Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKindnug
Male
Loc: Midwest, Go Bears
Deadfall, dung love species for outdoor in IL, WI
    #608603 - 04/15/02 12:40 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, so I have a buddy who has been pretty successfull with outdoor ganja last year up here in Northern Illinois, near Wisconsin. He grows next to a forest, and although I don't know the species of trees yet I wonder if anyone could suggest a potent species that I could use up here. I could definitely bring out compost or manure as he will be carting in shit anyway for the kind. And there will be plenty of deadfall too around too I'm sure. I know some super duper species don't grow until the second year, but this is very do-able. He will be there for quite a while I'm sure (nice house butting up against a huge Forest Preserve). Of course, I would rather see something at the end of this year of course. Can anyone offer any suggestions for easy spawing, maybe even innocuation? Appreciate any info, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Deadfall, dung love species for outdoor in IL, WI [Re: Kindnug]
    #608769 - 04/15/02 04:39 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I am in the process of trying to grow Psilocybe cyanescens, a wood eater in my garden in Toronto. A closely related species Psilocybe azurescens has been established in Virginia, Michigan and Wisconsin. There is a listing somewhere mapping native species for each state. Try to establish something that is native to your area and I think you will have a lot less trouble.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Deadfall, dung love species for outdoor in IL, WI [Re: Orchidman]
    #608776 - 04/15/02 04:51 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Look in the Shroomery section called look/find and click on finding Mushrooms. Click on the section called mapping the mycelial network and find the states surrounding you. I looked and you are in the same boat I am. There are lots of native species but only two are readily available. Azurescens and Panneolus subbalteatus. Thats why I am trying to grow those two. The azurescens is a wood eater, and the subbalteatus is a dung eater or also likes rotting hay.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Deadfall, dung love species for outdoor in IL, WI [Re: Orchidman]
    #608794 - 04/15/02 05:36 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale