Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help.
    #657455 -

My pressure cooker does not display what PSI it is currently at. It just has that rocker thing at the top that lets steam out.

Can I just PC the jars in there for a certain amount of time, without knowing the PSI? Whatever the PSI is, the water is still gonna be boiling. What should I do?


--------------------
Disclaimer: Everything I've typed is of a fictional nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: greenlight]
    #657510 -

Green, you didn't happen to get your PC at Wallmart, did you? I have the SAME problem. My PC says it will cook at a maximum of 15PSI, but it too just uses the rocker thing. HOW ANNOYING.
-Scott

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: Romulusguy]
    #657514 -

I have the same one. You are supposed to build pressure then turn your heat down til the rocker gently rocks. No big deal. I have had great success with mine. Just remember to start timing when the rocker begins to rock.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: Romulusguy]
    #657520 -

Romulus: no, my PC is just an old one that a family member had sitting around.


--------------------
Disclaimer: Everything I've typed is of a fictional nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: greenlight]
    #657562 -

After the 'rocker' begins to do its thiing, let it cook for no less that One Hour- in that time, nothing, nothing that can harm your substrate can live .
Even at the lowest psi, one hour cook time will kill all germies.
Good luck
-OoD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: Anonymous]
    #657567 -

Thanks. Now I'll just pray to the mushroom gods for results.


--------------------
Disclaimer: Everything I've typed is of a fictional nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: greenlight]
    #658080 -

Yeah, mine has a weight as well, but it has three peices that can be removed to acheive different pressures, 15, 10, or 5 PSI. If I leave the whole thingy on top of the valve it's always 15 PSI.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: greenlight]
    #658118 -

I have the same PC from walmart works great for me.
PC JARs for about an hour
have a constent stream of steam.
havent had any problem with my PC yet very happy with it
peace


--------------------
Ive come from a distant planet for earth's woderful natrual drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: mushman420]
    #658463 -

READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL!! The rocker IS the pressure guage. Different models vary in construction, but I have a Mirro 8qt PC (which I bought at Wal-Mart).

The rocker has three weights. For 5lbs you use the bottom weight only, for 10lbs you use the bottom and middle weights and for 15lbs (which we need for jars) is the entire rocker assembled in all three pieces (it looks like a small globe when all 3 are together). I followed Anno's TEK and he says to bring the PC to a boil over medium high heat (I let it start at medium high then after 10 minutes boosted it to high heat...to avoid cracking the jars). Once the rocker starts to bobble/move around...you lower the heat back to medium until a smooth, soft consistent flow of steam is coming out of the rocker but without it moving. THIS is where you start timing your cooker. I let it sit for an hour at this point. I let it cool over night and it worked perfectly!!

Hope this helps.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: Boppity604]
    #658523 -

I got mine from WalMart, as well. It has a round thing with 3 holes that sits on top. Each hole is a PSI, 5, 10 and 15. I didn't pay that much for it, either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: SalsaShark]
    #659121 -

I didn't buy my PC, it was just available to me. I has only one rocker, no 5/10/15 increments. I'm not sure what the pressure will end up being. Theoretically, it won't matter *that* much, as long as the *temperature* is high enough.


--------------------
Disclaimer: Everything I've typed is of a fictional nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: greenlight]
    #659253 -

since we're dealing with saturated water/vapour, temperature *is* pressure. It's impossible for water or steam to reach more than 100 degrees C at atmospheric pressure. At 15psi, water and steam can reach 121 degrees C, thats what kills the bugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: greenlight]
    #659389 -

Greenlight, as Boppity said, the weighted rocker IS the gauge. Your pressure cooker is designed around the concept that when the rocker is rocking, the pressure inside the pot is 15 psi. That's 250F, a whole 38F hotter than boiling water.

Start timing when the rocker is rocking. For consistency, the rocker should just moving. If it's moving, you've got 15 psi. If not, stop the timer until it is. . . .:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pressure Cooker Question, PLEASE help. [Re: Dex_Detrimental]
    #659476 -

Boppity, while I certainly appreciate your helping, its a no brainer to read the manual that came with the pressue cooker BEFORE coming on here and asking questions. Unfortunatly, the manual for my PC was a piece of sh.it that mentioned nothing about PSI, just that the cooker was able to acheive it. But you have all answered my questions, so thanks :-)
-Scott

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pressure Cooker Question Elendril 1,431 5 05/26/02 05:03 PM
by Elendril
* EZ Pressure Cooker Question. JayBin 1,910 1 12/03/01 08:35 PM
by razer
* Help, Pressure cooker question Deviant 2,222 5 09/19/01 05:41 PM
by Deviant
* pressure cooker question mikearch 2,684 12 08/23/02 12:52 PM
by mikearch
* Pressure cooker question stwangetweezer 1,848 11 07/27/02 08:33 AM
by ShroomyMcPot
* Pressure Cooker Question NFG_Getupkid 1,240 4 07/01/02 09:14 AM
by goolag
* Pressure Cooker Question? Phake_ld 926 4 11/19/01 11:07 PM
by Phake_ld
* Oh no, the dredded pressure cooker question RageOholic67 1,055 2 11/20/02 08:07 PM
by RageOholic67

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,113 topic views. 16 members, 96 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.