Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: good strain for visuals [Re: Barbi]
    #668314 - 06/08/02 03:40 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Psilocybin is not the only psychoactive compound in mushrooms. Thats the point. Its the main compound, but there are quite a few others. All strains dont contain them all in the same proportion. Hence people claim different strains have different trips. I don't think there is much difference, personally, since the strains are so similar..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
    #668366 - 06/08/02 04:27 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

*sigh* Okay I'm going to address all of your arguments from the start...

If you were dissapointed then eat more.
Psilocybin is psilocybin.
One strain does not give more visuals then another. All it can have is more or less psilocybin.

This is your first argument and it is clearly wrong. As we have said a few times, there are more alkaloids active in shrooms than just psilocybin so there are more variables than just a higher or lower amount of psilocybin.

The more you have, the stronger the trip.
This is not necessarily true (set and setting play a big part in this).. but it's irrelevant in this argument anyway.

yes, but various levels of them does not make it a different 'kind' of trip.. ie. a 'happy' vs a 'religous' etc..
How do you know? What do the various levels of different alkaloids do? They do something.. maybe not to the extent of making a trip happier or religious but there are noticable differences between different strains and species.

it would be the same thing as increasing or decreasing dosage..
Would it? Baeocystin isn't psilocybin.. I would like to see what a trip on pure Baeocystin is like actually... though I know it caused the death of a 7 year old - it supressed his breathing.

I dunno, it seems people here seem to think that one mushroom is a 'body high mushroom' and another is a 'sexy feeling mushroom' and yet another is the 'bad evil we all had bad trips' mushroom.. when, its really just set/setting..
I would tend to agree here that those are related to set and setting. You cannot rule out, however, different effects from different strains or species that could contribute to sending someone on a bad trip - for example, a more visual shroom could result in a greater loss of touch with reality hence increasing anxiety.

Im going to start claming any weed I smoke has random different effects even though THC = THC and the LARGER VARIABLES all reside IN YOUR BODY AND IN YOUR HEAD..
Here you are definitely wrong, because there are a huge amount of active compounds in marijuana. The biggest two being THC and CBD.. Higher CBD content resulting in a stonier couchy high, with a higher THC content resulting in a trippier up-and-go high. Indica dominant plants giving you the couchy high and Sativa dominant plants giving you that intense trippy high.

When scientifically looked at for active ingredients, it was found that psilocybin and psilocin were it. (exception: beocystin((sp?)))
So here you accept that baeocystin is also present, yet you seem to disregard this as having any subjective affect on the trip. Baeocystin isn't psilocybin as I said before...

Just because you body got 25mg(random number for point) one time
and got 25mg the NEXT does NOT MEAN your trip will be ANYTHING close to teh same in intensity, feeling, visuals etc...

Agreed, and here you contradict your earlier point on the more you take the harder you trip.

The discussion was not about the fact that if you eat more, you trip harder.
I was merely pointing out since its such a common question here at the forum that psilocybin is psilocybin

So it is. Baeocystin ain't psilocybin however is it?

one psilo containing shroom has teh same drug as another.. its not 'different'
Really? Go have a look at the psilometric scale that I linked to before. You aren't talking about strains here, you are talking about all psilocybin containing shrooms.. and the differences are documented.

I *DID* state that there was different AMOUNTS in different strains, and that yes, that could cause your trip to be different.
And I'll say it again.. there's more than just different amounts of psilocybin.. there are other alkaloids that fluctuate.

However, there is no 'lovey strain' and a 'mind trip only strain' or 'man these EQ's are pure visual and no mind trip at all!' kind of strains.
This may be quite true. Set and setting are more important here, but differences can be seen between species and between strains.

The point is taking more OBVIOUSLY screws you up and you might trip differently. but no 'strain' has any more of a feel then taking more or less of psilocybin.
Nope, see above.

There is no psilocybin that only makes you happy.
agreed.

There is no psilocybin that only makes you sad.
uhuh.

There is no psilocybin that only makes you get OEVs and no mind fuck.
right-o.

There is no psilocybin that is a 'bad trip' everytime.
mais oui.

This was th entire point im making because there seems to be a thread every 2 days started by someone who thinks equadors are always 'bad' and XXXX strain always gives happy thoughts..
If that was your point then I agree. Howeve it wasn't..

its bullshit. your body has almost ALL the variables going on that will determine what your trip is like. I have eaten 6 hits of LSD and had a GREAT time.. and they were strong as hell. I have eaten one hit and thought I was being chased by mind sucking monster..
I agree here.. your keyword being 'almost ALL the variables'.

PLEASE stick with the current argument and reread what I previously posted as I requested before.
I suggest that if you haven't already, you read this entire post

I am talking about same strain. I was also discussing cubies which was the question at hand.. I also stated the EXCEPTION was beocystin.
No you weren't. And I quote (again) 'one psilo containing shroom has teh same drug as another.. its not 'different' ' and yes you did state the exception was baeocystin but you somehow chose to forget about it.

The comparision was being made between GENERILIZED cubensis strains which DO NOT VARY that much.
What do you mean by 'that much'? The potency varies and hence it's quite probable that the ratio does as well.

Anyway.. you were right on some points but it seems your initial argument evolved.. your initial premise *was*, however, wrong.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: good strain for visuals [Re: ]
    #669345 - 06/08/02 10:09 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

Offlinemad_scientist
    #671520 - 06/10/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I can't believe that I started all of this exitement with just one little post. funny huh

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale