Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought...
    #6582601 -

So I went cold turkey last uh, august I believe and was doing well until I turned 21. I started up again. Now I'm pulling in almost a pack of cloves a day, (I'm avoiding migrating to regular cigs because I'll smoke two packs a day, and you'll have to show me scientific proof that cloves are worse than cigs, because I've looked and found more scientific evidence against that statement than for it).

Oh well, I'll try again soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Maverick]
    #6582623 -

tell me about it, ive quit smoking about 15 times now. Motherfuckers just wont leave me alone.


--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)



Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: coda]
    #6582662 -

Theres a reason you see people smoking in front of cancer centers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... *DELETED* [Re: Maverick]
    #6582672 -

Post deleted by xurzax

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Maverick]
    #6582685 -

I was never really into tobacco....shit just didn't do it for me, though I can see how people get really hooked on it. I have plenty of friends that have quit heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine, etc, etc......and still haven't (can't or won't???) quit smoking.

Just try looking at it down the line man....

You can do anything, all you have to do is believe.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: xurzax]
    #6583064 -

xurzax said:
If you read the side of a box of clove smokes and compare it to a box of normal smokes you'll notice that cloves have almost twice as much nicotine, tar, ect. They also last twice as long though, so it kind of evens out.



Prove it. There is nothing on the side of any of my clove boxes that say that. Nor is there any scientific proof. It's a blend of 70% tobacoo and 30% clove.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Maverick]
    #6583078 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Maverick]
    #6583098 -

Your own source said:
However, smoke yields from standardized machine-smoking analysis indicated it delivered more nicotine, carbon monoxide (CO), and tar than conventional cigarettes.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Boom]
    #6583123 -

I take Effexor XR 75mgs daily, and with it I can quit whenever I feel like it and have no cravings at all, I won't even think about it. I just smoke to get a nice little mild dopamine rush a couple times a day. I roll my own cigs, it's a lot cheaper. I buy Bugler tobacco, comes with papers too.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: UncleLuke]
    #6583131 -

Yeah, but can you quit Effexor cold turkey? :strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Boom]
    #6583154 -

Read the whole article for once in your life.

Increases in venous plasma nicotine and exhaled CO after smoking the clove cigarette (17.4 ng/ml; 6 ppm) were similar to those after own brand (17.6 ng/ml; 4.5 ppm). Maximal changes in heart rate (HR), systolic, and diastolic blood pressures (BP) did not differ significantly between the clove and own brand of cigarette. Compared to their own brand of cigarette, the clove cigarette was rated as better tasting and being distinctly different. Our findings indicate that clove cigarettes deliver significant quantities of nicotine, CO, and presumably other toxic components of tobacco smoke. Taste satisfaction, aromatic odor, and novelty may contribute to their appeal to young smokers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Boom]
    #6583159 -

Booooom said:
Yeah, but can you quit Effexor cold turkey? :strokebeard:



Fuck no. That's what I hate about Effexor. I think it'd harder to get off of than heroin.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: UncleLuke]
    #6583169 -

I quit smoking cigs.

It was hard but not that hard. The dreams are what killed me. I would always have these super vivid dreams about cigarettes, and always woke up wanting one really bad.

But nothing that wasn't controlable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: UncleLuke]
    #6583173 -

Quote:
The nicotine content of a popular clove cigarette (Djarum Special) filler averaged 7.4 mg; conventional cigarettes contained 13.0 mg.



Quote:
However, smoke yields from standardized machine-smoking analysis indicated it delivered more nicotine, carbon monoxide (CO), and tar than conventional cigarettes.




Okay, so fill everyone in on the facts. It delivers more nicotine, but has less. So that's just saying that regular cigarettes are just ineffective at delivering nicotine, and clove cigarettes are better, therefor require less nicotine per cigarette to have the same affects.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Maverick]
    #6583186 -

what are trying to do? convince yourself that is better to smoke cloves than regular cigarettes?

there are enough chemicals in both to give one person plenty of cancer.

i don't think there is any point to saying one is better than the other.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: daytripper05]
    #6583343 -

The hard part is the psychological attachment to them. Physical cravings cease after about three days. Substitute the habit for something more constructive. I believe that you can trip yourself out of the psychological addiction if that is what you're searching for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: KingDavid]
    #6583353 -

Quitting can be very hard for some, esp when they really don't want to quit. If you want to quit, it makes it a lot easier.


--------------------
Boys are for girls... MEN are for LADIES!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: GrEEniE]
    #6583396 -

I really don't want to quit, but I do...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: Maverick]
    #6583398 -

i quit smoking about 5 years ago now. Once i did i was happy. I dont see how you can go back, after quitting, they just smell and taste so bad, my wife finally quit in january, cold turkey too, im really proud of her. The only way to do it in my opinion is if you really want to, and for yourself, not anyone else. Then it is easy. I smoked for 8 years by the way, and my wife 13...

peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Quitting cigs is a lot harder than I thought... [Re: supra]
    #6583610 -

I agree with greenie...Just fucking commit and it's not so hard.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quitting Smoking
( 1 2 all )
JustSomeGuy 4,435 20 07/23/16 08:38 AM
by Buddy Boy
* who smokes cigs and why?
( 1 2 3 all )
bandaid 7,816 50 07/19/04 10:43 PM
by Entropic
* Xanax? Effexor XR?
( 1 2 all )
theuser 4,793 39 11/03/05 04:53 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Quitting Marijuana
( 1 2 all )
frank_grimes 5,958 34 02/02/03 05:35 AM
by Killjoy
* Eclipse cigs are the Shiznatt
( 1 2 all )
CultyVader 2,526 20 04/14/03 03:39 PM
by CultyVader
* long term nicotine quitters
( 1 2 all )
shaggy101 2,766 21 04/01/04 12:51 AM
by FirstAvailable
* Very interesting article on cigs, radiation, and cancer READ _Shrew_ 2,197 6 11/07/03 11:18 PM
by Quintessence
* The Harder They Come Ripple 1,209 7 09/22/03 02:18 PM
by Big Fi52

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,639 topic views. 7 members, 15 guests and 164 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.