Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

So it occured to me today that I'm incredibly boring =(
    #2560722 - 04/14/04 06:15 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

So recently I've been kind of...feeling kind of bleh. But today something occured to me that I hadn't really thought of before.

I'm really, really boring.

I go to Georgia Tech. My major is Computer Engineering, and my grades are pretty crap. I don't play any sports and my hobbies include ________, ________, and occasionally ___________. All I do all day is sit around the shroomery, or randomly open up IE and try to think of some website to go to. I used to at least enjoy video games, but video games just bring everything but enjoyment to me. I can't program really well. I can't dance. I can't sing. I lack a girlfriend. I can't play any instruments, I don't collect or build anything. I don't have a job, nor can I get a job (summer school). This is really depressing. I mean..why do I get out of bed? So I can go to my core classes that I despise? So I can read the shroomery?

I mean..all the things I DO do, I can count on one hand.

1.) I read about buddhism sometimes.
2.) I meditate when the mood strikes me.

Thats -it- !!!

:crying: :crying: :crying:

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomSally
Canadian SnowAngel

Loc: Up the road
Re: So it occured to me today that I'm incredibly boring =( [Re: freddurgan]
    #2560785 - 04/14/04 06:48 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Well DO something... anything is better than nothing.
Try going for a walk, it's free & exhilarating.

--------------------

A Pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel down his pants
The bartender says “Hey Pirate, what’s with the steering wheel down your pants?”
“Arrrrrrg says the Pirate, it’s drivin me nutz”

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
    #2560929 - 04/14/04 07:40 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

read your post objectively and you'll see the solution that is desired

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
    #2560950 - 04/14/04 07:46 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

it doesn't mean you're boring, honestly. some people just have that innate ability to talk about things and NOT be boring. just like how some people that do lots of stuff are boring. you can have lots in common with people, besides interests.

edit: not to say taking up new interests is a bad thing. you could do that anyways. I don't want to say to "better" yourself, but I think you know what I mean.

Edited by Catharsis (04/14/04 07:49 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: So it occured to me today that I'm incredibly boring =( [Re: Catharsis]
    #2561444 - 04/14/04 09:57 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I agree...you're (freddurgan) not boring. It sounds like you're just in a rut. Perhaps some change and variety in your life is in order....? :laugh:

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: So it occured to me today that I'm incredibly boring =( [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2561946 - 04/15/04 12:39 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Im not condoning anything, I'm just interested if youve ever done drugs?
I take it your around 20 or so, so by now I would think you ahve tried many hobbies or interests, but nothing excites you except some buddist readings and meditation. Well maybe shrooms or something would help you with that kinda stuff. I dont think you are a computer engineer. You might be a philosopher or something. Expand your mind, see what you can come up with :smile:. You are passionate about something, u just havent found it yet.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: So it occured to me today that I'm incredibly boring =( [Re: Hahzist]
    #2562509 - 04/15/04 05:58 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I've been in a similar situation and taking drugs was the cause, not the solution

Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno [Re: zeta]
    #2563486 - 04/15/04 12:25 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

OfflineHahzist

Re: So it occured to me today that I'm incredibly boring =( [Re: ]
    #2563629 - 04/15/04 12:56 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Yah, let me clarify. I didn't mean get into "drugs". I was just wondering if you have ever done any psychadelics like shrooms. I mean for me, it helped. It gave me a new perspective, and helped me solve and learn how to deal with certain problems I may have been having. I dont see how trying that out would make things worse.

OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
Re: So it occured to me today that I'm incredibly boring =( [Re: zeta]
    #2565101 - 04/15/04 05:55 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Bro, I live in Atlanta at certain parts of the year as well. Some might say that doing drugs won't help, but i say it will. Haha, im sorry...GA Tech is a boring place, and drugs will make it more interestng. Go down to the bluffs downtown...you'll find what you are looking for. Anyways...also get some hobbies, try some paintball! Ga Tech is one of the top rated paintball teams right now. There is always some new cool thing to do that like that. Maybe look into getting/making a fake id. Alcohol won't help anything, but it will make your life less boring. I'm not saying drink all the time, but use the ID at bars. Its a good place to meet people.

Smoke on  :stoned:

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2566695 - 04/16/04 05:09 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

One thing leads to another and dance lessons will soon have you socializing more and meeting chicks

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2566712 - 04/16/04 05:32 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Go clubbing, raving, meet people, go to bars... if you are the type that finds it easier to talk with people when you're drunk or something, got to a bar and meet people, you'll get to know people and meet them outside bars and you could take on their interests if they interest you. Go to raves, just feel the music and dance to it. I cant dance, but I've gotten good at it simply because I've gone to a number of raves and clubs through my life. There is no differance from when you dont know how to dance till you know how, you're own style of dancing just develops when you get a better feel of the music, just go with it in any crazy way you feel like, thats what everybody else does... some ecstacy might help.
I'm not a raver myself, but I know that simple activities like going to raves (and maybe taking ecstacy at raves sometimes) can quickly create bonds, open up doors of new interests and a new lifestyle that can be good if you want it to.

You're at a good point in your life, you can choose how you want your life to become from here on...

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: So it occured to me today that I'm incredibly boring =( [Re: filthysock]
    #2571563 - 04/17/04 04:51 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Hi guys. Thanks for the input. There were a lot of points here that helped actually.

1.) GA Tech is a boring place. You are not lying there.
2.) Drugs - Yeah, I do drugs. Smoke alot of pot, trip when I can, drink at parties.
3.) As much as it hurts me and everything I think I believe about drugs, marijuana is probably not helping my situation any. But, then again, I can't think of a good concrete reason why it would hurt my situation. I just get the feeling that it does.

I think when I get home, and I'm not living in this CRAPPY 12x12 BOX with bolted down furniture, I might see a ressurection of good times. I'm probably just in a rut, like you said. I need a change of surroundings and activities. Dorm rooms and classes are sucking the life out of me!

Plus I'll have to my turntables back when I get home. I haven't spun more than 3 times in like 9 months now, cause I can't fit them in my dorm room.

Thanks guys.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineHahzist

#2574069 - 04/18/04 01:36 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

If u have a feeling Marijuana is part of the problem u are probably right. Over time, it gets boring, and it makes u unmotivated, and overall a piece of shit. Either use it in moderation or not at all. I only smoke once or twice a month.

Dorms suck. Im getting an apartment with some friends next year. Good stuff.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder