Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Anyone else eat when bored?
    #6773030 - 04/10/07 10:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I find in the past 6-10 months, I have been doing a lot of this.  I eat tons all day, epsecially lots in the past 3 months.

I am not working right now and find myself really restless all the time.  I stay at home a lot because I barely have enough to pay my bills and I'm trying to save any extra money I do have.

So what ends up happening is me sitting at home for weeks on end and like I said, I get very restless. 

No matter what I do to try to occupy myself, I also feel so bored and restless, I start cooking or preparing something.  Sometimes I'm snacking every half hour from morning till late night. :thumbdown:

Anyone else find they eat to try and "cure" boredom, in a sense?  Any suggestions besides "find something to do"?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Anyone else eat when bored? [Re: Spooge]
    #6773100 - 04/10/07 11:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

guilty. i also steal fast food when i'm bored... i'v got this scam, its kind of imbarassing.
Deff fucking up my digestive system eating all that fast food.
I haven't shit right for like a week:p

--------------------

OfflineLegend9123
Male

Re: Anyone else eat when bored? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #6773161 - 04/10/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Guilty as charged. Handcuff me and take me away. I really need to stop it I have put on 10-15 pounds in the last few months.

--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Anyone else eat when bored? [Re: Legend9123]
    #6773296 - 04/10/07 11:44 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I actually do the opposite. When bored I'll often pace around irritably, or spend an extremely unhealthy amount of time on the internet and ignore my appetite, feeling too frustrated and inconvenienced to deal with making something. It's a terrible pattern. I'm doing it right now.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else eat when bored? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #6774361 - 04/11/07 09:50 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I tend to either eat or wonder around to keep myself occupied.

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #6774394 - 04/11/07 09:59 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

About a month ago, I identified my impulse to open the fridge when bored and just stopped cold turkey.  I just stop and go do anything productive, usually reading or guitar practice.

I now eat only when my stomach rumbles or it is mealtime.

Quote:

No matter what I do to try to occupy myself, I also feel so bored and restless, I start cooking or preparing something. Sometimes I'm snacking every half hour from morning till late night. :thumbdown:

This is troublesome. That's what I used to do in my down-and-out days. I think it's probably not boredom as much as depression. Eating is therapeutic in the same way drugs are, and often destructive in the same way drugs are.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Re: Anyone else eat when bored? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6774853 - 04/11/07 12:16 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
About a month ago, I identified my impulse to open the fridge when bored and just stopped cold turkey.  I just stop and go do anything productive, usually reading or guitar practice.

I now eat only when my stomach rumbles or it is mealtime.

Quote:

No matter what I do to try to occupy myself, I also feel so bored and restless, I start cooking or preparing something. Sometimes I'm snacking every half hour from morning till late night. :thumbdown:

This is troublesome. That's what I used to do in my down-and-out days. I think it's probably not boredom as much as depression. Eating is therapeutic in the same way drugs are, and often destructive in the same way drugs are.

Yeah, some big changes are needed and I think they will be coming by september.  I have big plans to go with my gf to Australia on a work holiday visa.

I don't know if I am depressed, as I don't believe in it as most do, as a true clinical psychological problem or whatever, but my life isn't exactly healthy right now.

Yesterday I made a rough meal plan, with suggestions of things suitable for a medium breakfast and 4-5 smaller meals/snacks throughout the day at certain times.

I commend you on being able to realize your impulse and immediately fix the problem.  Let's hope I can do the same

Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else eat when bored? *DELETED* [Re: Spooge]
    #6774966 - 04/11/07 12:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Re: Anyone else eat when bored? [Re: soulcircus]
    #6775003 - 04/11/07 01:02 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I wish I could do that.  I record guitar and whatnot, but it's very rare I can sit down and do ANYTHING for longer than 15 minutes.

I'll find myself pacing from one activity to the next, feeling restless during and between.  I won't know what I want to do, so will try and read some of my book and 5-10 mintues later, I'm standing up going "ok, i need to find something to do"....so I'll try and go over to my guitar and also only spend 10 or so mintues on it.  Then I try turning the TV back on(might watch a half hour show if I'm lucky, but usually only like 10-15 minutes) and then find myself looking for something else), then I try and go exercise, which as of late I QUICKLY lose interest in and then I end up in the kitchen  :thumbdown:

Sometimes it takes me less time to find myself there.  It just feels like no matter what I try to do I'm restless and almost irritated.

I bought god of war 2 yesterday and I played quite a few hours last night, but when I'm doing that I'm feeling completely useless like I'm just sitting around "getting fat"(because well, that's basically what it is...i'm already sitting around the house all day as it is)

The only time I don't feel bored and I'm not feeling restless is when I'm with some friends, having some drinks and playing pool at a pub or something.  But they all have jobs and lifes, so I don't get to do that often and also because I'm trying not to go out a lot, saving money for this Australia thing.

I guess it's almost like I'm stuck in a rut.  This never ending cycle of boredom and restlessness.

Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone else eat when bored? *DELETED* [Re: Spooge]
    #6775097 - 04/11/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: Anyone else eat when bored? [Re: soulcircus]
    #6775136 - 04/11/07 01:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

In the last 3 years, I can't seem to do this for even 1 minute. 

It's horrible the amount of stuff that goes through my head and at the speed it does is even more crazy, on a daily basis.

I can't even lay down and listen to music without feeling restless. :thumbdown:

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #6775234 - 04/11/07 01:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I do, well....did. I'm 2 days into my new diet lol. That's what made me fat, eating from boredom. And I used to be pretty bored.

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #6775298 - 04/11/07 02:06 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe you could look for some new kind of exercise that's actually fun. Dancing, punching bag, biking, I hear some people get a decent workout playing Wii. If you smoke weed giving it up could help, I had a lot of trouble eating right as a stoner. Detoxing may be a good idea. I drink this Chinese detox tea with 20 herbs or so, speeds up the metabolism while at the same time relaxing the body and mind. I can sympathize with the restlessness, if you can somehow get a good hour or two workout a day the rest of the day will be a lot smoother.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Re: Anyone else eat when bored? [Re: Neon]
    #6775501 - 04/11/07 02:53 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Neon said:
Maybe you could look for some new kind of exercise that's actually fun.  Dancing, punching bag, biking, I hear some people get a decent workout playing Wii.  If you smoke weed giving it up could help, I had a lot of trouble eating right as a stoner.  Detoxing may be a good idea.  I drink this Chinese detox tea with 20 herbs or so, speeds up the metabolism while at the same time relaxing the body and mind.  I can sympathize with the restlessness, if you can somehow get a good hour or two workout a day the rest of the day will be a lot smoother.

your very right, but I'm finding it hard to get the motivation to do exercise.

I can only do biking or any outdoor "exercise" in our 2 month summer, for the most part :grin:  There's still snow covering my bike. hehe

I'd LOVE to get a punching bag, but won't be able to get one until I get back from Australia.

I've been messing around with a friend who's in martial arts and I really want to get back into it(I was in karate for 6, wrestling for a few years and did a bit of boxing too)...but it's too expensive for me to try and save.

I feel so "stuck" until I go to australia, supposing it even happens.

Once the nice weather hits, I'll be camping/fishing lots, as well as going outdoors a lot more, going to the local lakes/beaches and whatnot, playing frisbee, etc.

Like I say, I try to go downstairs and lift a few weights, pushups, situps, skipping and I lose interest so fast and can't find the motivation to pursue it for a proper amount of time.

You are dead on though...I KNOW if I have a good workout during the day it would help things tremendously.

btw, what kind of tea is it exactly?

shroomie: how's that diet going btw?

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
    #6775517 - 04/11/07 02:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Neon said:
I hear some people get a decent workout playing Wii.  If you smoke weed giving it up could help, I had a lot of trouble eating right as a stoner.  Detoxing may be a good idea.

I actually bought a Wii a couple months ago :thumbup:  I wouldn't say it's a workout, but it is definetely fun :smile:

yeah, i don't really smoke weed much anymore.  I bought maybe 5-6 1/8ths in 2006.  I mainly only have a few tokes when I'm drinking, but I drink quite a bit

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #6775751 - 04/11/07 03:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.tripleleaf-tea.com/chinese.htm
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=TF-1011

Ran across this stuff at a grocery store, figured I would try it. Wasn't expecting much but it works very well. I usually use two bags twice a day. This is the first herbal detox formula I've tried, it certainly gets the job done but I'm sure I'll be testing others soon.

OfflineAtrocitY
Stranger

#6776244 - 04/11/07 05:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Shit I am eating 24/7, especially if im bored. I don't even know when im hungry or not anyomre. Luckily my metabolism is still fast. Tonight I'm doing an 8 hour detox, water and green tea. I think it will help me control my eating habits. I guess we'll see.

--------------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6776380 - 04/11/07 06:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

get sunflower seeds, peanuts, cashews, etc. preferably still with shells. it'll give you something to do and because you must de-shell (..well if you wish..) it'll keep you paced. just don't be makin full meals or eating shit food. I rarely have full meals, I just eat fruit, vegetables and nuts pretty much all day and I'm alive and well. actually cheaper than frozen foods and whatnot that I was livin off of for a long time during this college bachelor lifestyle period of mine.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
    #6776924 - 04/11/07 08:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I used to eat to cover up the "emptiness" inside.

Now I just eat whenever I'm hungry or smoke too much herb.

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds