Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKindnug
Male
Loc: Midwest, Go Bears
Deadfall, dung love species for outdoor in IL, WI
    #608603 - 04/15/02 12:40 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, so I have a buddy who has been pretty successfull with outdoor ganja last year up here in Northern Illinois, near Wisconsin. He grows next to a forest, and although I don't know the species of trees yet I wonder if anyone could suggest a potent species that I could use up here. I could definitely bring out compost or manure as he will be carting in shit anyway for the kind. And there will be plenty of deadfall too around too I'm sure. I know some super duper species don't grow until the second year, but this is very do-able. He will be there for quite a while I'm sure (nice house butting up against a huge Forest Preserve). Of course, I would rather see something at the end of this year of course. Can anyone offer any suggestions for easy spawing, maybe even innocuation? Appreciate any info, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Deadfall, dung love species for outdoor in IL, WI [Re: Kindnug]
    #608769 - 04/15/02 04:39 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I am in the process of trying to grow Psilocybe cyanescens, a wood eater in my garden in Toronto. A closely related species Psilocybe azurescens has been established in Virginia, Michigan and Wisconsin. There is a listing somewhere mapping native species for each state. Try to establish something that is native to your area and I think you will have a lot less trouble.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
Re: Deadfall, dung love species for outdoor in IL, WI [Re: Orchidman]
    #608776 - 04/15/02 04:51 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Look in the Shroomery section called look/find and click on finding Mushrooms. Click on the section called mapping the mycelial network and find the states surrounding you. I looked and you are in the same boat I am. There are lots of native species but only two are readily available. Azurescens and Panneolus subbalteatus. Thats why I am trying to grow those two. The azurescens is a wood eater, and the subbalteatus is a dung eater or also likes rotting hay.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Deadfall, dung love species for outdoor in IL, WI [Re: Orchidman]
    #608794 - 04/15/02 05:36 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate