Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
*Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :)
    #648289 - 05/27/02 04:05 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Heyas.. found these today after taking a day off from uni to go shroom hunting They take a while to bruise but they certainly look very similar to a couple of the pics bluemeanie posted. If these are the real deal then does anyone know the dosage difference between these and our typical psilocybe cubensis? I ask with some sense of urgency as we plan to trip pretty soon
Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: *Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :) [Re: _JJ_]
    #648291 - 05/27/02 04:07 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i couldnt tell ya either way but the resemblance is amazing...

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #648388 - 05/27/02 05:01 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Do you live in Australia?
If so, then yes, they are probaly the same mushrooms that bluemeanie found. The only thing that concerns me is that these look a lot like pictures of Galernias that I've seen, and we all know Galernias are deadly. The thing that makes me think they NOT are Galernias is the extreme bluing reaction. These definately look like keepers.
Wait for further conformation from more knowledgable before eating these guys!
If they are one of those crazy aussie mushroom species that I can't remember the name of, then the potency is a lot more than that of cubies.

Hang in there, wait for further identification.

Peace out,
-Gumby

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#648671 - 05/27/02 08:16 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Were the mature ones wavy capped? And were the mature ones more of a belted-colored cap?

The smaller, inmature ones look almost identical...See what the more knowlageable guys say.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #648766 - 05/27/02 10:20 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I'm almost 100% sure those are psilocybes, congrats !
Bluemeanie ?

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: *Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :) [Re: MAIA]
    #648785 - 05/27/02 10:37 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey man
Hope this is urgent enough....but yes those are MAGIC MUSHROOMS! We find those same ones here in New Zealand infact I was just picking some identical to that this morning. For shrooms of that type, a good dosage (if you actually want a decent trip) is about 10 average sized shrooms, for something not toooo full on.
But if its your first time or you are just wanting to 'test' them, try 5, cause taking 10 of those buggers although fun can be too much for some (you will not die though).
But 5 will usually not do anthing more than a bit of a buzz...you try 15 and *whoops* you're in the ELECTRIC NEVERENDING, a neon landscape filled with TWERPSIZZLES and MRENZVILLES! WEEEEEEEE!

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #648794 - 05/27/02 10:49 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

They sure look like cubies to me!

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :) [Re: Jammer]
    #648833 - 05/28/02 12:04 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

heeh. thanks for the help everyone! needless to say we TRIPPED HARD! those are soooo damned potent. We took approx 25grams fresh each.. the most INTENSE trip of my life. Wasn't very productive though.. I had anxiety on the comeup because noone had replied by the time we decided to dose, but based on my knowledge and the very obvious bluing we proceeded.. so I had to take some xanax to calm myself down a bit. Worked a charm..
now to go read some metaphysics while im still in that higher state

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #648871 - 05/28/02 01:08 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Definately Ps.Subaeruginosa - interesting characteristics too with the gills ascending toward the stem so aggressively - classic Subaeruginosa!
ten shrooms?? That would blow you head off!! Which is a good thing!! Great shrooms but always respect these babies or they will make you know it I ate three and a half grams dry once (cubensis dosage) and i lost touch with reality completely - total fear - total mindfuck - totally funky!!

--------------------

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :) [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #648885 - 05/28/02 01:31 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

haha yea it did blow my mind a bit. Wayyyyyy too intense actually.. too much stuff happening all at once. Kinda like sensory overload. I never got the FEAR tho which is good The other person who was trippin had a panic attack though.. xanax saved her.
Xanax seems to be great as an antidote to bad trips methinks. I mean it's always better to attempt to counter the problematic thought processes and gain more control over your mind - but when your anxiety and fear start to run out of your control having something like xanax at hand can be quite useful.
Do the patches keep producing every week or so when it rains? When does the season end?

Cheers

Offlineaussishroomhead
enthusiast
    #648895 - 05/28/02 01:43 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Congrats!! you found your first Psilocybes.
I would eat half of what u got there..
Nice pics aswell.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #648899 - 05/28/02 01:47 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

P. subaeruginosa, nice find and great photo. Try one to two larger ones for a trip. watch out they can be potent and are way more so than P. cubensis.

mj

InvisibleSumGuy
addict

#648907 - 05/28/02 01:58 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

>I had anxiety on the comeup because noone had replied by the time we decided to dose

No offense man but you're fucking dumb... WHAT IF they were deadly... you wouldn't even know and you could have killed yourself... obviously they're not but WHAT IF ... only reason i'm saying something is because obviously you're an amatur if you had to ask ...

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

Edited by SumGuy (05/28/02 01:58 AM)

Invisibletranced2
the runner of it all

Loc: where peace reigns
Re: *Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :) [Re: SumGuy]
    #648915 - 05/28/02 02:11 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

ok i live in michigan, and i came across these exact same (look alike) mushrooms. They were growing on wood chips in my friends front yard. So, i am wondering knowing my location if they might be active (psycoactive) . Anyways, just asking, i will get some more pictures.

--------------------
in trees. fighting bears.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #648930 - 05/28/02 02:29 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

No offense man but you're fucking dumb... WHAT IF they were deadly... you wouldn't even know and you could have killed yourself... obviously they're not but WHAT IF ... only reason i'm saying something is because obviously you're an amatur if you had to ask ...

I'm not an amateur. I've read absolutely heaps on shrooms and grown a fair few doses I was SURE they were safe but you know other people confirming that just gives you peace of mind.. the slightest contemplation can be exemplified into the biggest fear while tripping.

mjshroomer:
Heh well I dosed based on what was written in 'Magic Mushrooms of Australia and New Zealand' (that's by you right?).. It specifies dosage as being the same as for the normal cubies (http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/magic_mushrooms_aunz/magic_mushrooms_aunz2.shtml). So I weighed out 25grams wet for each of us and well.. hyperspace
O well.. I'll know for next time hehe.

InvisibleSumGuy
addict

#649336 - 05/28/02 08:30 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well then there's no point in asking if you're not going to wait for a response.. however good find anyway glad they were good ... sorry for bein such a dick

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

Edited by SumGuy (05/28/02 08:30 AM)

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #649699 - 05/28/02 01:02 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

heh. At the time I asked I wasn't sure.. But after looking around on the net a bit and some closer examination of the shrooms I came to that conclusion

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: *Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :) [Re: tranced2]
    #649873 - 05/28/02 03:47 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Trance, if you found mushrooms that look just like these in Michigan, chances are they are deadly. These guys don't grow in Michigan. My guess, based on habitat, is that you found Deadly Galernias. If they briuse black upon handling and drop a rusty/orange spore print, then they are Galernias.
Don't eat them.

Peace out,
-Gumby

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: *Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :) [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #650172 - 05/28/02 06:59 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

In reply to:

ten shrooms?? That would blow you head off!! Which is a good thing!! Great shrooms but always respect these babies

Yes...We be liking tripping hard in NZ...hehe...but still, 10 doesnt seem THAT powerful to me, and I don't have a tolerance either (moderation to be friendly to the bwainy wain!) When I take these shrooms I usually put them in a stocking and simmer in water for about 5 minutes, then squeeze out the stocking back into the water to get the last of those friendly juices out. I find the potency of this to be comparable to eating them, but the trip is smoother and it tastes a lot better (just toss in a tea bag!) I have taken 12 LARGE ones of these before (fresh, not boiled) - now THAT was INTENSE!
But I agree people should be very careful with these shrooms, I know people who find it totally overwhelming I think everyone should find their own dose level (knew some people recently had a bag of subaeruginosa, thought "these look small, we better have 20 each" needless to say they now never want to take shrooms again...
But 10 subaeruginosa seems the standard dose around here....I dont know about in grams though I will have to weigh it out next time.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: *Urgent* Are these friendly shrooms? :) [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #650379 - 05/28/02 11:48 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Believe me we like triping hard in Aussie too! 10 Subs is a medium to high dosage - of the variety here in oz anyway - you guys in NZ arent eating Australiana by any chance? Stamets says that is less potent.
The subs here are variable - ive eaten as many as 3 grams dry with a farely strong trip, other times three fruits and ive lost touch with reality completely - its funny, you can eat some with no effect - wait hours, then eat one more and trip REALLY hard! Beautiful mushroom and great visuals!
mmm. Try not to simmer those mushrooms too long - heat oxidises psilocin.
BTW - MJ although i think your online book is the best guide ive seen ever for aussie shrooms, just to be safe maybe an update on the dosage would be good to be safe
BTW - what did you think of Aussieshroomhead's pics??

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder