Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Re: what about 12-28-79? [Re: Vvellum]
    #5548405 -

alright after much adeiu... I am doing this tonight...

some special picks of mine you all probably don't have.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what about 12-28-79? [Re: Jim]
    #5553374 -

I uploaded some shows last night while all fucked up... I am kind of fucked up now too, but I am searching for where it went....

here are some shows from Morbid Hamster: ftp://207.46.174.137/dead/


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what about 12-28-79? [Re: Jim]
    #5554417 -

05-06-81 Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, N.Y. (Wed)
1: Alabama> Greatest, TLEO, Cassidy, Jack A Roe> Rooster, Dire Wolf> L. L. Rain, Big RxR Blues, Let It Grow> Deal
2: Minglewood, High Time> Sailor> Saint, He's Gone*> Caution Jam> Spanish Jam> Drumz> Other One> GDTRFB> Wharf Rat> Good Lovin E: Don't Ease

05-08-81 Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, N.Y. (Fri)
1: Jack Straw, Peggy-O, Me & My Uncle> Big River, Loser, C. C. Rider> Althea, Let It Grow> Don't Ease
2: Shakedown> Samson, Terrapin> Playin> Drumz*> NFA> Nobody's Jam> Stella Blue> Sugar Magnolia E: U. S. Blues*

05-09-81 Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, N.Y. (Sat)
1: Half Step> Franklin's> Stranger, Bird Song> Rooster, Candyman, Mama Tried> Mexicali, L. L. Rain> China Cat> I Know You Rider
2: Sailor> Saint> Ship Of Fools, Estimated> Eyes> Drumz> Nobody's Jam> Truckin> Black Peter> Around> Saturday Night E: Brokedown


This is also known as Dick's Picks Vol. 13. Brent is just on time, in all 3 shows. The Lost Sailor>Saint of Circumstance is one of the best that I have heard. Also, the Jack-A-Roe is the funkiest evar!! These have to be at the top of my Dead picks.

EDIT- The first 2 shows are the Dick's Picks.


--------------------



:murray:

Edited by blissedout (04/25/06 12:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what about 12-28-79? [Re: blissedout]
    #5554423 -

:thumbup: a lot of early 80s dead isn't really to my liking, but i've got this DP and dig it


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Favorite Dead Show Here. [Re: Jim]
    #5573787 -

i don't remember my favorite they were all great the ones i made out of the parking lots were the best


--------------------
I am a happy stoner

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In lieu of archive.org's recent removal of GD material [Re: Jim]
    #5591878 -

This is one of 72 San Francisco posters in my private library. This is from August of 1968. I went to both concertsd, however, I had seen the dead at many free concerts in Golden Gate Park, I met Jerry Garcia on many ocassions. He use to shop in my co-op head shop on Haight street and lived kitty corner to where my store was.

However, this was a great show.

I also saw the whole band last time at the Hull Center in Eugene oregon for a theree day conceet, in the mid 1980s and then I saw Garcia in 1994 the day Clinton Got re-elected. Jerry played the Waikiki Shell in Kapiolania Park. I got in with my press card and encountered an old friend form a few years before and he had me pass out four vials of liquid which I dropped on peoples tongues and hands.

Enjoy the poster. Later I may try to photograph a few more on my bed .

They are stored flat to preserve them.



mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In lieu of archive.org's recent removal of GD material [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5660488 -

I havent heard much of Grateful Dead, but my favourite is Live/Dead!


--------------------


This is the time and life that I am living
And I’ll face each day with a smile
For the time that I’ve been given such a little while
And the things that I must do consist of more than style
There are places that I am going

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what about 12-28-79? [Re: blissedout]
    #5671868 -

hey, so i was cataloging all the dick's picks i've got, and realized that there isn't a single dp release from 86-89. can anybody recommend (from archive.org or bt.etree.org) or upload a blazing show from, say, 88-89? pref. one w/ brent playing cheesy synthed out keys on 'foolish heart'?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what about 12-28-79? [Re: Krishna]
    #5673761 -

Favorite 1st set.
03-24-90 Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, N.Y.
SET 1: LTGTR> Help> Slipknot> Franklin's, Walking Blues*, Loser, Desolation Row, Tennessee Jed> Saturday Night
SET 2: Playin*> Uncle John*> Terrapin*> Mind Left Body Jam*> Drumz*> Wheel*> Watchtower*> Stella Blue*> NFA* E: We Bid You Goodnight*

Favorite 2nd set.
05-11-79 Billerica Forum, Billerica, Ma.
SET 1: Half Step> Franklin's, Mama Tried> Mexicali, Peggy-O, All Over Now, B. E. Women, Lazy Lightning> Supplication
SET 2: Shakedown, Passenger, Ship Of Fools, Estimated> Eyes> Drumz> Black Peter> Miracle> Bertha> Good Lovin

All around favorite show, any of the 53 shows I saw between 1985-1990.

