Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
Newbie needs help (heart/panic related questions)
    #606356 - 04/12/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hello there. I have not taken psilocybin before but I'm very interested in taking it.

I'm not much of a partying person and I'm quite introvert. When I take dope, I get a racing heart and I get anxious about my racing heart. Even when I'm not on dope, I sometimes get paranoid about my heart.

I was wondering if mushrooms would give me a racing heart upon consumption, since I haven't read anything about mushrooms that covered the heart. I feel that I could take anything that comes to my brain, but not my heart.

Please post anything related to the heart and pulse.

Thankyou for your time

--------------------

Edited by Sparklehorse (04/12/02 11:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePachanguero
Re: Newbie needs help (heart/panic related questions) [Re: Sparklehorse]
    #606368 - 04/12/02 11:55 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If you are prone to panic attacks, you probably should not be using drugs -- especially hallucinogens or amphetamines.

OfflineSparklehorse

#606380 - 04/12/02 12:04 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not very prone to panic attacks, but I have had them while on THC because of the fact my heart was racing. Usually I'm pretty stable.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #606382 - 04/12/02 12:06 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i've noticed i have a slightly elevated heart rate/pulse when i trip. it is not to the point where it is bothersome for me however. but i agree that if you are prone to panic attacks, you should definitely reconsider taking such a strong substance. a close friend who has an anxiety disorder and is currently taking medication to deal with it has done shrooms a few times with me, however he has had some disturbing anxiety as of late and he's wondering if the shrooms perhaps helped induce it. what i'm sayin' is i wouldn't really worry about your heart rate so much, just make sure you're ready for a mind-blowing experience and that you are in an environment in which you feel completely comfortable. i'd also advise taking no more than two grams for your first experience.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineBanshee
wannabepsilocybe
Loc: no mans land
Re: Newbie needs help (heart/panic related questions) [Re: Pachanguero]
    #606391 - 04/12/02 12:14 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

When I smoke dope I am also a victim of this "Racing Heart Paranoia," just don't pay attention to it and you will forget about it. I'm not peer pressuring or anything, but give it a try, everything deserves a try at least once.

But if you are really paranoid, the racing heart could affect the plot of your trip... negatively. It's your choice bro.

--------------------

The Universal Spirit is within.

OfflineSparklehorse

Re: Newbie needs help (heart/panic related questions) [Re: geokills]
    #606395 - 04/12/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like good advice. I wouldn't not do shrooms at least once due to panic disorder (which I doubt I've got). Perhaps a small dose would aquaint me with the mushroom experience ever so slightly and would put me at relative ease for a bigger dose...

--------------------

OfflineSparklehorse

Re: Newbie needs help (heart/panic related questions) [Re: Banshee]
    #606400 - 04/12/02 12:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It's good to know there are more of us (racing heart paranoia :smile:)! Most of my friends seem quite content about their racing hearts, so it bothers me I'm missing out! I'm sure it's something I can sort out before long.

It's not mushroom season for a while, which gives me chance to mentally prepare myself. 

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #606411 - 04/12/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well psilocybin itself will not raise your heartbeat much at all. It should only be barely noticeable, and only if you are paying attention to it.

But...I do find that my heart can jump up every once in a while due to external circumstances. Tripping can be a rough time emotionally (note that "rough" doesn't necessarily mean "bad") so your heart can speed up naturally a little.

I've had panic attacks from weed before because of a racing heart, so I know what that's like. I have never had a panick attack from mushrooms because of a racing heart, though. Just try not to think about it and you should be ok. At any rate, the change in heart rate is not nearly as severe with psilocybin as it is with THC.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #606511 - 04/12/02 02:04 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I have heart disease--Aortic valve insuffiency, heart murmer, and a pin size hole in my heart. I have tripped 100+ times and have never had any trouble w/ my heart. I have gotten the racing heart/panic thing but, you just have to learn to relax and remember your on a drug. I would go small and work your way up. If you focus on something while tripping you will proably get stuck in a loop and have nothing turn into something scary. just relax and go with the flow, don't fight the feeling.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineSparklehorse

#635087 - 05/18/02 04:52 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Can anyone add more feedback?

