Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Lophophora grow information?
    #6684712 -

Hey so I've peeked into this section of the forums a few times and always see people growing peyote. I'm very interested in all of this but was wondering what resources there are out there for the cultivation of these cacti. Is there a shroomery-esque forum site for cacti or any sort of comprehensive links? I'd very much like more reading material on the subject and couldn't find much more than just scattered information and general guidelines here so far.

Also I was wondering where people in the US would obtain other plants to graft buttons onto. I did a search a while back and found that a lot of plants being referred to in these threads were only being sold by loph. vendors who are in the European Union somewhere.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: PoC]
    #6685860 -

u should spend more time in this forum, search some posts on the subject :tongue:

erowid has some info...


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6685894 -

I've actually looked at a lot of posts but most are very specific. I also read a couple cultivation documents and while they're good information, it doesn't get too in detail so I thought I'd ask for a good starting point to get into this.

There's no other forums that specialize in the cultivation of peyote like the shroomery does with mushrooms? There's no great popular book like Stamet's The Mushroom Cultivator on the topic? Because I've searched around elsewhere and here, I know that the erowid info isn't even scratching the surface of the how to grow these cacti.

Is the only option going to be reading posts about anything related to Lophos. and piecing together how to do this?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: PoC]
    #6686166 -

it is very simple same as all the cacti info on here after it is planted in whatever soil you mix or choose then just water

more in the summer almost nothing in the winter


--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: royer]
    #6686203 -

do a search here for the latin name. also check "Una" posts for good grafting pictos. there are may books that talk about it, and a few that are solely on them. "Peyote: the divine cactus" is one good one. i dont think there will ever be as much in peyote as mushrooms, peyote=5+ years. mushrooms=5+ weeks. either way there is a lot of info. most forums that talk cacti talk peyote but i dont think there are many specfic loph forums. ones like this and a few others are the best resources i think. the garden really has a lot of info on them, unfortunatly it takes time to read it all.


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: PoC]
    #6686799 -

PatternOfChaos said:
Is the only option going to be reading posts about anything related to Lophos. and piecing together how to do this?



yup.

there isnt much specific information on cultivation of the species.
general cactus growing info is about as close as u will get.

just like any other cacti, they like full sun, high temps, free draining soil, plenty of water when they are growing, little when they are dormant... dont over water... easy!


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: kadakuda]
    #6686821 -

kadakuda said:
"Peyote: the divine cactus"



is probably the best book on the subject,
i havent read it all yet though so im not sure how much cultivation info there is :shrug:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6687682 -

Awesome.  I thought maybe this thread would die out but you guys got all my questions I had answered.  I'll just keep lurking around and reading to satisfy my curiosities I suppose.  Thanks a lot :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: PoC]
    #6691938 -

I found that thenook.org has a cactus section of their forums which has been awesome. Also I was lurking and found this link which is a pretty good read as well: http://www.cactus-mall.com/ccc/

Maybe I'll keep posting links I find here...if there's many to be found.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora grow information? [Re: PoC]
    #6692071 -

PatternOfChaos said:
I found that thenook.org has a cactus section of their forums which has been awesome.



lol i meant to recommend that to u before... but forgot :tongue:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* How do I grow these cacti? imondrug 652 1 08/12/03 04:25 AM
by whole9
* Cacti pics Lizard King 2,407 9 11/08/01 09:51 AM
by Lizard King
* 24 hour photo period for cacti? BigJohnson 2,046 4 04/20/03 09:47 PM
by Anonymous
* What kind of cacti is this? Peyote?!
( 1 2 all )
angryshroom 4,908 22 08/14/02 09:14 AM
by CLuB99
* Any mescaline containing cacti in these PICS? HagbardCeline 7,938 13 07/10/03 04:30 AM
by Agarico
* Peyote Cultivation cxz 4,248 8 07/15/01 09:12 PM
by Anonymous
* Lophophora Williamsii seeds LCid 18,750 7 09/30/02 04:17 PM
by rosewoodpete
* Lophophora williamsii reite 2,374 6 06/27/02 05:44 PM
by psyconaut

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,768 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 26 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.