Oh ya, and how about the scarlet/fire from copps coliseum spring tour `90??? (Fuckin'-A, Jerome goes the fuck off!!!)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your Favorite Dead Show Here. [Re: Jim]
    #5716656 -

Wave that Flag: Bonnaroo 2004, Manchester, TN.

That was the first, and remains the only, time Ive seen them. Bonnaroo (the Dead's set especially) totaly changed my perspective on music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: In lieu of archive.org's recent removal of GD material [Re: sojourner]
    #5737329 -

Reboot. That was unfortunately cancled and didn't even finish. No request, I got what was there, they just never finished it. I haven't seen that show since I was 13 or 14.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what about 12-28-79? [Re: Krishna]
    #5752117 -

10/19/89 at The Spectrum in Philadelphia is pretty decent.  Great feeling throughout. 
I don't have my discs handy to look, but I'll find you something with the cheesy keys later  :grin:

Set 1:
Hell In A Bucket
West LA Fadeaway
Victim Or The Crime
Built To Last
Blow Away
When I Paint My Masterpiece
Cumberland Blues
Cassidy
Don't Ease Me In

Set 2:
Help On The Way
Slipknot!
Franklin's Tower
Estimated Prophet
Eyes Of The World
Drums
The Wheel
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Hey Jude Reprise
Death Don't Have No Mercy
Turn On Your Love Light

Encore:
It's All Over Now
Baby Blue


--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what about 12-28-79? [Re: toastandjam]
    #5757613 -

Best Good sound quality free stash around = http://stash.nugs.net/attics/771227mp3.asp?artist=1&show=7&cmd=shows

(nugs.net)



SET1
Bertha
Good Lovin'
Brown-Eyed Women
Cassidy
Peggy-O
Looks Like Rain
Dire Wolf
Passenger
Candyman
El Paso
Friend of the Devil
Music Never Stopped
SET2
Cold Rain and Snow
Lazy Lightning>Supplication Blues
Scarlet Begonias
Fire on the Mountain
Estimated Prophet
He's Gone
Truckin'
Wharf Rat
Around and Around


--------------------
Assassins do it from behind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Favorite First Set [Re: HaightAshbury]
    #5772662 -

Yesterday being somewhat of a special day to me, I pulled out a show from June 19, 1991.

I'm not crazy about the second set (big letdown after a great first set), but that's why I'm posting this. It is probably my favorite first set ever.
The song selection, flow of the songs themselves, and the audience are all wonderful (get an aud tape over the boards on this one). The dire wolf is a joy.
Check it out on archive.
06/19/91
Pine Knob Music Theater - Clarkston, MI

Set 1:
Feel Like A Stranger
They Love Each Other
New Minglewood Blues
Dire Wolf
Queen Jane Approximately
Ramble On Rose
Promised Land


--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* archive.org- anyone not know of this yet? Anonymous 806 6 07/13/04 02:43 PM
by Learyfan
* i like archive.org YouEnjoyMyself 632 2 08/23/04 01:46 AM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Another GD Post JettaJay 793 16 12/19/04 12:02 AM
by Ripple
* Favorite GD or GD related show to trip to Ramlaen 666 4 11/16/04 11:15 PM
by Dark_Star
* good song/whole archive 4hodmt 540 3 02/09/05 03:30 PM
by kindkesey
* Anti-drug educational films on archive.org LearyfanS 836 5 03/11/05 01:32 PM
by sucklesworth
* Anybody else prepared for significant backlash against psychedelics in lieu of their therapeutic use? jdawg333 390 5 05/05/21 03:51 PM
by mAver
* Just burned 19 GD shows!!!!! Lightningfractal 845 4 01/09/04 01:27 PM
by Lightningfractal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
24,454 topic views. 1 members, 245 guests and 224 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.