Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Delicious Bacon, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Eating Healthy
    #3643886 - 01/18/05 05:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Just recently I have decided to start eating healthy, and I was wondering what benefits I should expect to recieve?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Eating Healthy [Re: PinballWizard]
    #3644059 - 01/18/05 05:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Your question is abit vague, don't you think?

You should first of all define your definition of 'healthy'...I'm sure there are people out there that think ordering a small pop with there mcdonalds meal is healthy.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
    #3644317 - 01/18/05 06:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

BIGGER MUSCLES! :cool:

Edited by p4kSouL (01/18/05 06:33 PM)

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Eating Healthy [Re: p4kSouL]
    #3644332 - 01/18/05 06:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have eatin healthy for all my life. My mom was a health freak which gave me the health disease. To tell you the truth I have never been on antibiotics. Health food is good, fuck that other shit!

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: Eating Healthy [Re: funkymonk]
    #3644502 - 01/18/05 07:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Basically I'm trying to follow the new food pyramid. Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, and 1 or 2 servings of chicken/fish, nuts, and dairy every day. No more white bread or red meats.

And BTW, what are some good, healthy options to spread on toast?

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
    #3644701 - 01/18/05 08:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah it depends on what you define as healthy. Getting away from any and all saturated fats, preservatives, and countless other store shelf poisons is a good start.

Whatever you do in your health food endeavor, stay away from fast food! It is seriously a slow death, people just don't realize it yet. Just to give you an idea of how healthy I eat, the other day I had a burger/fries/pop from McDonalds and got very sick for about 12 hours, it was not fun. Imagine people who ingest that crap all day long, sometimes more then 1 meal a day! Yeck...that shit is killing people as we speak. Fast food is disgusting.

Anyways, if you'd like a good start to eating healthy on a budget I'd suggest a rice cooker. I own one and it's great. You can pick up a 20 LB bag of rice for <10 bucks at a good oriental food store and go to town. Countless recipes available for rice too, and it's healthy if you end up eating it 3 times a day! (Pay no attention to the starch Nazi's)

Eating healthy improves your physical and mental health, and all around improves your life. This is fact. BUT, as in anything worth doing you have to exercise ALOT of discipline. Don't eat healthy for a week then quit, figuring it did you some good. It doesn't work like that-stick with it!

Good luck to you.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Edited by HolyDiver (01/18/05 08:13 PM)

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Eating Healthy [Re: Holydiver]
    #3645161 - 01/18/05 09:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Nothing wrong with saturated fats, just eat them in moderation. Cut out all bread and cereal except for oatmeal in the morning. No processed food. Steak, vegetables, and fruit. Best diet in the world.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Eating Healthy [Re: looner2]
    #3645167 - 01/18/05 09:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Nothing wrong with saturated fats, just eat them in moderation. Cut out all bread and cereal except for oatmeal in the morning. No processed food. Steak, vegetables, and fruit. Best diet in the world.

Bread=grains, and should be included in a healthy diet.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Eating Healthy [Re: Holydiver]
    #3645557 - 01/18/05 10:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't agree. They provide minimal nutrients and minerals and no antioxidents. Vegetables and fruits can provide everything they can better, and then more. Oatmeal should be eaten however, because it is an excellent source of soluble fiber, has a low GI and is eaten in the morning when your body can handle carbohydrates the best.

Bread/grains have a field day with you insulin, they are best avoided.

--------------------

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3647229 - 01/19/05 07:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The first rule of nutriion is "don't eat anything that wont rot".

That really helps.

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: Eating Healthy [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3647312 - 01/19/05 09:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone like Soy milk? A friend had me try out the chocolate brand, i think its fantastic myself, the brand i bought is "Sun Soy".

The "Silk" brand is pretty good as well, but more expensive.

explore the world of soy products,
-------------------------------------
oatmeal reigns supreme.

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Eating Healthy [Re: ODhaze]
    #3647633 - 01/19/05 11:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Men don't consume soy.

--------------------

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3649302 - 01/19/05 06:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The closer you can get to veganism, the better your health (physical and spiritual)

The greatest research on diet ever made (China) revealed that vegetarians live 7 years more than meat-eaters and vegans live 15 years more than meat-eaters.

Meat is useless,it contains too many toxins, and feeds the cancer cells. Biological non laced fresh products are the only way to stay healthy.

Diary products are also bad, consume as few as possible, and always from goats. Not yellow cheese and cow products...they are responsible for a wide variety of diseases...

I liked what theHateCamel said...whatever doesnt become a shroom, is not worth eating, hehe

Ippocratis, the ancient Greek ,founder of medicine said:

"Your medicine is your food"

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Eating Healthy [Re: Sterile]
    #3650283 - 01/19/05 09:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The closer you can get to veganism, the better your health (physical and spiritual)

The greatest research on diet ever made (China) revealed that vegetarians live 7 years more than meat-eaters and vegans live 15 years more than meat-eaters.

I hate when read this crappy "research".

Look, most vegetarians are very into their health and health foods. A lot even say they became vegetarians because its "healthier".

So what does this research do? It pits your average health nut to the average person who doesn't think twice about what they put in their mouth.

Of course the results will be health nuts live longer than mcdonalds eaters. But, those crafty vegetarians are smart, and instead of concluding with that last sentence, they say vegetarian vs meat-eater. Get real please!

Do a study with health conscious people who are vegetarians and those who also eat meat. No difference in life span, although you might find many vegetarians with the muscle mass of frankie muniz.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3650657 - 01/19/05 10:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I do think that may be one of those correlation is not causation studies, as vegetarians in general will pay a lot more attention to their diet, and therefore eat healthier, than an average person. When you can't go get some chicken nuggets or a hamburger, and are stuck mostly with fruits, vegetables, grains, rice and such, you're obviously going to be healthier. Vegans are even more so because they have to watch their diet even closer, ending up only eating the healthiest of foods, and a lot more fruits and vegetables. You don't necessarily need to be vegan or vegetarian to get the benefits they get from their diet, and some meat in moderation can be OK. It is just that modern Americans consume way more than their healthy servings of meat, and it's usually fatty red meat pumped full of steroids and antibiotics at that

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinePsyhigh
Lost
    #3654133 - 01/20/05 05:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you can spare an hour I'd recommend listening to a talk by a physician called Michael Greger, 'Optimum Vegetarian Nutrition', apart from being very educational it is also presented in a very entertaining way, a very good guy. It talks about obviously a seperate study showing how mortality rates of vegetarians and vegans were no better if not worse than those of meat-eaters, and explores where things could be going wrong on a vege/vegan diet - great info for people of all diets.

http://www.drgreger.org/talks/

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Eating Healthy [Re: looner2]
    #3655031 - 01/20/05 08:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The food we eat hasn't only got nutritional value in it, but spiritual energy too.

If the meat you put in your mouth was tortured and fucked up in a million ways, i ashure you it won't be giving you any positive energy.

All living organisms on this huge living organism called earth, communicate with each other, and all of them with the planet, a shroomer knows this well.

The earth knows if you are part of this disgusting ,disapointing and sad way of poisoning the eco-system. 
The animals are no exception here. And to explain this in a more practical way, the chemicals humans supply the animals & the shit they feed them with, ends up into their own systems again. It is a simple self-destructive cycle.

The poisoning of the earths plants is letting us without vitamins (thats why we need nutritional supplements today)

Our inner organs are simillar to a miricastic animal (plant-eating) Our teeth are not made very sharp either.

By simply observing the gastroenterical system and comparing it with other animals, the truth is revealed.

We have been acting paranormally and the result is in all the hospitals of the world with millions of cancer patients and sick fat people.

90% of the cancer appearences are due to wrong diet.

The great founder of medicine "Ippocratis" was a vegetarian... and he lived in ancient greece, when animals where pure.... what a stupid guy!!  :grin:

Taste is something that we can control, it is for our own good to make us like organic plants only.

And i happen to know a 2 year world body building champion that is vegetarian.

Vegetarianism makes people more sensitive thus more healthy (what you meat-eaters call health-nuts)

And it's not only how much longer you 'll live but also in what quality you re gonna be enjoying these years.

Go organic!

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#3655516 - 01/20/05 09:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

nevermind.

--------------------

Edited by looner2 (01/20/05 09:47 PM)

Offlinenickgun
Stranger
Male

#18742065 - 08/22/13 02:03 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
welcome to terrordome,
i'm your host, your friendly neighborhood baritone

InvisibleJesusGoneRogue
 User Gallery

#18742127 - 08/22/13 02:14 PM (4 years, 1 month ago)

Steak, and bacon. muscle and the grease to lube it. Then you can expect to be lean and mean. Add some carbs if you wish to be swole. :likeaboss:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Delicious Bacon, Pressure Cooker

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being