Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
perlite question
    #633709 -

im using perlite its the miracle- gro kind it says enriched with liquid plant food i mixed h2o2 with water and mixed it all together but when i look at the bottom of the perlite there this yucky stuff its think like dence suger waterlike when u look at the bottom of your cheerios bowl when your done eating but its thicker is this how all perlite looks or is there a perlite i should be using can sumone give me info on this


--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: cbull]
    #633713 -

I used the same stuff, but I wasn't using the perlite the same way you are. I had my terrarium humidified with an ultra sonic and the perlite was there just to help retain humidity and whick up and water that accumulated on the bottom because I'm lazy and didn't want to clean it, and I figured it would just add to the humidity. It worked fine for me. I think you'll be fine. Good luck.


--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: cbull]
    #633715 -

add water slowly and keep mixing the perlite up as you go along to encourage even moisture distribution.. and to make sure it doesn't get too wet.

good call on adding the H2O2 also


--------------------

--------------------
┼ ··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙·· ┼
...╬π╥ ╥π╬...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #633719 -

hey i got 2 ultra sonic humidifires see heres my problem i got 96 jars almost ready to go pint size i was building a grow chamber i got done with it but my plastic ripped now and i dont have enough to fix it with a heat sealer and taping it is out of the ?. i know u got to use 2 liter bottles to cut back on the thick mist from the ultrasonic is theer a way u can send a pic how u had your chamber i need to get it set up quick


--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: cbull]
    #633729 -

Damn! 96 jars! I thought I did a lot


You don't need the coke bottles unless you see a lot of water build up everywhere. Here is my old setup:


I just propped up the tube so that if I had any water build up it would just pour out the end.




I just liked this pic


--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #633741 -

what is that a big fish tank? i dont have enough for a huge fish tank like taht but what if i build a frame like that out of wood i have big big roll of plastic like 5 ft wide industral what that work?


--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #633743 -

did your ultrasonic give off to thick of a mist and also whats on the botton perlite n mesh wire? wont the wire rust


--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #633745 -

did u have to fan that out? or the ultrasonic moved that air around enough?


--------------------
FAPA - Member Since -5-21-2002


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: cbull]
    #634143 -

It was actually a tank for my friends old iguana. Man did I wash it out good then rub it down with 99% isopropyl alchohol. Iguanas are dirty .
For ur first question ur talking about building a terrarium. You could build one out of wood like that but it would be a lot of work and the wood would probably buckle and warp and rot and what not. I'd just buy a big rubbermade (sp?) container.

My ultrasonic didn't give off too thick of a mist. It worked fine and I didn't have exsessive water build up. (I know if some of the pics it looks like I did, but I left it on for hours to test a bunch of different factors.)

I had perlite and wire mesh on the bottom. The mesh won't rust, and if it does get some new mesh. It's like a dollar. I think mine is the only tank I've seen set up with both the perlite and the humidifier. I used the ultra sonic as my main source of humidity, and the perlite was there to help retain humidity and to whick up any water that accumulated at the bottom of the tank.

I didn't fan. I think I fanned once or twice but then just said fuck it. I didn't need to. I had an air pump running 24/7, and when I turned on my ultra sonic I would put it on low and low mist volume and let it run for a couple of minutes. It provided excellent air exchange.


--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: TeRzMaStA]
    #634152 -

I like that picture too.



When i saw it three words came to mind
Scared, Defiant, Inquisitive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: perlite question [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #634165 -

Thanks man


--------------------
Think for yourself; Question Authority

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* perlite questions LCid 1,231 1 10/01/01 04:17 AM
by psillyshroompha
* Perlite question Waters 591 1 10/24/01 09:59 PM
by fiddler4u
* How Wet is Too Wet- Perlite Question Anonymous 1,922 2 09/21/01 12:55 AM
by Anonymous
* Perlite AND Ultrasonic Humidifier? patzee 1,538 1 05/26/01 11:06 AM
by shroomeatindude
* perlite question cbull 560 1 05/18/02 07:09 PM
by Roadkill
* Perlite Question Aarondx 530 1 08/14/02 08:20 AM
by twisted
* newbie perlite question Phlaxis 896 4 01/04/03 09:54 AM
by Phlaxis
* Question on H2O2 TheProfessor 1,069 5 01/31/04 08:57 PM
by simplemachine

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,708 topic views. 17 members, 51 guests and 155 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.