the inside bottom (this is done to prevent overheating) place the heating pad cord and all inside the box, cut a hole in one of the sides as close to the bottom as you can. Feed the heating pads power cord out of the hole. Place another towel over the heating pad place the entire box thats your grow chamber on top of the heating pad and towels.
You will have to play with the towels and the heating pad to see what will reach your needed temp.

Close the flaps on the bigger outter box and volia!!!! Instant hide a set-up!!!!

Just make sure you have the cord comming out the box with that side facing the wall so mom and dad dont wonder why you have a cord hanggin out the box....

Now all you would need to do is pull the box out and check you shoom buddies, temp and add water to the perlite as needed to maintain humidity...you can guage your humidity by the condesation on the walls insides the grow ("box") chamber.....if the walls are streaking with water you have 90-100% humidity if its just condestation build up with ocasional streaks of water then you at about 70-80% humidity....If I remember that right....Damn these type of nites...sorry...you could always just get a humidity guage but get one from a cigar shop if you can.

With this setup you will need to fan unless you want this to get more complicated then need be.

Okay, well its way to damn late but there is my 0.0............well more like 0.50 cents.

Mycofile, what ya think? Okay, YEAH! or.....you need to sleep more?

Anyway I hope I helped. :smile:

------------------
"My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk"
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #67985 - 12/11/99 01:48 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I certainly wouldn't recomend SOS or any casing tek to a beginner. Sure it's the easiest casing tek there is, but it shouldn't be tried until at least the first batch is in.
MHO

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#67986 - 12/13/99 08:46 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Myco,

I'm using Shroom Wizards tek for my first time and I have about 30 mushrooms all over. :smile:

Justin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom