Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
The Nature of Stress
    #3442559 - 12/03/04 04:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I grabbed this from another thread because I think its a topic all its own. Approach this with an open mind and just consider it.

These thoughts ran through my head.

Negative people tend not to give a rats ass about much as in 'what other people think of them" (this conserves a lot of vital energy others burn through putting on pretenses)

Negative people tend to not hold in their negativity for the sake of putting on fala la pretenses and tend to disharge it on to those around them. (this probably keeps them more free of toxins then the neighbor lady who runs around with a smile and good cheer fearful not to upset anyone or weight them with her problems, who is hiding and repressing years of piss and vinegar eating her alive from the inside out)

Just a couple of random thoughts that ran through my head I thought were interesting to consider and put on the table.

I also have wondered why the shroomery doesn't have a "venting forum". Most of us know that it is healthy to vent and many don't out of fear of being negative or spreading negativity. I suggest people scream into pillows when no one is home if they need to. I'll make a suggestion in the suggestions forum for a venting forum.

One more thing I considered I want to hear opinions on. Is making a conscious choice to think and be positive an act derived from lack beleifs? If so- is the lack underneath the choice for positivity acting like a hidden enemy?

If all is truly well, as many "spiritualists" beleive, being positive should NOT have to be an active choice one makes. Just ran through my head, I have no conclusions on any of this, just stuff from left field to consider.

What is the charge of our natural disposition anyway? I don't beleive it to be neutrality, thats an active choice too and weather people realise it or not "pay attention next time ya do), they probably first have to stuff a lot causing blocks deep below, be it positive or negative energy for neutrality to come to the conscious fore front.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: The Nature of Stress [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3442564 - 12/03/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, how ya been sexy?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Nature of Stress [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3442576 - 12/03/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:jammingout: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3442632 - 12/03/04 05:00 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was just thinking through this more using people I know as representive examples.

I came to see this. If you force yourself to be something other then what you naturaly feel at the moment, that force will create stress on the body.

People who feel negative naturally and force themselves to "pretenstiously look and appear positive are putting themselves under major stress.

However, if one feels joyfull and optimistic NATURALLY probably due to attitude and supportive environmental influences and experiences, then being positive is not creating stress on the body.

This came about when swami pointed out how negative types who express their negativity tend to be phsyical healthier and live longer then types who appear positive.

if ones positivity is a phoney forced pretense, ya I can see it taking you down and out quicker then one who is acting in resosnance with their emotional state- be it what it may.

I was thinking of an example of someone generally being joyfilled and optimistic naturally and pretending to be negative and to see the bad. Think of an instance where you have done it. Like me at a funeral. I would be being phoney if I acted all distraught at my grandmothers funeral who lived a long healthy happy life, just to look like I had feelings or something because people expect you to be that way at certain times and places.

It would be stressful for me to pretend to be down when I am naturally not.

Open to other considerations on this.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3442939 - 12/03/04 06:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
:jammingout: :heart:

LMAO! don't ask me Y cauz i don't know, but i found your response funny, been hitting those Pina coloda's again have we?  :grin:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: The Nature of Stress [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3442947 - 12/03/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Just my way of saying I've been jamming good and returning the love.

:heart: :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3442985 - 12/03/04 06:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That's all any of us can really do Jiggster is to spread the  :heart:  :thumbup: :thumbup:

:smirk:

:grin:

:wink:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3442994 - 12/03/04 06:21 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

And eat peanut butter.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3443068 - 12/03/04 06:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

And hot crotch buns, wait a sec, did i really just say that here in S & P? :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #3443108 - 12/03/04 07:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm glad you posted this as I too think it deserved more attention.

Trying to please people or behave the way you think they expect you to behave takes a lot of energy. Keeping quiet and holding in what you really want to say out of politeness can create a bad build up if not released later.

If a person is negative in an honest way, and can express that without hurting someone or obsessing on their negativity, then that would seem a more healthy lifestyle than the quiet polite bottled up positive person.

A large part of what we may perceive as negative is really just honesty anyway. It is considered negative because it was not what someone wanted to hear, or was spoken at an "inappropriate" time or place. It's just not nice to call someone fat, but in many countries that's exactly what they do with a fat stranger on the bus.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: The Nature of Stress [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #3443292 - 12/03/04 08:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

gettinjiggywithit: You are fucking brilliant! Thank you!!!

I needed this...check the last post I made :/

I tried to take it out on the forum, and didn't think about reading this or any other posts first either...haha...

This made my day! Thank you - truly! Great post!! I was negative, just until now - I realized why! Even though I really knew it deep down, I needed to hear it from somebody else! :laugh:

Whats so funny about peace love and understanding? :wink:

Edit: I have been pretending too much lately, my mind is TIRED!!! I don't know why, I don't really want to - its just that everything comes out of me backwards....

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Edited by slaphappy (12/03/04 08:13 PM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3443350 - 12/03/04 08:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Good idea about a venting area of the shroomery.  I belong to an ADHD website and we created a venting area. You could go there and yell at someone with whom you had a problem, if you wanted to handle it publicly rather than by private email. 

And it kept the crap off the regular parts of the forum.

Oh, wait.  Doesn't shroomery already have a forum like this?  Called "OTD"???  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Edited by Frog (12/03/04 09:54 PM)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: The Nature of Stress [Re: Frog]
    #3443388 - 12/03/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

froggy how come you took those leggggs down?

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#3443415 - 12/03/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, wait. Doesn't shroomery already have a forum like this? Called "OTD"??? 

Now now young Lady, i will tolerate no dissing of OTD in these here parts  :mad:

:grin:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3443466 - 12/03/04 08:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

bahahahahaha FuK OTd!

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3443615 - 12/03/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
froggy how come you took those leggggs down?

Those are my legs, Lightning.  That's me in my avatar.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

#3443991 - 12/04/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I thought about this recently when trying to figure out why my African cichlid tank was a little sick. The literature defines stress for the fish as the effect of living in non-native/natural conditions, whether this be too low salinity, too high nitrate, ph, temp. If negativity is a natural state for someone at the time, forcing a pretension or facade will be nothing but stressful.

Then I thought about my bonsai collection, or growing pot. When you get a cannabis seedling going, the stems are often weak, and you stress the lil guy by blowing a fan towards him. The stress causes the stem to thicken right up. When training bonsai, techniques to make trunks larger involve hammering the bark or piercing the xylem with a large needle. This stress not only causes the trunk to grow much wider, but adds desirable 'character'.

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleDark_Star
Shilling for Zion
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3444150 - 12/04/04 01:00 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting. Sometimes i'm very spiritual, happy and positive. My positiveness definately projects it's self to other people, and I can shrug off stress easily. It's times like this that I don't care what people think of me. I really, really wish I could be like this all the time but............Eventually stress seems to break me down and I get depressed, withdrawn, irritable and very, very, VERY negative. I usually relapse into self destructive escapist habits during these times and stay like this until something happens (usually a show where I meet all sorts of beautiful people and acid falls into my hands again.) and then boom, I do a 180 an become that vibrant, positive, spiritual human being again. I really wish I could stay that way, but I always seem to slip. This is why I haven't posted in here for so long, I lost my grip on the happy wheel and fell back in the hole again. Recently I've been gaining the good vibes back, but who knows how long this will last. Hopefully forever, but who knows. My life seems to go in cycles  :shrug:. Anyway, fuck stress.

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (12/04/04 01:02 AM)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: The Nature of Stress [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3444191 - 12/04/04 01:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well sure if you pretend to be positive and its just a charade, thats not healthy, but if your actually positive and optimistic that is healthy,

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleDark_Star
Shilling for Zion
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: The Nature of Stress [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3444201 - 12/04/04 01:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, and being negative and pessimistic is definately very unhealthy.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon pH Test Strips

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology