Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: Worm Castings - Ultimate Dung?
    #84836 - 04/14/00 05:45 PM (24 years, 7 days ago)

i've long used worm castings to make 'tea' which i use for substrate water. they luv it.
nice bit of info, great for shroomers/fishermen/
organic gardeners.
i'll post it as a tek over at DD.
giving due credit.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Worm Castings - Ultimate Dung? [Re: Hippie3]
    #84838 - 04/15/00 11:41 AM (24 years, 6 days ago)

quote:
Originally posted by Hippie3:
i've long used worm castings to make 'tea' which i use for substrate water. they luv it.
nice bit of info, great for shroomers/fishermen/
organic gardeners.
i'll post it as a tek over at DD.
giving due credit.

Hey go for it dude!

It's always been my personal motto to help and to not hinder with copylefts and egogames. I won't stop until we overgrow the world. Let the information spread and mushroom like the mycelium and mushrooms themselves.

The Learner
There is no good...
...there is no evil...
...there is only expression.

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
    #84839 - 04/15/00 12:24 PM (24 years, 6 days ago)

Most of the local nurseries supply this product around here. It?s used as a casing layer on potted plants. Anyways, I once tried using this product for casing layer on mushrooms. It worked good, but got infected by green mold very easily.

------------------
"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." J.M.

Northern Touch Spores

--------------------
FungusFun.com

Anonymous

#84840 - 04/15/00 08:21 PM (24 years, 6 days ago)

Yeah, most of that nursery crap to me looks like a whole messload of bark chips mixed in to make it so cheap. I can pick up a messload of it for under four dollars. Yet the pure stuff is over fifteen dollars for a smaller amount.... go figure!.....

What this fresh stuff however is good for is for substrate and not casing. Fresh rich worm manure sterilized and then spawned with any dung loving mushroom species.

OfflineNyar15
    #84841 - 04/17/00 01:39 PM (24 years, 4 days ago)

I have tried it in a casing that was a variation on potting soil called "African Violet Mix." This stuff did ok, but green mold was a problem if I didn't sterilize the casing first.

--Nyar15

Anonymous

#84842 - 04/18/00 07:10 PM (24 years, 3 days ago)

I've seen a pound of worms for this sell anywhere for $15 to $20 on the Internet. Also checking around you can see how simple these composters are that people are trying to sell you for $80-$200 !! Yeah it may include a pound of live worms but shit the container is just a colored in version of a big 60 quart clear plastic container for 6 bux at the Wal Mart! Sheesh...

Build it yourself, save a bundle! Buy more worms! hehehe

The Learner
Deranged Scientist,
The King of Shit

Offlinelares
    #84843 - 06/29/00 12:47 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I went ahead and ordered some red worms. I found some really great deals on ebay (of course). Basically, I paid about $15 for a pound (~1000 to 1200 individuals) of red worms. These things are apparently the shit for fishing, which is a hobby I have gotten back into. I've heard they make much tastier and effective bait than the nightcrawlers sold at bait shops, and you don't have to shell out $5 for a decent day's worth of em. Later, I'll post the url to one site that sells them for a comparable price, along with ample information on using them for composting.
As an added bonus, the little fuckers apparently breed like mad.

Big up Learner for your informative post.

------------------
The universe does a math equation that never even ever really is anywhere in it, and if it spouts out creation, we're on the tip of its tongue, and it asks us where we stand. -- Modest Mouse

--------------------
"The universe does a math equation that never even ever really is anywhere in it, and if it spouts out creation, we're on the tip of its tongue, and it asks us where we stand." -- Modest Mouse

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder