Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
I need gardening tips what to plant
    #6447503 -

OK I have some of the basics chamomile, lavender, peppermint, spearmint, morning glory, kratom, st johns wort, green tea, but this year I want to expand into something different maybe some good aphrodisiac and a little more into stimulants and then more into sedatives also I have done some more research but am unsure I am almost tripling my garden space and need some fresh ideas. I live in central Texas so the climate is mostly hot and humid I do have access to a greenhouse but space there is very limited so I need plants that will survive in this environment and preferably be allowed to be mailed to me with out legal repercussion. thats whats mostly restricting my garden. I appreciate any ideas. and thanks in advance.
peace.


--------------------
Spirals of pain pass my brain sending delicate signals of death I ignite the candle I can not handle the light within my head I grab my gun my death is done could you pull the trigger!!!

Edited by dman_232 (01/11/07 08:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: dman_232]
    #6448100 -

maybe damiana...? it's said to be mild aphrodisiac and to create a 'high' feeling


--------------------

trade list & wanted list

pinning triggers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: brshroomer]
    #6448585 -

Thats one I haven't heard of and it is most likely one I can find in my back yard so to speak. hay thanks
just to expand I am also planing to grow sage, dill, rosemary, chives, poppy, fennel, rose hip, nightshade, Syrian rue, ephedra, passion flower, and then I could go into my veg garden but that doesn't really pertain to this subject.


--------------------
Spirals of pain pass my brain sending delicate signals of death I ignite the candle I can not handle the light within my head I grab my gun my death is done could you pull the trigger!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: dman_232]
    #6449470 -

Lavender is the #1 scent associate with sexual arousal, and orange is the second. I think Chocolate is third. We're talking about smells here. Get some echinechea, elf cherry tomatoes, and some assise hyysopp. All very useful plants. Also, morning glory are easy to grow and grow fast.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: Spring_Sword]
    #6450360 -

"Echinacea products are used as a general nonspecific stimulant to the immune system, supporting and stabilizing cellular immunity and cleansing the blood, for the prevention and treatment of infections."
http://primary.net/~gic/herb/echin.htm
cool its another good one for all around health though not exactly what I'm looking for thanks
I do plan on growing tomatoes and I will grow some cherry tomatoes as well as a variety including romaine, Texas giant.
I tried looking up Assisi hyssop but was successfully is there a link or another name by witch I could find some info
thanks I appreciate your help
I still have a lot of room in the garden and need some fresh ideas


--------------------
Spirals of pain pass my brain sending delicate signals of death I ignite the candle I can not handle the light within my head I grab my gun my death is done could you pull the trigger!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: dman_232]
    #6450761 -

I think he meant " Anise Hyssop, Licorice Mint

Description

Anise hyssop (Agastache foeniculum (Pursh) Ktze., Lamiaceae) is an erect, branched perennial herb with opposite, toothed leaves and square stems. It is a member of the mint family, and has a pleasant anise-like aroma. The leaves are ovate-triangular, green above and with soft grey hairs below. Flowers are purple-blue, two-lipped, in a dense terminal spike 4 - 8 cm long. It blooms from June to September. It grows up to 1 m tall.

History and Uses

Anise hyssop has been used by North American First Nations people as a breath-freshener, as a tea and as a sweetener. An infusion of the herb was used for chest pains, and the roots were used for coughs. Agastache is used in Chinese prescriptions for heatstroke, headache, fever, and angina. Leaves are used as poultices for sores. It is used in dried flower arrangement, and the essential oils are used in perfumes and aromatherapy. It is also a good source of nectar." ..

It smells great. If you grow a ton of it, you can distill it into a potent and powerful oil.


--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: dman_232]
    #6450768 -

More Info

"Cultivation and Processing

Propagation is by seed, which germinates easily, by cuttings, or by root divisions. Seedlings and mature plants transplant easily. Use a complete mineral fertilizer or composted manure before planting in the field. Side-dressing with nitrogen 4 - 5 weeks after seeding will increase yields.

Keep well weeded until about 15 cm (6 in.) tall. Anise hyssop is susceptible to beetle and bug attacks. Seed shattering may cause it to become a weed problem in future crops. It should be harvested at the start of flowering, 45 - 60 days after seeding. Use a sickle blade mower and leave a 6 - 8 in. stubble. This will usually allow for a second cutting after it becomes established in its first year. Yields of 200 - 400 lbs/1000 ft2 (9,000 - 18,000 lbs/acre or 10,000 - 20,000 kg/ha) fresh weight are expected. The essential oil can be obtained by steam distillation, preferably from plants at the bud formation growth stage, but composition varies dramatically with plant variety."


--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #6450908 -

thats probably it, I have thought of that one, but I have the fennel and I don't really care for the licorice flavor though I know anise is better. I use the fennel on fresh fish and in some tea I haven't really got into distillation and don't really have any plans to though I was thanking of brewing some green fairy one day in the distant future right now I am mainly trying to get new ideas on teas and happy mood and mind altering herbs and shrubs and trees too if I can find some that will survive the winter and summers here. I want to make specific teas for arousal and longevity as well as for bed time and then I want to come up with my version of the energy drink without the additives and all natural out of my own garden and greenhouse though most of the greenhouse is tied up on other projects at the moment and will be for most of the next year. I do have the kratom and in low doses I have got a mild stimulant without the high so I was wanting to try something different but as far as legal stimulant plants go their doesn't seem to be much besides caffeine and yes I use caffeine but how can I make it stronger without getting coffee jitters or making myself high so here I am asking the pros
thanks for the info it is very helpfully. peace


--------------------
Spirals of pain pass my brain sending delicate signals of death I ignite the candle I can not handle the light within my head I grab my gun my death is done could you pull the trigger!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: dman_232]
    #6452802 -

come on ppl I need suggestions from the experienced and I know some of you are experienced. I need some good sedatives, stimulants, and aphrodisiacs that will grow out doors in Texas. my garden has lots of room please help


--------------------
Spirals of pain pass my brain sending delicate signals of death I ignite the candle I can not handle the light within my head I grab my gun my death is done could you pull the trigger!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: dman_232]
    #6452835 -

You have it pretty well covered, if you already have all the plants in your original post, and are planning to get some of the ones here, you are deffinately set :cool: There are a few others we missed but for the most part you're doing great.


--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I need gardening tips what to plant [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #6454095 -

you don't understand I still have a lot of all expect ephedra, kratom, green tea, and some I am starting this year passion flower, Syrian rue and damiana I am tripling my over all herb garden space I want to expand big time but not in mass of one or two its just me and maybe 5 other ppl using out of this herb garden
my entire list so far is
chamomile
lavender
peppermint
spearmint
morning glory
ephedra
kratom
st johns wort
green tea
sage
dill
rosemary
chives
poppy
fennel
rose hip
these are the new this spring
nightshade
Syrian rue
passion flower
damiana
marigold
and I said tripling my garden space I NEED MORE PLANTS :rockon:  :grin:


--------------------
Spirals of pain pass my brain sending delicate signals of death I ignite the candle I can not handle the light within my head I grab my gun my death is done could you pull the trigger!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* gorilla garden tips please
( 1 2 all )
cantankerous 3,140 25 05/29/02 12:42 PM
by Iowa Rasta
* Morning Glory Kills! Gardens. kadakuda 2,264 10 08/06/04 03:14 AM
by kadakuda
* Natural plant and soil pest and disease control felixhigh 2,028 7 02/06/03 02:19 AM
by Bilge
* Need info on starting a garden please StonedShroom 1,392 1 11/18/01 03:31 PM
by superpimp
* This years garden...HELP???? BladeLSD 1,886 14 03/08/03 05:52 PM
by soylent_green
* Gr0's cacti garden
( 1 2 all )
Gr0wer 3,937 24 11/11/04 06:31 PM
by Gr0wer
* The Ethnobotanical Gardens Encyclopedia
( 1 2 all )
neuro 161,178 23 02/14/09 03:25 PM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* My Plant Friends..... RemiMartin 667 1 08/10/02 03:58 AM
by EvilGir

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,788 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.