Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
Loc: Tu hablas el Spanglish??
who uses lights in there incubator?ANNO?
    #652202 - 05/29/02 10:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ANNO, I know that I always come to you for advice, anyone is welcome to answer, Its just that I value his opinion as well as everyone elses....

I have in the past not used lights in my incubator, (christmas lights, etc.) in the past I mainly did bulks sub's in myco bag's-colonized., cased let to inderect light through a clear rubbremaid--- and there you go, but now Im doing jars for a hydrapod,, so I have looked at many teks, some mention it and some do not, should I or should'nt I give the growing jars light? I have read about pre-mature cake pinning, and such, but if I don't use a applicable light source, am I setting myself up for failure? ( I don't think so) just slowing down the process of fruiting? most of the TEKS arent very clear on the light during incubation issue,

i have put some jars, in the pod, that had no light during incubation, so now I do have light on the from above, a 40 watt ,far enough away to not cause heat for 12 hours a day, I assume that pins will start in about a week, so In the end
light or not to light, what do some of you people do?

thanks ...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlpheratus
Loc: neo berlin
Re: who uses lights in there incubator?ANNO? [Re: nw2shroom]
    #652220 - 05/29/02 10:24 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

dont put light into your incubator... light is a triger for pinning.. unless you want to fruit invitro (inside the jars), wich i dont think you do cause you have a hydropod. Incubate in total darkness... fruit in light...

they just need ligh to know wich way to grow. they do not photosynthesise like plants do, so they only need a little light now and then.

Good luck!

--------------------
blasted holes into night until she bled sunshine

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#652290 - 05/29/02 11:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think you need Anno's opionion from this one.

Mycelium doesnt grow, or grows a lot slower in light than it does in the dark. What tek says to use light in incubation? that is silly. Im sorry, but, noone should be using lights in their incubator.

This in turn will cause pinning, but, if they are triyng to get the mycelium to actually grow, you need some sort of strong base. Mushrooms prolly ownt form from small patches in the incubator cause you also need lower temps. If you want to do invirtro just colonize IN DARKNESS till they are 100%. THEN add light nad put them out of the incubator cause oyu need a little drop in temp. Yes they do pin sometimes just in the incubator itself with no light, (or light that has been finding its way into the incubator).

Please dont use light during incubation, that is some very mis-inoformed info you got somewhere ... give me a link to this if you actually have seen this posted or whatever.

Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
Re: who uses lights in there incubator?ANNO? [Re: angryshroom]
    #652301 - 05/29/02 11:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ok i goofed on this one, you know how sometimes you get a idea in youre head, and no matter waht ou will read that idea into whatever you are reading?

to me in generall most of the teks, say that you should colonize fully THEN put them under some type of ;light source,,
but I do remember some teks calling for lights in the incuabtor, when I find them Ill point them out, from what I have searched on the shroomery, many people have the wrong idea about lighting a incubator,, peace
and thanks for the info , laters@!!

Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
    #652310 - 05/29/02 11:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

this is from fanaticus original tek

>>>>>>>>>>>INCUBATION OF INOCULATED JARS
After inoculation of the jars, tighten the lid bands and retape the needle holes. Place the jars in a safe place out of direct sunlight. Indirect light is all that is required. If the temperature is kept around 70 degrees, germination will begin within 3 to 5 days. Germinating spores appear as small white fuzzy spots, quickly growing and spreading with cottony white growth and strandy "rhizomorphs". Any room temperature is O.K. If it gets cold indoors, over head light shinning down on the tops of the jars is a perfect heating technique for this culturing stage. A clamping type light with a reflector works well for this. If this is done, keep the temperature around 70 degrees (don't overheat the jars - monitor the temperature with a thermometer). A warm overall house temperature is fine. But in the overall view, cool temperatures are never a problem. The rule is to not overheat.

im i not reading right or is this misleading at all? really , i cant remember were else I will have to look throught all my book marks, but i remember alot on lighting the incubator, and many people talking about it here ... ill get back to you,,,,,,,,,,

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: who uses lights in there incubator?ANNO? [Re: angryshroom]
    #652324 - 05/29/02 11:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

RE: "Mycelium doesnt grow, or grows a lot slower in light than it does in the dark. What tek says to use light in incubation? that is silly. Im sorry, but, noone should be using lights in their incubator...This in turn will cause pinning"
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Where is the edvidence that light induces pinning?
Where is the edvidence that mycelium/'shrooms grow slower in light?

Im, sorry... we have to like totaly disagree on these two points. (' all other enviromental factors being equall)

I see nothing wrong with using an incadesent light bulb for a heat source in an incubator (I hear that it's been done)... however I also see no other advantage than use as a heat source at this stage.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (05/30/02 12:33 AM)

OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Re: who uses lights in there incubator?ANNO? [Re: Jammer]
    #652490 - 05/30/02 05:04 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I was incubating 12 EQ jars not too long ago. Well, they were like 75% colonized when one got contams....so I removed this jar from the incubator. But the temperature difference wasnt that great inside the incubator anyway. Well, I had the other one just sitting outside of it getting just about the same heat. And in just a couple days that one started pinning invitro. By the time they were all done, this one had 4 mushrooms grown inside. And I think it was the light and not so much the temperature change. Just my opinion....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation