Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #6426767 -

Yeah, it is. I got in to Tai Chi when I lived in Miami because my Chinese neighbors and there son who was my best friend were all in to it. They invited me to come one day and told me it would be good for my asthma. It was very relaxing, and it made me very flexible and helped my breathing a lot. My friends sister would practice with weapons, usually a sword and she was crazy at it. Even my mother started getting in to it but then we moved. I would like to continue Tai Chi some day in the future as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #6426778 -

I'm stoned, I'm going to have to carry this on tomorrow, that paragraph is too difficult to read. Resin makes things difficult, makes reading cloudy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: Maverick]
    #6426793 -

yea do kick boxing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: stoneage]
    #6426795 -

About kickboxking... youtube Kickboxing Leg break. I can't do it it's too hideous for me to watch. I just can't watch legs break, it's just something about it...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: Maverick]
    #6426802 -

my aunt broke her foot trying to kick a piece of wood in two

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: Maverick]
    #6426817 -

lol, yeah Ive seen that shit, that would suck so freaking bad. Last week at my brothers wrestling tournament, a kids forearm broke in half, it was sad and looked so painful. But nah I sai I think I'm going to do regular boxing, not kick boxing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: euphoricpoison]
    #6427062 -

Personally my plan is to take both. I'm training with kettlebells now to get into shape. But MT is the first I'd take. It's still close to being a battle art that it hasn't been pussified. It's pretty much straight forward and brutal. It's also relatively quick to learn from what I understand. About a year and you would be proficient.

Next I'd take BJJ. Great grappling art. Also a real world art. And I do love Royce Gracie vids. :] That would get you very balanced. Standing up MT seems to be king. On the ground BJJ. So for real world I think MT is more bang for your buck. Quicker to learn and useful for the usual stand up fights.

There's also always Krav Maga the Israeli martial art.

I love the slogan. 'I'm not a fighter or a grappler. I'm both' ;]

Good luck and enjoy whichever one you start with.

Pz,

G


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: Maverick]
    #6427064 -

DRTMaverick said:
About kickboxking... youtube Kickboxing Leg break. I can't do it it's too hideous for me to watch. I just can't watch legs break, it's just something about it...



Violent arts will breed injuries. It's part of the game.

|


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: GoaM]
    #6427074 -

I did judo for about a year and I had a knack for it, in the 3 gradings I did I went from white belt to yellow 2tags, yellow to orange no tags, orange to purple no tags.

I climbed more quickly in any one in my class. I wish I carried it on, I'd be a decent degree black belt by now :frown:

But yah anyway the point is what I learnt I have applied to many fights simply as a way to prevent people from attacking me.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boxing or Jiu Jitsu? [Re: Cepheus]
    #6427554 -

Thats pretty dope. Yeah I'm going for boxing. I think any form of Martial art is pretty amazing however, I think for now I am going to do the boxing thing, and later on If I want to switch I'll try some form of Martial Art. Thanx guys

Edited by euphoricpoison (01/05/07 12:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Martial Arts spud 886 4 04/29/07 08:11 PM
by Jadian
* Any martial artists?
( 1 2 3 all )
Madtowntripper 6,945 59 03/23/08 05:32 AM
by Acaterpillar
* What's the best type of martial arts?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 5,139 36 12/31/04 02:23 PM
by Shroomism
* A good style of Martial Arts? Stonerguy 1,076 12 02/25/06 01:50 PM
by Prisoner#1
* any martial artists out there floydguitar 1,204 9 11/19/04 09:01 AM
by Silven
* Wise words from a martial arts master *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Lion 3,974 22 10/11/07 09:59 AM
by DimensionX
* Martial arts
( 1 2 all )
Cepheus 5,795 25 07/11/07 07:25 PM
by danzick
* Martial Arts TYL3R 1,035 11 12/01/04 10:15 PM
by looner2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,998 topic views. 0 members, 340 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.