Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Agar Questions:
    #6506341 -

Who do you get your agar supplies from?

I'm wanting to get started again in agar, and would like your most esteemed opinion on a supplier. Yes, I have searched the vendors, and most are comparably priced. P.M. me if you have another source.

I haven't worked with agar since A.P. biology in high school, and I've only worked with it (never mixed or poured it). I had the cleanest transfers and cultures of the entire class, and my cultures turned out even better than the teacher's cultures.

I am also wondering how different would transferring mycelium be as compared to working with bacterial cultures? Do you (personally) use an inoculation loop or some other transferal technique?


--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Questions: [Re: RoachMan]
    #6507720 -

Quote:
Who do you get your agar supplies from?




Sporeworks!~

I have been buying most of my agar supplies from them for years now...
yeah I could save money probably buying it elsewhere...
but it's top quality stuff...
and I support a Shroomery Vendor by doing so!~

and they have never let me down!~
:smile:


I do agar transfers using a Scalpel or an Exacto knife.

I only use an inoculation loop when I'm spreading a drop of spore solution around on a petri dish.


If you have any more agar questions...
please feel free to pm me for help!~


tc


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Questions: [Re: Roadkill]
    #6515356 -

RK do you do your agar work in that still air box?


--------------------

Edited by xhooliganx (02/21/07 01:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar Questions: [Re: xhooliganx]
    #6515844 -

xhooliganx said:
RK do you do your agar work in that still air box? 








yes I do


:yesnod:


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Agar question sill_o_cin 4,248 4 11/21/01 05:23 PM
by sill_o_cin
* might be an advance agar question
( 1 2 all )
fugu 11,685 33 02/05/03 06:45 AM
by fugu
* Agar questions-I may have goofed blahblahblah 3,652 8 07/22/25 07:32 PM
by Brainless Goblin
* handle agar question fugu 1,946 10 02/12/03 08:11 AM
by tripndicular
* Re: Attn: ShroomGod, agar questions vivid 3,018 9 01/12/00 03:49 PM
by Anonymous
* Agar Questions cantara 5,772 6 08/09/01 06:22 AM
by ar393
* Agar Questions - Fluffy cloud like Growth indicaz 2,130 9 01/30/03 01:01 PM
by Anonymous
* Agar Question TerribleInstict 1,515 4 11/10/01 11:40 PM
by anima

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
949 topic views. 18 members, 114 guests and 289 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.