Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyoshman
Stranger
How many cc's for a myco bag?
    #606502 - 04/12/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I was just wondering how many cc's of spore solution I should inject into my myco bags. I know that sporeworks says to use 2-3ccs on their website, but I've heard going slightly higher may speed up colonization. I've also heard going too high can add too much water to the environment. I was thinking of trying 5ccs per bag. Anyone have experience with this? Advice?

Also, though I've read a lot on the subject of needle sterilization, I still am not sure whether I should bother flame sterilizing a spore syringe before injecting. I know everything should be as clean as possible, but it also seems like the simpler I keep things, the less chance of me messing something up, and since the needle is supposed to be sterile already anyway, maybe just an alcohol swab or dip will be enough. Thoughts?

On a side note, this is my first post. 2 weeks ago I had no idea this world existed, and have been seriously impressed by the intelligence and helpfulness of the community. I've done my best to read as many posts and FAQs as possible to educate myself, and am looking forward to learning more and more about this experience.

Thanks So Much
Yoshi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Ankh
journeyman

Re: How many cc's for a myco bag? [Re: yoshman]
    #606526 - 04/12/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a newbie to actual cultivation as well, but I would indeed flame the needle before each injection, and stick to about 2-3 CCs...

Ankh

--------------------
I'm takin a walk in the woods, fuck yeah.
It's nice, very very nice.
Smells of shit, Liga Guinggligagiggagoogoogwillgo.

I come upon a silver, striped mushroom, and I fly.
And I fly, fly.
Fly, to the point I'm gone. -Tenacious D

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#606547 - 04/12/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

InvisibleFreewired
journeyman
    #606577 - 04/12/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm working on 4 bags right now (from Psilocyber). Innoc'd 2 on 30 March, 2 on 04 April. Each one was about 5 ccs/bag. Day before yesterday I saw that 2 had started to colonize, one from the first 2, one from the 2nd. They don't seem to be colonizing very quickly (they're kept at about 80F). I sterilized everything before injecting, as well as Lysoling pretty heavily. I didn't want to waste time with contams, so I was probably on the paranoid side. Either way, I'm seeing some growth now, so I'm optimistic, though I'm starting to wonder about that bag from the first 2 that hasn't done anything yet, since it's been almost 2 weeks. No signs of contamination, but no growth, either.
Good luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag