Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Mysticism Forum
    #6355744 -

I would like to post there, but feel I don't understand the rules at all.

Some beliefs can be questioned and others cannot.

Some posts merely expressing the belief of the poster are considered baiting or trolling if the majority has a counter belief.

Some posts ask specifically for opinion on the validity of a proposed idea, but only supporting data may be presented.

Can a senior member please explain so that I know how to play.


--------------------
I yam what I yam.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Mr_Potato_Head]
    #6355778 -

I like to fly by the seat of my pants and hope that I can bully or whine my way out of any trouble I get in. It also pays to suck up to Geokills any chance you get. Having him for a friend is really a plus.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (12/10/06 09:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Mr_Potato_Head]
    #6355960 -

The mods in that forum can be a pain to deal with sometimes, but just try to tread lightly. Questions should be asked out of curiosty, not confrontation. Contribute your own thoughts on a subject only if you can phrase them in a way that doesn't seem confrontational. Basically, try to do what you can to not appear dismissive or hostile to other people's beliefs.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Silversoul]
    #6355977 -

And WHATEVER YOU DO, do not post about Vernon Howard, sheep or banana nut bread. These subjects are verboten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Silversoul]
    #6355991 -

Merely holding certain beliefs may be construed as confrontational. Why all the fear of open discussion?


--------------------
I yam what I yam.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Mr_Potato_Head]
    #6355996 -

No, you have it backwards: the ones who bash ideas are afraid of the truth. Only the fearless can post in MR&P.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Mr_Potato_Head]
    #6355999 -

Beats me. I vaguely remember the split, and thinking it was silly. I think some people just wanted a place to spout out random ideas and superstitions that probably wouldn't hold up under a candle flame.

Eh...whatever, this board is where it's at really.


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Veritas]
    #6356000 -

:lol:


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: dblaney]
    #6356005 -

People wanted a safe space to express ideas without having to provide any basis for holding said ideas.  :shrug:

It seems to keep the peace in P&S, and there are rarely more than 2 people posting in MR&P, so apparently the problem is solved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Veritas]
    #6356020 -

Ya das est true.


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Mr_Potato_Head]
    #6356022 -

Mr_Potato_Head said:
Why all the fear of open discussion?



Well personally, as a mystic, sometimes I want to discuss mystical topics with other people who get what I'm talking about, and I don't want the topic to be derailed by people asking me for evidence of my claims or telling me that my mystical experiences are just products of my imagination. When I want to debate such things, I go to this forum. Now, some might counter that this is weak-minded, but I'm not against debating these topics in their proper context. There are some topics that need to be discussed among like-minded people.

As far as certain beliefs being construed as inherently confrontational, I don't personally hold that view, but I'm not a mod in that forum, and I've seen those mods being a bit overzealous about that before. I'd like to tell you that they're fair towards everyone, but that would be a lie. I think the idea behind that forum is a good one, but the enforcement of the rules can be a bit shady.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Veritas]
    #6356025 -

So the people posting in this forum are superior? I feel so special. *hugs self*


--------------------
I yam what I yam.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Veritas]
    #6356029 -

I think it's a good place to plant seeds when you don't know for sure what they will exactly grow into. :mushroom2:

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:


--------------------

Edited by AlteredAgain (12/10/06 11:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Mr_Potato_Head]
    #6356033 -

Superior?  No, we are all (apparently) 3D-bound, fear-filled, spirit-hating, immoral and damned to Hell for all eternity.

Welcome!  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Mr_Potato_Head]
    #6356034 -

Some of the more speculative posters in P&S were upset by all the cold-hearted skepticism, so they seceded from us and fortified themselves in MR&P. "Wolves and sheep do not look lovingly at one another."  :laugh:

Edited by MushmanTheManic (12/10/06 10:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Silversoul]
    #6356035 -

Oh, so you're a "mystic"?

Don't you know that mystics can't become enlightened?


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: dblaney]
    #6356044 -

you can become enlightened? :confused:

how can one become what one already is? :grin:

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: dblaney]
    #6356045 -

Just goes to show ya', you've gotta read the fine print.  :shrug:

I became enlightened several years ago.  I lost over 30 lbs., and my scale clearly reflected this enlightening process.  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6356057 -

:lol:

You are, of course, absolutely right. But in the words of Zen Master Seung Sahn, you must attain no-attainment.


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mysticism Forum [Re: Veritas]
    #6356062 -

:rofl:

Took me a second to get that, I cracked up though.


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* About "Advanced Mushroom Cultivation" forum.
( 1 2 all )
kykeon 6,124 25 01/13/03 01:08 AM
by kykeon
* The Vendors Forum *DELETED* phrozendata 4,499 10 05/19/02 07:52 PM
by Anonymous
* Re: new forum idea bivalve 1,523 11 06/27/00 08:02 PM
by oneoverzero
* Proposed Law / Legal FORUM TOPIC
( 1 2 all )
f8L 4,266 26 01/09/03 06:35 AM
by f8L
* Re: User Forums. AnubisRonin 2,501 18 04/13/00 05:44 AM
by Anonymous
* Humor forum
( 1 2 all )
Ellis Dee 3,681 22 03/18/03 11:56 AM
by Papaver
* Re: MUSIC FORUM! BBin 686 3 09/03/99 02:19 AM
by BBin
* Grow Log forum with pictures djveiox 2,618 9 01/06/02 09:33 PM
by repobob

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
3,148 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.