--------------------

OfflineUHID
enthusiast
Loc: IL
    #635115 - 05/18/02 05:33 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

my ex-girlfriend and my ex-roommate (two different people) both used to have these flip-out, panic attacks when smoking bud. same sort of stuff. my roommate actually went to the hospital one day 'cause he was convinced his heart was going to stop. the doctor told him it was all in his head. he came home, smoked up, and back to the hospital he went!

anyway, there's no way in hell i'd give either one of them mushrooms. it's a lot more powerful, and there's no stopping it. with nugs, it wears off pretty quickly, but with shrooms you're locked in for at least a few hours...

if you DO decide to try 'em, make sure your environment is %100 comfortable, and you have someone to drive you to the hospital if you flip out....

take care! stay safe....
-bizarro

OfflineSparklehorse

#635182 - 05/18/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yes I've been to hospital when I was on Weed because I was convinced I was having a heart attack and that my heart would burst or stop or something.

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Newbie needs help (heart/panic related questio [Re: Sparklehorse]
    #635529 - 05/18/02 02:30 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Actually, I wouldn't have hospital on standby. Sometimes the last thing you need is being in a brightly lit, sterile, bright white room full of doctors (and sometimes cops). So just have a sober friend there to help talk you down and make sure you're REALLY comfortable with the environment. For example, if you're going to walk down a dark walkway by yourself, THAT would get your heart pumping, so don't! Hehehe. Music might help take your mind off your heart.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #635622 - 05/18/02 03:44 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I am quite experienced and still get heart-related problems. It will race or pound extremely hard.

I believe the mushrooms can trigger a very primal fight or flight response. As neither is useful, it can be confusing and give one the feeling that something must be done, yet nothing is effective. You must relax and let go into it. To fight the trip is the worst thing one can do, but is instinctual to try.

The feeling is quite different from a pot-induced paranoia.

I have a few suggestions if you want to trip.

1. Do so with MINIMAL stimulation. Forget music, movies, non-tripping friends, etc.

2. Take half of your planned dose, then wait 1 to 1 1/2 hours and do the rest if you are OK with it.

3. Focus on your breathing. Slow and steady. People in panic mode tend to either hold their breath or hyperventilate.

4. Don't trip with other inexperienced trippers your first time.

Optional would be to have ONE glass of wine on the come-up to relax you. More alcohol than that would not be a good thing. Trust me on this.

Hope this helps.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSparklehorse

Re: Newbie needs help (heart/panic related questions) [Re: Swami]
    #672530 - 06/11/02 02:07 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Thankyou for the tips Swami

--------------------

OfflineWildCardsRevenge
Grade Eh Meat
 User Gallery

#673035 - 06/11/02 09:59 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Its funny i always seem to get a faster heartbeat with weed, and then just fall asleep about 40 minutes after smoking
but mush i get very relaxed and just enjoy sitting and chilling, once and a while i do get active buts its mostly to go look at something shiny

If your going to listen to music, listen to something that you can lose yourself in the beat, i find techno the best music to trip to. No lyrics to think about, well not very many, and if you get distracted by something you can always just seem to fall back into the rythem, any other kind of music and i have too hard of a time keeping track of whats being said or what have you

peace

--------------------
--------------------------

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #673340 - 06/11/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

How long have you been smoking weed? I used to get the racing heart - its a mild panic attack because you are feeling different then normal. It goes away with time, but I do still get it once in a while. If you've been smoking for a while and still always get it, then I'd be cautious. I too get more relaxed when I eat mushrooms - but if I smoke bud while tripping, I get so paniced.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #674985 - 06/12/02 01:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Psilocybin tends to make me more aware of my body and all it's functions including my heart beating. I tend to think my heart rate goes up slightly when on psilocybin although that may just be the excitement of the trip. Start with a real low dose and gage youself.

Keep on Shining

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Newbie needs help (heart/panic related questions) [Re: Ripple]
    #675018 - 06/12/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

really dank weed makes my hear race during the blow up...but you're also "sensing" your heart beat moreso than in a sober state too...I only worried about it a few times enough to take my blood pressure and check my pulse and realized I was just stoned and everything ws fine.

I have only ever had one panic attack in my life and it was on weed...seems like most peeps who smoke often at least have this experience once on dank bud...so just realize if it does happen to you, you'll be fine and you'll be laughing about it a few hours later...

Love & Light,

Boppity

PS - How you smoke makes a huge difference too...I used to slam bowls down now I take the smooth sailing approach and slowly work a bowl and I've yet to have my heart race on me or panic attack again...

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
    #676506 - 06/13/02 10:43 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

One fo the first time i tried weed my heart was beating really hard and fast, and it worried me, but when i found out I couldnt die from getting stoned it didnt worry me again. Same with LSD, my heat was going like the clappers, but I knew i couldnt die, so forgot about it.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder