Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
LEAP video
    #6508640 -



--------------------
futuretribe.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6508658 -

kickass, thumbs up to these guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: memes]
    #6508672 -

Love em!


--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Nalim]
    #6508727 -

hey people with brains!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6511012 -

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6511173 -

I love the guys from LEAP, we should all spread their videos around as much as possible, they need all the help they can get, they are up against allot.
And they bring a unique perspective and credibility to the larger public you often don't see in the legalization movement.


--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/30/07 05:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6511310 -

Yes, they aren't lazy stoners :smirk:

Spread the video everyone! At least do something!

It looks like most Shroomerites already gave up the fight or even agree with the war on drugs to some extent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Annom]
    #6511323 -

I posted a big plea for everyone to do their part months ago and not many people seemed to care. Sure I was ranting about my new printer(copier scanner) and saying we should all share images, and posters etc, and it did come off as a rant.

But my heart was in the right place. Think about it, certain things will have a local flavor, but we CAN still share allot of anti drug war fryers, PDF's, graphics etc. I even asked for a sticky(and I made a passioned plea, written quite neat)
Not many people cared :nonono:

I try and raise awareness and anger about many issues but with this particular issue, I think many users are afraid of appearing as a anti-drug war activist in their town. Weather its fear of the police or public scrutiny allot of people just don't seem willing to TRY and change things. Or they don't care at all, which is far more depressing, although I hope those that don't care at all are in the minority.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6511335 -

Yeah, I'm not doing as much as I would, but I really DO care!

I'm the one on the right holding the banner, a legalize demonstration in Amsterdam:




This might make me look more active than I actually am, but I do care.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Annom]
    #6511345 -

Nice pic :thumbup: I love the look or Amsterdam. And the dutch culture.
My GF's family is dutch, they make awesome food :smile:  (although she is adopted)
Some of them are dicks though. But many of them are really cool.
"EAT HEARTY!!" (I love that :smile: ) Dont know how to wriute it in dutch :wink:

Its funny people always seem to assume drugs are legal in Amsterdam(and Holland) they don't realize that the government tolerates coffee shops, they are still illegal.

I noticed you guys ended up with some real fucked up right wingers as of late, you know, immigrant hating backward as can be types...(or maybe I'm wrong)  at least from some of the articles I was reading here in Canada it seemed like things were about to go the other way there for awhile, and a bunch of shops were going to be closed. :sad:

As far as I understand they have put a freeze on any new coffee shops, correct?


--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/30/07 07:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6511378 -

Quote:
I noticed you guys ended up with some real fucked up right wingers as of late, you know, immigrant hating backward as can be types...(or maybe I'm wrong) at least from some of the articles I was reading here in Canada it seemed like things were about to go the other way there for awhile, and a bunch of shops were going to be closed. :sad:

As far as I understand they have put a freeze on any new coffee shops, correct?



Yes, we are under 5 years of conservative fake-liberal and a mainly Christian government. The good old days of progressive dutch drug policy are over. Immigrant hating is a major problem here now and there isn't much left of the "typical" dutch tolerance. I was very proud of the rational and tolerant way our old more social-liberal government used. There isn't much left of that.

I can't quote this right now but if I remember correct, over 40% of all coffee shops closed nationwide the last 5 years. They try everything they can to close them.

We had elections a few months ago and we probably end up with a major Christian government again, but this time they will have to gov with a social party. They are trading different political issues right now and I hope the social party won't trade drug policy for something else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Annom]
    #6511394 -

Thanks for the update. Its worse then I thought, fuck man, that sucks. :nonono:
I cant believe people can run as "Christian politicians" what about a separation of church and state.

You guys NEED to keep it as open as possible over there, without you, many of us lose a great reference point for our efforts. We can't say "well it works in Holland" , if quite literally, it doesn't and the coffee shops are closed.

Good Luck. I wish you all the best in your fight.
I will be holding down my end here.
  ..................^^^^^^^^^^:shake:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6511423 -

Local governments of the large cities are still ok though. They don't have as much power as states in the USA, but can still make a minor difference in how they execute the laws, and they speak up sometimes, LEAP style!

The large majority of the mayors of the large cities is for fully legalizing weed, including growing.

All but the christian and one conservative-racist party are pro legalization of weed. They are a bit scared for international problems though. For example, some high USA politician said they would boycot export to the USA from our large harbour and airport(indirect enconomic sanctions) if we legalize weed. :mad2:

Edited by Annom (01/30/07 07:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: Annom]
    #6511454 -

America bullies another country yet again, through trade, to get said country to follow the domestic rules America approves of what a load of bullshit. :crankey:

Often people say to me: "ya but if we legalize the states will punish us big time" (or one of many similar statements)  Fuck we are our own country!!
This situation is awash in hubris, and America is spewing more then its share.

I truly think that this IS a global fight, if we don't ALL chip in, and work hard we will never have the basic freedoms we desire. A loss for one really is a loss for all when you begin to think about the big picture.

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/30/07 08:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LEAP video [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6511935 -

Solid synchronicity!.. I just received that promo video in the mail along with BUSTED: A Guide to Surviving Police Encounters, as well as the text Drug War Facts (5th ed).  These all came around from a donations I made to stopthedrugwar.org and I should have another perk comin' in from the MarijuanaPolicyProject too. :laugh:

The one thing about the LEAP video I would've preferred to see, is currently employed officers speaking out.  If memory serves, everyone interviewed was retired from the force.  It's a start though!  For a great text on this issue, check out Judge James P Gray's Why Our Drug Laws Have Failed, and What We Can Do About It.


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Conservative christian right wing Republican straight white American males... Hooty 1,048 2 02/02/05 12:43 AM
by blissedout
* The Hippy Cafe, London Ontario (My Video) Irradiated_Feces 1,820 7 07/08/05 07:12 AM
by drtyfrnk
* 30 hornets VS 30,000 bees video
( 1 2 all )
T85 5,137 37 06/03/05 10:13 PM
by dr0mni
* Check out my band's first music video.
( 1 2 all )
searching 1,694 23 03/03/18 10:19 AM
by Patlal
* Stability vs. Amsterdam
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
LearyfanS 8,494 82 06/07/05 05:29 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Amsterdam Druggie04 482 1 06/08/05 06:37 PM
by Circlesongs
* Have you become more liberal or conservative?
( 1 2 all )
mantis 4,226 24 04/29/05 03:10 PM
by Rono
* moving to amsterdam
( 1 2 all )
matt66 5,130 22 06/10/04 11:35 AM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,853 topic views. 6 members, 4 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.