Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Stress [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6729450 -

There's definitely a lot of stress I have to deal with at my job. I think I'd go crazy if not for my daily meditation ritual.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stress [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6729531 -

Yip, mega unhealthy job stress here too. But I am also sailing out to handle it in a constructive way.
Break down one world domination ! Fertilise the multitude !
:tinfoil:


--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
......................................................
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stress [Re: Diploid]
    #6729563 -

Diploid said:
Garlic mashed malanga (a sorta Cuban potato), brown rice, steamed asparagus, and stir fried tofu with peas, julian carrots, onions, garlic, and shallots... all topped with fresh cilantro.

You and your other half are a bad influence on me. :razz:



Good work my boy. Now comes the raw food diet.:whoa:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stress [Re: Icelander]
    #6729569 -

Don't hold your breath. :noway:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stress [Re: Diploid]
    #6729669 -

Yeah, all that hot air would really be uncomfortable in there for him. :hehehe:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stress [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6731414 -

Truth.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stress [Re: Icelander]
    #6731440 -

Hi I have had a lot of stress to I have herd that it is really bad and puts damage on your life or something like that. It is not me that I am worried about though. My dad has always had a lot of stress on his shoulders and nothing he try's can release him from it. Now with a new baby girl in his life it seems to him that he can't go one day with out worrying what is going to happen next. All this stress is affecting how he sleeps. I read some of your posts and thought maybe you can help because I hate seeing my dad go through so much pain when I know he can lighten up and have a good life. SO please if you can help me out.


--------------------
Aspen Nikita

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stress [Re: nikita]
    #6731628 -

When sensing the stress coming on, how do you diffuse it?

A goal of my life is to have all my primal/mental needs satisfied consistently. Looking at Maslow's heirarchy of needs, I want all those needs fulfulled on a daily basis. In that state I would be unable to experience stress. So I guess the question is - how to manifest my thoughts in order to create an enviroment where stress is unable to be experienced. Usually I find that what I did today is what tomorrow will feel like as well. There's a lasting contact high from positive experiences.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stress [Re: cavemate_A]
    #6732321 -

cavemate_A said:
When sensing the stress coming on, how do you diffuse it?



Deeper, slower, more conscious breathing. I'll start to move in ways that really flex and stretch my back around in a slow manner. I think stress effects your physical body as well - a lot of tensions in muscles and perhaps in one's back. Stretching and breathing with mindfulness takes it leap and bounds. :grin:

Quote:
A goal of my life is to have all my primal/mental needs satisfied consistently. Looking at Maslow's heirarchy of needs, I want all those needs fulfulled on a daily basis.



So, what would your needs be, exactly? I don't think an appropriate approach to resolving and presenting stress would be to make more expectations and demands for reality to fufill for you in order to be relaxed and content.

Quote:
In that state I would be unable to experience stress. So I guess the question is - how to manifest my thoughts in order to create an enviroment where stress is unable to be experienced.



I think the question is how to resolve the mental causes of stress instead of finding a path (one that I think is doomed, by the way) by which one would consistently have one's sense of need fufilled. You're only setting yourself up for more stress when reality rolls by its own accord and pulls you out on a rip-tide that you cannot struggle with. That struggle might be stress. :grin: Being mindful and aware would be going with the flow and using one's relaxed, purposeful manner of interaction with the flow to direct one towards the tropical island on the horizon. :craven:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What is stress? giza 544 8 03/07/11 11:16 PM
by g00ru
* Stress and the top dog.
( 1 2 3 all )
Icelander 2,857 41 01/23/11 08:40 AM
by zappaisgod
* Instill stress in the minds of children...
( 1 2 all )
deranger 1,882 25 09/28/08 03:46 PM
by zouden
* The Nature of Stress
( 1 2 all )
gettinjiggywithit 1,766 27 12/04/04 02:28 PM
by oceansize
* Stress and Spiritual Wellness RebelSteve33 698 5 03/24/03 02:05 PM
by I_Didnt_Inhale
* Anger and/or stress? Gomp 722 9 04/22/08 10:45 PM
by Felinor
* Recognizing Stress Flop Johnson 326 0 04/15/07 11:17 PM
by Flop Johnson
* the spiritual meaning of family stress Moonshoe 1,144 7 09/05/07 10:40 AM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,282 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 19 queries.