Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

#649772 - 05/28/02 04:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I dont really have enough time during the day to fan my fruiting chamber(maby like twice a day is all that I can really do, one in the morning and then at night when I get back), so I was just wondering if everyone would think that this would work. If I have a rubber maid container sealed and had 1 air pump with the tube running in at the top of the chamber to bring fresh air into the chamber, then I had another air pump inside the chamber with a hose that was running out of the chamber to push the air inside the chamber out. I know I would have to cut a hole so that I can run the wire from the air pump inside the chamber to the outlet so I will seal all the holes in the chamber with silicon so that the chamber is completly sealed. Do ya'll think that this would be a good enough supply of fresh oxgen into the chamber along with the air pump inside bringing all the co2/oxygen from the inside out? I dont know if it would work for the big rubbermaid contair that I have, but I do have a smaller one that can hold one 9x13 size tray so maby it would work better with this one. Anyone have any suggestions?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Question [Re: ]
    #649782 - 05/28/02 04:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, you'll need more than one pump pumping air in for gas exchange, maybe two or three.
You don't need a pump inside pumping out becuase the ones pumping in air will create pressure. This pressure is releived naturally by gas excaping the chamber (gas is pumped in, and it displaces gas out of the chamber)
You'll want to have the pumps pumping in filtered air, so put in in a container with a filter disk opening and seal everything so all the air comming into the pump is first going by the filter. Put a cup full of water an peroxide in the chamber, and put the air tubes into the cup, with an air stone attached to each tube.
Thats should do it. By the way, the more space in your terrarium, the more pumps you'll need. Also, to keep it humidified, put perlite on the bottom with an appropriate amount of water and h2o2. That should do it.

Re: Question [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #649785 - 05/28/02 04:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yea I have perlite already in there for humidty but I defintily will get all the supplies to make it so that I dont really have to fan anymore. Thanks a lot for the reply... I now just have to wait till friday for payday

Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question [Re: ]
    #650213 - 05/28/02 09:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

get a aquarium air pump.....couple hoses......2 air stones......2 glasses....fill glasses with water.....mix the water with H202.....10/1.

you won't have to fan that much with that set up.

Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation