Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokemon
Loc: Northeast
Harvesting Questions (not simple FAQ stuff either)
    #620230 - 04/27/02 07:15 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, i know that various peices of mushroom growing literature it states to harvest as the veil begins to break. This is apparently because much more psilocybin is produced in the earlier stages of growth. But then, i think we all know that the cap is where most of the good stuff is. My dilemma is this: i harvested 40 grams wet (4 dry) of B+ off of cakes. They were definitely very premature. most had veils forming, but none were near breaking. the caps were quite small. A friend and i split these 40 wet grams.... and barely got a level 1 buzz. could this be because i harvested to early? If i had eaten 2 grams of properly matured shrooms, would there have been better results? i mean, of those 2 grams, alot more would have been cap weight as oppose to stem weight... or is this just a weak batch? or is 2 grams just a weak dose?

--------------------
"The concept of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" is enshrined in the documents upon which this nation of ours is supposedly founded. If the pursuit of happiness does not mean the right to experiment with your own state of mind, then those words aren't worth the hemp they're written on." - Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Harvesting Questions (not simple FAQ stuff either) [Re: Smokemon]
    #620268 - 04/27/02 08:41 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

2 Grams achive a level 2 trip easily ,usually.
Depending always on the individual and its weight and stuff.
If the shrooms where too small, i bet they could have not yet achived their "harvest stage" full psilocybian content.
Did you have them on a empty stomack? What time of the day?Where you tired? Stoned? When did you have your last lsd trip? Do you take any other meditation?Are you healthy?Slim,?Fat,?Did you happen to check your temp.during the trip?
How where your emotion and generally your psychosynthesis before,during,and after the trip.
What was the strain again? Any other naughty things you might have done before ,during, and after the trip?
How many people know about it? Do you know, that they know? Are you shure?
There are many factors....

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineSmokemon
    #620285 - 04/27/02 09:23 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i am 150 pounds and healthy. i had not eaten shrooms since i had a gram a week before, and none for months before that. I've never used LSD or any other entheogen other than the sacred fungus. i hadn't smoked herb or used any other drug. i hadn't eaten all day, all but a mushroom\apple juice concoction. i have heard that substances containing sugar (such as apple juice) can kill the trip. i guess that's one possibility. my mindset was great. i was very excited and anticipational about a beautiful afternoon in the park spent with a friend and some shrooms... so i don't think it was the set or setting that messed things up.

--------------------
"The concept of "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" is enshrined in the documents upon which this nation of ours is supposedly founded. If the pursuit of happiness does not mean the right to experiment with your own state of mind, then those words aren't worth the hemp they're written on." - Terence McKenna

OfflineSmokemon
    #620291 - 04/27/02 09:30 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

i had also taken ginko biloba, st. john's wort, ginseng, and 1000 mg of vitamin C. some people say vitamin c kills a trip, and sugar does too. i had both.... hmm... this is starting to come together. any thoughts?

--------------------

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
    #620398 - 04/27/02 12:39 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

>> This is apparently because much more psilocybin is produced in the earlier stages of growth.

No, but the production of psilocybin slows down when the mushroom begins to mature.

>> But then, i think we all know that the cap is where most of the good stuff is.

Caps and stems are evenly potent.

>> If i had eaten 2 grams of properly matured shrooms, would there have been better results.

2 grams is 2 grams...aborts or not I usually find them roughly the same trip.

2 grams isn't a weak dose. Pick your mushrooms just before or slightly after the viel breaks and fan/dessicant dry with no heat and you will have primo mushrooms.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies