Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names
    #650911 -

my friend has fucked up...he has 14 1/2 pints that are just about fully colonized with 2 different strains but he forgot to label them...what would you do...he thinks cakes are a waste.. he was thinking about spawninfg some dung which he would later case...what do you think? what would you do.. the jars are BRF....he would have to use each individual jar to spawn each individual bag of dung... if you guys think he should go with a bulk tek like spawning dung, how much dung would you use per 1/2 pint of brf? i feel bad for him cause this is his 1st grow...oh well, you learn from mistakes i guess...thanks all....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: strang]
    #650934 -

I would tell him to go cakes.. maybe try a FEW of them with the dung. For a first grow.. dung seems a little like diving into the deep end don't cha think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: ShroomNewb]
    #651087 -

i am helping him so i dont want to use cakes.... cakes are a waste in my eyes.... i have had many successful grows in the past...anyone else have any input?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: strang]
    #651102 -

you can mix all the jars together, in the long run the different strains will compete and the stronger one will win and result in the fruiting body. Or

Take each cake and spawn 1 gallon or 5 pounds of poo per cake, u can use less .... but not more

or case each half pint by itself, 1 half pint can do a small loaf or small pound cake pan, mis some shit in with that too if ya want.

The possibilities are endless, your kinda just limited though because you can only use 1 jar per case/spawn

but if u did mix them the mycelium would just compete and teh stronger would win...

hope that helps
indicaz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: strang]
    #651318 -

A couple of years ago when I first got interested in this hobby the first thing I did was buy a book by Oss and Oeric ( i forgot the name). The method that they suggested for casing was to simply case the actual jar. Most likely there is a little room from the top of the substrate to the top of the jar. They said to put your casing layer on and then cover the sides of the jars with aluminum foil to keep light off the mycelium. Then they should fruit like usual. The only thing I have ever done is casings and recently I tryed cakes just to see the difference. After a lot of patience I have determined that I would not piss on cakes to put out a fire. So I am currently doing this method with those two jars. I cased and covered the sides of the jars like two days ago so I guess I'll see if it actually works or not. This method was published in a fairly reputable book so I am assuming it works. I don't know try it and see for yourself.


--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: StainBlue]
    #651398 -

yeah ive heard the same thing actually fruting from a jar, casing the jar etc

tell me how it works

indicaz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: StainBlue]
    #651403 -

i will probably just help him spawn individual bags of dung then case then individually...this will just take up more space then he expected..hey staind, keep us posted on how you experiment goes... seems like the surface area available would limit the number of shrooms that it would produce...but who knows.. thats for the input guys....if anyone else has anything to add i would greatly appreciate it...thanks..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: strang]
    #651730 -

I have thought about the surface area thing too. And this is what I've come to the conclusion of. When you make a casing you usually have a certain depth of the substrate/casing layer. So by doing the jar method what you are essentially doing is cutting a circular area out of a casing. So I think the results will be comparable. The only flaw I have found is that the casing layer itself isn't as thick as it would be if you did a casing in a pan so that will most likely affect the size of the fruits, yeild, etc. I don't know it's better to try and save spawn than it is to toss it out I think so I'm givin it a whirl. I will keep you all posted on the outcome. Should know in about a week.


--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: StainBlue]
    #653544 -

another possibility.....has anyone ever put a spacer of some sort in a casing that had two different strains in it to keep them seperate...since the dumbass forgot to label them i thought this might be the best alternative for him...what do you guys think...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: strang]
    #653843 -

Post deleted by administrator.


--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: ralphster44]
    #653917 -

thanks for the input ralph but i think i will let him try the seperator in the casings..i want his 1st grow to be as successful as possible...we might do 1 casing with 2 jars and see what happens..we got a 50/50 chance...later...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 14 1/2 pints, 2 strains, no names [Re: strang]
    #654040 -

I wish you guys luck. Get us informed.


--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 1/4 pint, 4oz, Jars TheJerk 1,819 6 02/11/02 03:05 PM
by homage_etd
* 1/2 pints back at Wal-Mart Buddha5254 1,732 15 02/11/03 02:49 PM
by Room4Shroom
* pic of the Z strain
( 1 2 all )
NITRIC 3,948 30 09/08/01 03:11 PM
by Karen
* real strain lost & buzzed 588 2 10/31/02 12:29 PM
by Skikid16
* Easiest Newbie Strains indicaz 3,363 14 06/30/02 04:01 AM
by Roadkill
* STRAIN INFO indicaz 764 2 05/18/02 07:14 PM
by Roadkill
* hot strains lost & buzzed 930 9 10/16/02 05:00 AM
by Zen Peddler
* P Strain Not pinning strain 3,910 7 04/22/26 04:15 AM
by Captb33

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,072 topic views. 8 members, 181 guests and 137 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.