Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

I think I see growth "myco-bag"
    #1154141 - 12/19/02 06:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well I said a couple days ago that I thought I saw some type of growth toward the bottom of the myco-bag.Well I checked it today and it is some type of growth from what I can see.After I injected 2-3cc of treasure coast strain I mixed the bag all up.
Now the sperm looking stuff is moving up from the bottom,yesteday it was just in a little area but today it looks like it has moved up a little!
Also it looks alot more white in the corner of the bag toward the bottem,for some reason if this is mycelium it started on the bottem.

Do you guys think this whitish sperm looking growth is mycelim and if not what else could it be?
Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineajg2425
farmer

Re: I think I see growth "myco-bag" [Re: livingsublime]
    #1154311 - 12/19/02 07:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

what is sperm looking growth? ive never seen sperm growing

--------------------
http://www.erowid.org

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: I think I see growth "myco-bag" [Re: ajg2425]
    #1154342 - 12/19/02 07:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well I don't know what it is thats why I am asking.I am just guessing that it is the begining of mycelium growth since it is just about all white in one spot,and none of this was in the bag when I got it so it must be somthing!
Thanks

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

#1154538 - 12/19/02 08:22 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Come on guys,one of you must have seen some type of white growth that looks alot like sperm,could this just be the start of mycelium?
Please give me your opinions!
Thanks!

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

#1157271 - 12/20/02 05:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well guys I just checked out the myco-bags again and there is growth!
The first myco-bag that was injected with mazatapec and showed no signs of growth after 30 days,I re-injected with the allen strain a week or two ago and diden't see nothing.Well 2 days ago I injected 1-2cc of treaure coast in this same myco-bag and today I see growth!

It now has moisture built up on the walls of the bag wich wasen't there before.
It also has the begining of the same growth as I reported with the replaced myco,also toward the bottem of the bag.It is still very ealier for this new bag but atleast it's doing somthing,and it only took 1-2 days at the most,man this treasure coast strain is fast!

The replaced myco-bag with treasure coast that I reported also has lots of built up moisture on the sides of the bag,I guess this should keep the humidity up?
Also the replaced myco-bag has even more growth today,the hole bottom of the bag looks lightly covered,and in some spots it's working it way up the bag.It still isen't realy realy white yet,but I bet once the substrate get over 50-75% covered with mycelium with will be alot more white by then!
Also the bags have a different smell to them now!
Before both bags just smelled like some type of grains,but now it has a different smell,I can't say it smells like mushrooms but I also can't say exastly what it smell like it,maybe this this the bigining of mycelium smell?
Also I read that when you get moisture on the walls of the bags this is a good thing,anyone have nay info about this,anyone else get moisture on the walls of the bag?
Thanks alot guys!

Anonymous

#1157290 - 12/20/02 06:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Who knows what you have going there. I'd say probably the spores you injected a week or two ago. Hard to say though. could be the oringinal ones. or all three. Growth after 2 days of a multispore injection is not likely. It may be hard to ID exactally what you end up with.

Congrats on the growth though.  :ooo:

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: I think I see growth "myco-bag" [Re: ]
    #1157359 - 12/20/02 06:22 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the info.
What is wierd is that the mazatape or allen strain never showed any signs of growth even after weeks and weeks,maybe they were bad?But the new replacment bag seem alread 8-10 % lightly colonized at the bottom and working it's way up after 4-5 days.

That is why I wanted to try the treaure coast in the bag that wasen't doing anything,I though maybe it will do somthing if it is working in the other bag.
It did only take about 2 days to see first signs of growth in these bag,and about 4-5 in the replacment bag.Also the syringe was a good treasure coast one,it had nice little black clumps of spores every where in the spore water,maybe thats one reason why the started so quick?
At this point I am just assuming it is mycelium growth,I meen it is sort of white,and it is growing from what I can see,and it started between 2-5 days wich I have read lots of people see growth that fast.
I think I have also read a couple post way back that some people saw mycelium growth withen the first 15-24 hours with treasure coast!
Thanks guys!

InvisiblePenroc3
hypno toad
 User Gallery

#1157382 - 12/20/02 06:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

aer you saying that the growth is just in the shape of a sperm??? if so that is fine because who knows how the myc. wants to grow. its like thoes potaots poeople think they see faces in. it should be fine

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: I think I see growth "myco-bag" [Re: Penroc3]
    #1157400 - 12/20/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

What...sperm has a shape!

Well no I wasen't saying that it was growing in the shape of sperm,man I have realy no idea what sperm is shaped like!
It looks more like sperm color,sort of milky whiteish growth,and it is growing.
It is hard to ezspain but it is just not snow covered white as can be like in the pics I have seen,it isen't realy that white yet,only in a couple spots is it white at all!
Is mycelium,or I should say does mycelium start as sort of a liquid,if not how does it start out?
Thanks!

Edited by livingsublime (12/20/02 06:42 AM)

Anonymous

#1157885 - 12/20/02 10:49 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Does it look like this?

If so, then congratulations!!

You have Bacillus contamination :tongue: 

Offlinetwistedweather
ka-blammo

#1158300 - 12/20/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thats not a very pretty picture, if fact its down right sad

--------------------

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

#1158437 - 12/20/02 03:14 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Actually ya!
You got that pic from the contaim FAQ right?
What do I do huh...just through it away and start over?
I though the myco-bag was the easiest thing to grow mushrooms with but...if there is something easier please let me know!
Thanks

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

#1158860 - 12/20/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

So how did you manage to contam a myco bag?, Guess even fool-proof isnt fool proof

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Anonymous

#1158871 - 12/20/02 06:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Dude dont jump the gun! If it's a contam, and it may be, that sucks. If it is not and you toss out the bag without waiting that sucks more!!! Give it a week or so and see how it looks.

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

#1159421 - 12/21/02 03:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks guys.
Ya I was defently planning on waiting a week and seeing what developes in the bag,it could posible be the begining of mycelium but last night I smelled it and it wasen't great!
It defently don't smell like grain anymore or anything I can putt into words,havent anyone else ever got a contaim in a mycobag?
If it was a contaim,would it have started in the bag, or could it be from the syringe?Either way i have a feeling it was the treaure coast syringe from spore works because both bags now have this crap growing,and I used the same syringe in both bags!
Thanks

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1159763 - 12/21/02 07:12 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sniff the filter patch. It allows gas exchange and will let odors through.

Offlinelivingsublime
Stranger

Re: I think I see growth "myco-bag" [Re: daussaulit]
    #1160046 - 12/21/02 10:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yes I smelled the bag through the patch today,well both of them actualy and both myco-bags smell like rooten apples!
I don't know about the smell but it defently smells like somthing rotting inside the bags.The first myco-bag diden't have this smell untill I re-injected with treasure coast,then both bags withen a week now stink like shit!

OfflineMrbadguy
Marquis de Sade

Loc: Enemy territory
    #1160292 - 12/21/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you forgot to say thanks on that reply

--------------------
...hypothetically speaking of course.

Offlineshorty42
Stranger

#10327344 - 05/12/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the best thing you can do it let it sit for a week, then check it. It will grow alot faster if you just let it get complete darkness, light can stall the whole thing.

Offlinecapt cap
art of revolution
Male User Gallery

Loc: VA
Re: I think I see growth "myco-bag" [Re: shorty42]
    #10327354 - 05/12/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

post above yours was from 6 Years ago.

:coleman:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale