Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81
    #6444930 -

Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81



THE ASSOCIATED PRESS


Iwao Takamoto


Scooby-Doo

LOS ANGELES - Iwao Takamoto, the animator who created the beloved Scooby-Doo and directed the cartoon classic "Charlotte's Web," has died.
He was 81.

Takamoto died Monday of heart failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Warner Bros. spokesman Gary Miereanu said.

In a career that spanned more than six decades, Takamoto assisted in the designs of some of the biggest animated features and television shows for Disney and the Hanna-Barbera animation team, including "Cinderella," "Peter Pan," "Lady and the Tramp," "101 Dalmatians," "The Jetsons," and the "The Flintstones."

But it was his creation of Scooby-Doo, the cowardly dog with an adventurous heart, that captivated audiences and endured for generations.

Takamoto said he created Scooby-Doo after talking with a Great Dane breeder and named him after Frank Sinatra's final phrase in "Strangers in the Night."

The breeder "showed me some pictures and talked about the important points of a Great Dane, like a straight back, straight legs, small chin and such," Takamoto said in a recent talk at Cartoon Network Studios.

"I decided to go the opposite and gave him a hump back, bowed legs, big chin and such. Even his color is wrong," Takamoto said.

Takamoto also created other famous cartoon dogs such as Astro from "The Jetsons" and Muttley, the mixed-breed that appeared in several Hanna-Barbera animations.

He also directed the 1973 feature "Charlotte's Web."





RIP brother.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6444947 -

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.


--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6444994 -

I had dream this morning that I water skied to a large house boat, with a REAL dog that looked just like scooby, and he was stuck alongside the boat, drowning, I saved him, then we went inside, and he went into an engine like room, and crawled up a wall..........
I pulled him down :huh:
Then I wandered around the boat, and realized I had a similar dream before, meet someone that I KNEW(in the dream) and said, we have to creep up to where the captain is....  and we did, then I ran and hid in a bathroom cause I knew the captain was going to kill me, and I held the door shut and screamed!! "AHH" , found a laser gun, tested it, and waited........

Nothing happened, then when I opened the door I saw some butchy girl with weird computer like armor loading a pool table, so I shot her in the back :smile:
She flinched, and we then talked about some journey we had to go on... if the captain of the boat doesn't kill us first. :huh:

Fucked up, I know :lol:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #6445084 -

TheSlapnCapn said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.



Yeah dude, that's what I said when I heard.  :frown:


Psilocybeingzz....that's a weird one for sure dude. I can identify, I have numerous wild/weird dreams every night, and I can remember them too. Actually, I can remember some dreams I had when I was a little kid...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6445107 -

Damn... that sucks! I also can remember most of the weird dreams I have too, same as Darkstar & Psilocybeingzz. I'd rather remember them than not though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6445135 -

I also had a dream involving some hot girl that was a bit too young for me, and I wanted to fuck her, and she kept teasing me while me while me and my family were over at her house for dinner :lol: Really detailed :laugh:
Wow fucking around with her on the couch was AWESOME, .. till I awoke.

I had these dreams after being up for a day, and sleeping 13 hours(no meth people, domt eve start with that tell me to watch out for tweak, just coffee cannabis, and unfortunate circumstances, kept me awake :wink:
In another dream, I was watching TV and I saw a new reality show...

Called Mia's Missions, it was a show where this really cute girl finds guys that are lonely , and dates them for a week or 2 before she reveals, ha ha SUCKER I never loved you, and the cameras come out for the reaction! WTF?!
:wtf:
Her and her whore mom drive around in a motor home tricking guys and breaking hearts...WTF!

I can't remember dream from when I was a kid but whe  I did practice lucid dreaming triggers, it worked really well, I should really be doing that more, I love controlling my dream, and I wish I could have controlled at least one of them this morning! :sex:
With my cynical attitude, I wouldn't doubt if that show came out for real.

But ya, what a strange morning. I was glad I could get up off the couch and crawl into bed with my girl(for REAL, not a dream :love: )


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6445237 -

Aw, that guy was my hero. A group of pothead crime solving kids.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: Jadian]
    #6445260 -

For real... I wish there was an episode where they got busted themselves.

"And we would've got sooo stoooned if it weren't for you meddling cops."


--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #6445267 -

Nothing but copious amounts of marijuana could convince 4 teenagers that chocolate peanutbutter pizza is good and their dog talks to them.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #6445353 -

There is an episode of Harvey Birdman where that actually happens, its fucking hilarious.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6445357 -

Damn...

I'm behind the times.


--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Scooby-Doo creator dead at 81 [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #6445375 -

I currently have 21 downloads going :wink:

Get a good torrent program like Utorrent, then set it, and forget it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* what kind of dog is scooby doo? wrestler_az 936 10 03/07/06 10:46 PM
by Konnrade
* Blotter brand names
( 1 2 3 all )
mntlfngrs 8,917 57 08/29/16 08:17 PM
by shLong
* Grateful Dead show downloading help...(Get the music!)
( 1 2 all )
Lightningfractal 12,273 22 06/13/10 12:21 AM
by skunkjar
* Grateful Dead show archiving update
( 1 2 3 all )
Lightningfractal 4,943 42 01/12/04 08:11 PM
by Lightningfractal
* The Dead on 60 Minutes II
( 1 2 3 4 all )
kosmic_charlie 6,565 68 11/15/03 12:42 PM
by notapillow
* Post Your Favorite Dead Show Here.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Jim 24,454 133 06/20/06 02:16 PM
by toastandjam
* CNN Breaking News - Pope is Dead. Pope is Not Dead. Pope is Dead. Pope is Not Dead.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
OneMoreRobot3021 18,874 350 04/04/05 01:59 PM
by boO
* Ding-dong the me ain't dead! PeachMan 1,464 15 03/20/05 02:36 PM
by Roadkill

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,180 topic views. 6 members, 12 guests and 259 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.